What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matautia contract updates

Knight Vision

First Grade
I still believe Koukash will get his way. He will play the game on this so to speak. He just has to do what he does best. Be a businessman first. As frustrated as he must be at least he hasn't blown up like Tinkler did when Burro and Tew prolonged negotiations back in 2010.

I feel Matt Gidley will be pushed aside when the new board comes to fruition. I will actually feel partially bad for the dude cos he has been placed in a very unenviable position. Might be time we lay off the fella cos he has a hell of a lot to deal with since Tinkler dropped him and the club in the grinder.

Great adversity is when champions stand up. If he isnt good enough f**k him off. I want winners not excuses. I dont want to hear the labor pains I just want to see the baby.

Noname36

First Grade
Reading the Sun Herald makes me feel a little better this morning...

Yeah, Sione at the very least made it obvious his heart is here. Seems they're under a lot of pressure to go to the Dogs though. He openly admitted that a lot of the Bulldogs board members know them and members of their family personally, along with their manager having a long connection to the club. Sione has been here since he was 5 though and has only ever played football in Newcastle or for the Knights so I can see why he in particular wouldn't want to leave and would feel conflicted.

Also interesting that he mentioned that they all sat down together and discussed that their first option was to stay together but if they all want different things they'll split up. And that's the thing, it's going to require 3 backflips for them all to stay here, not just one.

Their manager seems to be making this all very difficult for them though. Seems like instead of looking out for where the boys feel more comfortable he's looking out for his own connections. It's a massive conflict of interest.

Last edited:

Card Shark

Immortal
Looking out for his own pocket, that's what manager's do.

Hope they stay with you guys , signing them so far away from the actual playing year is ridiculous. Will impact upon them next year - they will be in the news until the change of heart period is up.

Isn't their rules in place to stop blokes with connections like that manager has getting accredited really thought they were supposed to be neutral?

Bluebag

Juniors
Being a player agent is all about connections. You are believing everything you read as being gospel. On their last contract the boys were keenly sought after and the manager kept them at Newcastle on less money that was offered elsewhere as the knights had cap issues. He could have got them more money 2 years ago if that was the case. He also has players at most clubs and in the UK. No manager is going to only directly players to one club as league is such a tiny ge options are not that great. Now the knights have ti cough uo some cash to keep them. It is a clever strategic move anyway to get them a great deal. At the end of the day the digs met with the boys and the family and not the knights who knly just started talking. The boys signed not the manager as managers cant sign any contract or letter of intent. If you have questions ask gidley and what the offer is. The answer will be short no offer tabled.

Noname36

First Grade
Being a player agent is all about connections. You are believing everything you read as being gospel. On their last contract the boys were keenly sought after and the manager kept them at Newcastle on less money that was offered elsewhere as the knights had cap issues. He could have got them more money 2 years ago if that was the case. He also has players at most clubs and in the UK. No manager is going to only directly players to one club as league is such a tiny ge options are not that great. Now the knights have ti cough uo some cash to keep them. It is a clever strategic move anyway to get them a great deal. At the end of the day the digs met with the boys and the family and not the knights who knly just started talking. The boys signed not the manager as managers cant sign any contract or letter of intent. If you have questions ask gidley and what the offer is. The answer will be short no offer tabled.

Thanks Chris.

macavity

Referee

Yeah not my mail at all.

This muppet manager is looking out for his bulldog family.

Spot On

Coach

Aren't you the one that came in here a couple of pages back shouting that George Coorey was not and never had been a director of Justsportz Management????? You need to address that claim in here, clarify it and then maybe you can come back with some more of your waffle mate.

Haffa

:lol: yeah, f**k off.

slotmachine

First Grade
Haddad has done such a good job the herald is reporting the brothers have served him with papers to sever all ties as they don't believe he is acting in their best interests.

Alex28

Coach
At the end of the day the digs met with the boys and the family and not the knights who knly just started talking. The boys signed not the manager as managers cant sign any contract or letter of intent. If you have questions ask gidley and what the offer is. The answer will be short no offer tabled.

So the boys are saying they haven't signed anything.

Stop talking shit :)

Noname36

First Grade
Haddad has done such a good job the herald is reporting the brothers have served him with papers to sever all ties as they don't believe he is acting in their best interests.

Very happy they're doing this before signing any contracts...he doesn't deserve any of their money if it's true he's not working in their best interests. I suspected as much after Sione's in comments those articles on Sunday.

I say this is a pretty positive sign they'll remain here. It doesn't seem like they've liked the pressure he's put on them to sign with Canterbury or the way he's done business in general...looking out for himself and his Bulldogs connections rather than looking out for what they want. I wonder what % of their earnings he's after as well.