What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

saint.nick

Coach
Very interesting interview I found of Ginnane here (just after he replaced Anthony Maroon as main caller for Triple M's Monday night football at the start of 2009):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VXt1NcMc_Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGhKM73Th88

Goes to show that even if you have an extremely terrible TER/UAI/ATAR, you can still get far in life if you're prepared to put in the hard yards. Good on him.

I didn't get a bad ATAR at all (which was last year, at Macquarie Uni now). But the way the education system tried to make you think your HSC is almost the be all and end all of your future was laughable ( I attended Kogarah Marist, just like Ginnane). I find it hard to believe that what you did as a less mature teenager, where your decision making and discipline is usually not at optimum level, can determine where you are going to go in life. Yes, getting a 99.9 makes things a lot easier, but in my opinion, you had to sacrifice too much in your schooling years to achieve that, unless you're a genius brain child, and all the stress really isn't worth it. I know this girl who had a limited social life because she worked so hard in school, and has now let loose. You can say that she's become a bit too easy, because she's trying to catch up on all the stuff she missed out on. Once you hit uni, people don't give a f*** about what ATAR you got anymore. It's basically become a long lost topic of discussion, and you sound lame when you are really interested to know what ATAR someone got in their HSC.

nrlnrl

First Grade
What's with their dickhead nicknames? 'Buzz' and 'Bulldog' and the like. f**k off merkins your names are Phil and Dean and you wrote ABOUT the news, YOU are not the news.

Only one problem there, they give their interpretation / opinion of events & try to sell that as news. If you don't agree with them, you're wrong - just ask them, they'll tell you.

Sports editor at large

BJetPiPCMAANyn0.jpg:large

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

"Hey guys .........
hey guys ....
heyyy, no one has paid attention to me in like foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ......
guyyyyyyyyyys ...........................
Wait, Ive got an idea .........................
Twit pic, bitches ................
FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey guys ................
Hey guys ...........
Did you see my picture ???????????
Pretty good, ay ............
prettty CRAZY, right ........
Yeahhhh .......
Im a sports fan .....
SPORTS FAN!!!!!
sports fan ........"

chrisD

Coach
Was one line in the DT about Penrith signing Peachy, read like it was written through clenched teeth. In contrast there was a paragraph about Penrith reject Burns setting the ESL alight with a nice comparison to other Penrith rejects burning it up in the NRL.

Packy

Bench
I didn't read that but I am glad to hear Burns is doing well. I love the way he plays.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

choking on ball, this is a new kind of funny.

i know people give him shiit for having a douche-riddled personality but i always respected that atleast he was good at being a douche.

but a 60-year old wearing a box hat ...... scratch that, a light blue box hat. i think you lot should start being nice to him, hes having his mid-life crisis, just 30 years later than everyone else.

Latest posts