What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

Misanthrope

Staff member
Daley just said on Matty Johns show that Mitchell Pearce will def play number 7 if he's fit

I've heard enough. I won't be watching this year if this is again the direction the team is heading. It's becoming a farce.

NrlCoach

Juniors
conformed no merrit unless every nrl and u20 fullbacks, centres and wingers get injuired or are banned 2 years by ASADA

watatank

Coach
One is a left winger, the other a right centre. It is that simple. Or should we play one of them out of position just because they are twins?

Josh is mainly a left centre who switched to the right for Origin. Brett is mainly a left winger who has played on the right for Australia.

Ladmate

Bench
No Michael Gordon is a joke. He's the most complete back in NSW, best goalkicker, excellent positioning, great support, elusive, defense. I don't see how Brett Stewart is a better option at all.

Spot On

Coach
I remember last origin noticing that morris (don't know which one/don't give a shit/doesn't matter) quite clearly had the specific assignment of targetting GI and once or twice he seemed to surprise GI by being right up his arse vigorously attacking him as soon as the ball touched his finger tips, with GI being a bit "wtf" and being contained by the extra special treatment.

I hardly, however, see this as a morris having GI's number. If GI is expecting such fervent persecution he might just take it upon himself to school the neckless boys extra hard and be an even bigger pain in the arse for the blues.

I also think the same special assignment could be given to anyone and they'd be as effective as whichever morris it was, it was more about the strategy and commitment than any ability morris has.

Yeah I suppose they'd want Inglis's opposite to target him. Imagine that. Defend against your opposite as well as you can. Brilliant, ground breaking plan that. FMD.

watatank

Coach
Hopefully Gordon gets picked. He's a very solid winger but gun goalkicker as well and that's crucial at this level.

RWB

Bench
Yes he killed our attack. He only set up 3 or 4 tries, nearly scored a try himself in game 1 when he was held up over the line.

As others has said he was NSW best player last year. And you want bederus over Farah. Laughable.

Yeh that's what I said, I want Buderus over Farah :alcho:

Learn to read you drop kick.

Señor

Juniors
Morris kept Inglis very quiet last year. He was a standout for us. To attempt to argue differently highlights your poor understanding of the game.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/origin-iii-player-ratings/story-e6frexv9-1226417137711

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/how-they-rated-nsw-20120704-21hv7.html

:lol: A very poor understanding of the game is demonstrated by the need to support your argument with excerpts from the Daily Telegraph. I've had this argument multiple times before and Morris was culpable in both of Boyd's tries in the first game. I've even been through this debate in this thread.

Here

Here

Here

f**k, it just gets worse. Please do tell us who should play in the halves for NSW. Let's get it out there before the series kicks off.

In an ideal world Carney and Campese would be the best halves pairing. But in the current situation they should probably go with Pearce and Carney or Mullen and Carney. As long as Bird is nowhere near the halves they should be fine.

isaiah

Bench
I remember last origin noticing that morris (don't know which one/don't give a shit/doesn't matter) quite clearly had the specific assignment of targetting GI and once or twice he seemed to surprise GI by being right up his arse vigorously attacking him as soon as the ball touched his finger tips, with GI being a bit "wtf" and being contained by the extra special treatment.

I hardly, however, see this as a morris having GI's number. If GI is expecting such fervent persecution he might just take it upon himself to school the neckless boys extra hard and be an even bigger pain in the arse for the blues.

I also think the same special assignment could be given to anyone and they'd be as effective as whichever morris it was, it was more about the strategy and commitment than any ability morris has.

I must have watched a different origin telecast. From my recollection, inglis was so good at fullback. It was as if meninga had seen how slater had been targeted and said, try that with this guy. They did and paid the price with a loss.

Last edited: