What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And more good news......Parish to stay.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He's hasn't proven anything anyway. Remember the hype of Kearney when he was being touted? we know how that ended, he ended up becoming the worst NRL coach in history.

The point is there's only a couple of coaches in the game who have proven they are high quality. Then there are heaps that have proven they're mediocre.

If you can't get one of the ones who have proven they are awesome, you're better off avoiding one of the dozens of coaches who have proven they're no good and go with somebody untested at NRL level.

Stagger eel

Staff member
by the way, I don't think Parish worked with Hasler as he only joined the club this year.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hasler? Didn't think so.

Oh you mean that cheating merkin in Melbourne... not all of his assistants have proved to be worth employing.

:lol:

Ex-Storm coaches are currently employed at four different clubs. They don't seem to have any trouble finding work.

Keep talking shit troll. :lol:

natheel

Coach
The plus side for parish coming is simply the fact he was part of the coaching staff that was helping nsw moving forward and I can see he and sticky have a good working relationship. So it's a safe option for Ricky as he knows parish works well with him. Good for the club and along with dean pay we have a great coaching staff

bartman

Immortal
That is true.
Yeah. Maguire's done ok at Souths, but he went and got ESL Head Coach experience first too.

I can't think of any other Storm assistants that have amounted to anything in first grade other than assistant coach material? That speaks volumes about the fallacy that all Storm/Bellamy assistants are somehow a smart bet as head coaches. Thankfully our club has learned from its mistake.

bartman

Immortal
Sorry mate, but when you reply directly to/after me, I can't see what you post to continue the conversation ;-).

IFR33K

Coach
Yeah. Maguire's done ok at Souths, but he went and got ESL Head Coach experience first too.

I can't think of any other Storm assistants that have amounted to anything in first grade other than assistant coach material? That speaks volumes about the fallacy that all Storm/Bellamy assistants are somehow a smart bet as head coaches. Thankfully our club has learned from its mistake.

It's not the club that needs to learn from it's mistake, it's the board. But other than that, you are correct.

Stagger eel

Staff member
So anyone coming from a Bellamy system isn't worth employing?? ...one of your best Barty lol

Latest posts