What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne out the rest of the year?

spiderdan

Bench
If he's not 100% fit and there's nothing to gain, why get upset?
i'd prefer to see hayne play but maybe the hammy is worse than they first thought.

Nathan Buckley had hamstring issues when he was playing afl. Kept coming back when it felt ok and kept reinjuring it. Wasn't until after he retired they found out he had a 9cm tear running along the muscle that needed surgery to fix that just wasn't going to repair on its own. Maybe hayne has something similar.

Springs

First Grade
I read into the World Cup comments the other way. If Sheens is considering him then he will play to get a shot at selection. Either way its a piss poor attitude to take and out club has stunk of it for years.

Yeah I hadn't read what Stuart said about the World Cup before I posted.

And Hayne should certainly be pushing for a spot in the Aussie squad. He should be the first winger picked and the back-up fullback.

Noise

Coach
Yeah I hadn't read what Stuart said about the World Cup before I posted.

And Hayne should certainly be pushing for a spot in the Aussie squad. He should be the first winger picked and the back-up fullback.

Id say Inglis would be the backup fullback

bartman

Immortal
To me the talk of whether Sheens wants Hayne for the World Cup indicates the hammy injury is maybe a little bit more than "just a hammy" and surgery might be an option?

Stuart saying Hayne won't play again this year unless Sheens wants him for Australia could be a way to get Sheens to make a call now, so that if he's not in the Kangaroo's top 17 then the Eels can put Jarryd in for surgery early, and try and get him ready for 2014?

bartman

Immortal
wooden-spoon-set-of-31.jpg

Suitman

Post Whore
To me the talk of whether Sheens wants Hayne for the World Cup indicates the hammy injury is maybe a little bit more than "just a hammy" and surgery might be an option?

Stuart saying Hayne won't play again this year unless Sheens wants him for Australia could be a way to get Sheens to make a call now, so that if he's not in the Kangaroo's top 17 then the Eels can put Jarryd in for surgery early, and try and get him ready for 2014?

Thanks Dr Bart.

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
It does kind of feel like Ricky doesn't give a shit about the joint until he gets a side he's prepared to put his reputation on the line for

strider

Post Whore
if he is so on the brink of injuring it again then he needs to definitely rule himself out of the kangaroos tour ... its that simple

Chipmunk

Coach
Good old Half Season Hayne. This is the second year in a row he's only played 12 games.

I think I posted a comment about a year ago that think he will be injury prone and I can only see him playing about 12 games a year for the rest of his career.

It's a shame I appear to be on the money.

TheParraboy

Staff member
With Slater the no1 fullback, they may not worry about a back up fullback. Darius Boyd or Greg Inglis can play there should Slater get injured. You have Brett Morris there as well. So not sure Hayne will even get picked, unless Sheens want to play him on the wing if Slater is fit.

I think I posted a comment about a year ago that think he will be injury prone and I can only see him playing about 12 games a year for the rest of his career.

It's a shame I appear to be on the money.

Yes, I was shot down for making a similar point when a couple of people suggested re-signing him at *any* price.