What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jennings punted to Windsor

betcats

Referee
Damn that sucks, will be a cracker of a game, last years finalist and a hot windsor side with Jennings in it.

mxlegend99

Referee
They keep blaming form and saying dropping him sends a clear message to the rest of the team. The only message I see is that if youre our leading try scorer and best attacking player, one poir game while injured gets you dropped. If you play shit all year you keep your spot or regain it.

The team selections under Ivan Cleary certainly haven't improved. I'd rate them as being even worse then they were at the same point in Matt Elliotts time here.

Big Mick

Referee
Like I said...I wouldn't underestimate the players leadership group in this decision. Just saying.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
A bigger concern is the report in todays papers stating we have 4 players taking up half our salary cap due to back ended contracts.This is why leary was shown the door
Year after year of deals between players and the club and Leary is the only one who could have been held accountable for it? I don't buy that either. Either the Board signed off each years budgets knowingly or they did it blindly - doesn't matter which way they did it but they have contributed to the problems the club continues to find itself in. Year after year, different CEO's, different coaches, different players but the nett results are the same - something isn't right at the foot of the mountains.

Jenko will enjoy going to NSW Cup, he'll look like the superstar we all know he is capable of being and will be playing in a winning team unlike the first grade team he's been dropped from. If that's not irony, it's close to it.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Like I said...I wouldn't underestimate the players leadership group in this decision. Just saying.

Who is that these days? It was well documented last year when the leadership group wanted him dropped that the group was Waterhouse, Lewis, Civoniceva, Smith and Grant. But apart from Grant and Lewis who is deemed a leader there now?

Big Mick

Referee
Travis Burns is one. And after seeing the way he was telling off Jennings after that last try...

Caged Panther

First Grade
It's becoming pretty clear it's an attitude rather than form thing the problem is though is dropping him really gong to do anything to fix his bad attitude if Stuart turns around and picks him for origin anyway?

The OX

Juniors
Its a game of two halves.

Jennings seems keen to score tries,but isnt too keenmon defence.

Turnstile defence and almost guaranteed to come out of missed tackles with a limp or clutching a shoulder.

This is going to end badly for him.

darkbloom

Juniors
It is clear by gus this morning on radio. Jenko was dropped on form by the coaching team not gus.A bigger concern is the report in todays papers stating we have 4 players taking up half our salary cap due to back ended contracts.This is why leary was shown the door
As for not being competitive to 2015 that would tie in with these deals. As i have said many times jennings is a champion and he will bounce back
Positives are he gets to wear the great windsor jersey and could be picked directly from the windsor team another achievment by the wolves

After examining everything Gus said it would take 18 months to get on track. He knew what contracts were in place then. Now he is saying 3 years.

Leary upgraded or extended contracts for Jennings, Grant, Mckendry. The pressure to do so was massive.

There was no pressure to sign Walsh or Tighe to new deals.

Don't know the money they are on but I know whose signings I prefer.

rem286

Juniors
Its a game of two halves.

Jennings seems keen to score tries,but isnt too keenmon defence.

Turnstile defence and almost guaranteed to come out of missed tackles with a limp or clutching a shoulder.

This is going to end badly for him.

Im glad I am not the only one that notices this, it is a consistent phenomenon. If he is going poorly in attack or defence he regularly goes down with an injury especially if the team is losing.

Big Mick

Referee
After examining everything Gus said it would take 18 months to get on track. He knew what contracts were in place then. Now he is saying 3 years.

Leary upgraded or extended contracts for Jennings, Grant, Mckendry. The pressure to do so was massive.

There was no pressure to sign Walsh or Tighe to new deals.

Don't know the money they are on but I know whose signings I prefer.

They are hardly on anything.

And Jennings, Grant, McKendry's contracts being heavily backloaded...makes it very difficult to retain juniors in the long run & attract other players without continually doing backloaded contracts.

murraymob

First Grade
there is no need to back load 1 single contract again isnt that what these 3 years of pain is about clearing contracts up

Big Mick

Referee
there is no need to back load 1 single contract again isnt that what these 3 years of pain is about clearing contracts up

Exactly.

That's the point.

That's why when people say "why can't we sign big names"...that's why...he's trying to fix a massive f**k up of Shane Richardson sized proportions.

darkbloom

Juniors
They are hardly on anything.

And Jennings, Grant, McKendry's contracts being heavily backloaded...makes it very difficult to retain juniors in the long run & attract other players without continually doing backloaded contracts.

How are you aware of these facts? Really, Walsh is hardly on anything? What is he on? Are they good signings?

darkbloom

Juniors
Exactly.

That's the point.

That's why when people say "why can't we sign big names"...that's why...he's trying to fix a massive f**k up of Shane Richardson sized proportions.

Who said Richardson f**ked up? Elliott, Leary and Feltis.

This is all sounding the same.

Bennett, Spagnolo, and Kearney sound the same.

Big Mick

Referee
Who said Richardson f**ked up? Elliott, Leary and Feltis.

This is all sounding the same.

Bennett, Spagnolo, and Kearney sound the same.

Read what I said....It's a f**k up of Shane Richardson proportions.

Meaning Leary stuffed up the same way that Richardson screwed us after 2003.

And if you aren't aware of that...do some research & I'm sure you'll find it.

Big Mick

Referee
How are you aware of these facts? Really, Walsh is hardly on anything? What is he on? Are they good signings?

A) I'm just trust the right people. Will it be exact? probably not...but will it be close...probably.
B) I'm not re-hashing it. If u want to get an idea...do the search
C) Did I say they were good signings? Only thing I ever said was they are cap-manageable contracts.

Last edited: