What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luke Lewis asking the Panthers for a release! Wow!

Blade23

Juniors
It was never promised back to him at all, rather they agreed after how poorly it was handled they would look at whether he would be given it back. Big difference.

I can tell you as a fact it was always promised back to him for round 19 from the begining.

Frailty

First Grade
That's fair enough, it's a free country. I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions on why they will not improve.

They are losing better players than what they have coming in. Aside from an unhappy jennings, their senior players are Coote (who was dropped), Walsh, Simmons, and Newton...

That's why they will not improve.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
He has also expressed interest in returning to the Panthers at the end of his career. Possibly development role

Heard that before too from another player who left recently who I can tell you won't be back at all to ever fulfill that one liner.

BunniesMan

Immortal
About the Cleary-Gould regime. Cleary has lost more games than he's won as coach. Gould hasn't had a big role at a club for a long time before this gig.

Just sayin...

M2D2

Bench
That's fair enough, it's a free country. I wouldn't mind hearing your opinions on why they will not improve.
Their halves are still there. Losing the heart and soul of the club. Loosing their 2nd best back. I have no doubt that things will get get worse before they get better unless they sign a star to take the spot Lewis left.

BunniesMan

Immortal
They are losing better players than what they have coming in. Aside from an unhappy jennings, their senior players are Coote (who was dropped), Walsh, Simmons, and Newton...

I agree with every word of this.

They're not making the 8 in 2013.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
Do you read what you type. Didn't you say the panthers were more chance of winning a comp than the cows.

Off your head.
In 2014. With Lewis and Thurston.

Now they're going backwards.

Sandor Earl looks like another mistake they've made. Add Lewis to it.

They made some solid signings but the players they've lost for 2013 are at least as good.

Fire

First Grade

Thanks for your response. Fair enough, time will tell I guess. I think they will improve simply because Cleary will get a rocket up the youngsters. A lot of people saw no improvement in your club this time last year, but you guys are sitting in a good position.

abpanther

Staff member
Gee there's a lot of experts around here.

Point is if Lewis wanted to go there's not much to be done about it.

The real question is why did he want to leave?

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree with every word of this.They're not making the 8 in 2013.

Sadly. I thought that with Lewis. Terrible coach. Gould p!ssing players off. Not 1 player has improved this year. No reason to think next year will be different.

Lewis & Petero. Both played for numerous rep teams. Every coach & player that played with them loved them. Yep Gould got rid of both. Shameful display.

ANTiLAG

First Grade
I wonder who will get Luke Lewis, Roosters or Union.

One of those two and I will not be surprised at all.

Who else would be in the market? Newcastle? The Queensland clubs are reasonably well stocked...

I do not think it will be a Western Sydney club giving Gould's comments.

Panfas

Juniors
Look at their Windsor Wolves and NYC sides. There are good things on the horizon for Penrith.
This

for what its worth, this would be next years back row

11. Lewis Brown
12. Sika Manu
13. Blake Austin
14. Vaipuna Tia-Kilifi
Add Nathan Smith in there somewhere, it is not too bad a back row

Latest posts