What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Defense of the Ancients (DotA) Mafia Game Thread (GAME OVER)

soc123_au

Staff member
My first ever win. I'd have to have gone the longest by far of the regulars?

Targetted mafia 3 times out of 5 kill opportunities, helped lynch DB and saw through Apey before most.

Odds on me dead day/night 1 next game?

The day after I died Dutchy let me in his QT. I was cheering for you after that, good to see you break the duck.

thorson1987

Coach
In my defence, it was a quick choice.

Didn't even look at the player list, and the other guys in my faction never gave me an answer about who to block.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
In my defence, it was a quick choice.

Didn't even look at the player list, and the other guys in my faction never gave me an answer about who to block.

Yeah, we could have been more helpful at times :lol: oh well, all fun and games!

First Grade
My favourite part of that QT was how many times they called town dumb yet they targeted a player not even in the game and were beaten by the "dumb town".

Apey

Staff member
Our quicktopic isn't that exciting.

I thought the balance was good with the town being a bit light on powers.

Unsure if serious. Town had plenty to work with:

Two roleblockers (Monk, SGB) (who were also essentially investigators since their results were included in night write-ups)
Two protectors (DP, Soc)
Two (3? if you include dogslife) investigator types (Ozzy, Fred, dogslife)
Two separate vigilantes equal to one. (BM, Smiley)

FTR, our faction had:

JM - can't die until rest of us died
Me - kill each night
RHCP - kill even night
NT - two roleblocks, can't hit the same target on consecutive nights
MSIH - investigate & force vote combo

A bunch of those things changed during the game (investigation becoming factional after MSIH died, investigation becoming a roleblock after NT died).

Thanks for the game Dutchy, I certainly had lots of fun. Refuge.

soc123_au

Staff member
I was being serious. It didn't feel as though half the players were outed by day 2 like some of the other games. I guess perspective changes depending on what team you are.

First Grade
Our quicktopic isn't that exciting.

Unsure if serious. Town had plenty to work with:

Two roleblockers (Monk, SGB) (who were also essentially investigators since their results were included in night write-ups)
Two protectors (DP, Soc)
Two (3? if you include dogslife) investigator types (Ozzy, Fred, dogslife)
Two separate vigilantes equal to one. (BM, Smiley)

FTR, our faction had:

JM - can't die until rest of us died
Me - kill each night
RHCP - kill even night
NT - two roleblocks, can't hit the same target on consecutive nights
MSIH - investigate & force vote combo

A bunch of those things changed during the game (investigation becoming factional after MSIH died, investigation becoming a roleblock after NT died).

Thanks for the game Dutchy, I certainly had lots of fun. Refuge.

I actually felt bad for you when you said you were going through a rough patch you merkin.

dogslife

Coach
Bazzi killed me before I could give any useful information. And killed himself in the process I think.

Ftr I investigated Drew the night I died and would've outed him the next day. Silly Bazzi

Didgi

Didgi stayed invisible the whole time, boring motherf**ker. He got role-blocked the night he died.

Me alive was more valuable than taking shots in the dark. Happy I took up two role-blocks and a kill when I was taken down.

Who wins the Mafia nub award... thorson for targeting a non-player, or Didgi last game for investigating his own team mate?

Or JM for having a sook after every game?

RHCP

Bench
Thanks for running this Dutchy. Next time I'm scum hopefully I can survive the first night.

Apey

Staff member
I was being serious. It didn't feel as though half the players were outed by day 2 like some of the other games. I guess perspective changes depending on what team you are.

Probably.

On this, I said this to Dutchy on FB but I'll say it here too: I liked how Dutchy included the roleblock results in the write-ups. The write-ups were good and this certainly added to them. However, if you include roleblockers in the write-up, it's essentially another role/character investigator for town. Just my opinion but I think if you're going to do that (which I like and probably will do in my next game) you have to cut back on the total investigator/roleblocker numbers.

I actually felt bad for you when you said you were going through a rough patch you merkin.

Thanks for the concern but to be blunt; meh. I told a fib in a mafia game to keep myself alive longer and it worked. The fib was kept purely to this thread.

Misanthrope

Staff member
My favourite part of that QT was how many times they called town dumb yet they targeted a player not even in the game and were beaten by the "dumb town".

To be accurate, it was usually Dutchy calling you guys stupid.

The town didn't beat either faction - we both whittled one another down to the point that we were outnumbered and then you guys got to pick off the bones.

Apey

Staff member
Me alive was more valuable than taking shots in the dark. Happy I took up two role-blocks and a kill when I was taken down.

Or JM for having a sook after every game?

I killed you because I thought you must have been one of the last Undead members as a silencer. Bad idea in hindsight.

Monk

Referee
Had a whole lot of fun with this game. Very proud of BM for notching up his first win.

On ya townies!