What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the worst movie you've seen at the cinema?

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Disclosure (1994) with Michael Douglas and Demi Moore. For some completely different reasons.

I was invited to this movie by a hottie who was keen for a bit more than just the movies. Here I am watching a movie about sexual harassment, my anger building at Demi Moore's character to the extent I wanted to smash her head in with a pair of Besser blocks.

Now this was at complete odds with what I wanted to do to this girl after the movie. The 2 hour 8 minute duration seemed like 8 hours and 2 minutes....I just wanted to get out of there before I did some serious damage to the cinema.

Some hours later the deed was done and both parties went home satisfied!

some11

Referee
I remember going to "Brick" with one of my mates, about half way through he leaned over to me and in a pretty loud whisper stated "I've got no idea what is going on". He's a bit of a comedian though, and to be fair it was a pretty poncy film that felt like it was trying too hard to be cool with all it's convoluted filmnoir-ish dialogue.

I liked it for what it was, just not worth watching at the cinema though, if you want a truly shitty JGL film that's rated highly just because he's in it - Hesher.

Bulldog Force

Referee
lol that movie was bad. I wouldn't say the worst I've seen though. Probably because back when I watched it I loved SFII.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Only ever walked out once- New Year's Eve

Perfect example why you don't ever, ever, EVER, let your girlfriend pick the movie.

I honestly don't even know why this movie was made, it just had no point or reasoning except for the fact someone as an afterthought decided to make a movie about New Years and release it at the same time. I do know the world would of been a much better if it hadn't of been made.

I actually fell asleep first, my misses then woke me up and said something along the lines of 'omg I'm so sorry I chose this, let's get out of here' it was like the weight of the world lifted off my shoulders

Evil_Mush

Juniors
lol that movie was bad. I wouldn't say the worst I've seen though. Probably because back when I watched it I loved SFII.

I felt the same way about Mortal Kombat Annihilation when I saw it as a 15 year old! Terrible movie, but it crammed a shiteload of characters and fights in so I didn't care!

Zoidberg

First Grade
I felt the same way about Mortal Kombat Annihilation when I saw it as a 15 year old! Terrible movie, but it crammed a shiteload of characters and fights in so I didn't care!

Ditto.would love to see another MK film. Loved the original movie when I was young.

Apey

Staff member
Can't remember if it was Transformers II or Transformers III I got dragged along to and was bored shitless for what felt like a very long time.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

MK Annihilation has one redeeming factor.

The fight in the mud between Sonya & some other busty bird.

Other than that, steaming dog poo

vvvrulz

Coach

I hated it as a 12 year old, that says a lot.

Not a single thing was redeeming about it other than perhaps Brian Thompson hamming it up royally as Shao Khan. So much potential wasted with Jax, Cyrax, Sheeva, Baraka, they all looked terrible and were acted like a Saturday morning cartoon. Special mentioned to Motaro, what a colossal butchering of one of my favourite MK villains.

The original was no masterpiece but it was a fun cheesy ride that knew exactly what it wanted to be.

I'm not one to jump on the 'gritty reboot' bandwagon, but Mortal Kombat has plenty of potential for one.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
All posters should divide this into two parts....movies they have walked out on as well as the worst movie they have seen in the cinema.

I've only ever walked out of one movie. I lasted around 30 minutes for "Knock-off" with Van Damme and Rob Schnieder before I had enough and took a walk. To this day, the worst movie I've seen at the movies.

Very close calls to walking out were from the movies "Doom" and "Alien V Predator". I wanted to for both but stuck around for the hope both improve as the film went along....they both just got worse. "Doom" was very dull while "AVP" scaled new heights in moronic cinema. These movies I put above "Knock-off" as they gave me hope unlike the dead-end I knew that was "Knock-off".

I cannot leave this thread without putting in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" in my third level of shitdom. Not as bad as the previous three films I've mentioned...but boy it was bad. The last 20 minutes in particular achieved the absurdity that "Alien v Predator" had over the last thirty minutes, maybe even slightly surpassed it.

If you didn't like AVP, you would have been slicing your eyes at AVP2, absolute trash. I'm a self confessed alien fanatic, seen ALL the movies at least 20 times or more (except AVP 2), played all the games, collect the books, met some of the actors of the series, in general collect any franchise collectables, can pretty much word for word go along with the dialogue on screen and even I can't stand AVP2. It says alot.

As for me? Worst movie I've ever seen in the movies? The only one I've ever walked out on? Deck The Halls
Went with a group of mates, had the whole cinema to ourselves, we ended up gettin bored so started to lay across 3 seats each, before walking out

This one:

Star-Wars-Phantom-Menace-I-Poster_3c1ff9eb.jpeg

Me too :(

Joker's Wild

Coach
Bedazzled. The one with Liz Hurley and Brendan Fraser

Its was such a terrible film but the chick I was dating at the time wanted to see it and well, you know, she was letting me go balls deep in her at the time so I went along

alien

Referee
to those who didnt like that mortal kombat movie, have you watched the tv series mortal kombat - konquest (1998-1999) ??? you may prefer that...

T.S Quint

Coach
Can't remember if it was Transformers II or Transformers III I got dragged along to and was bored shitless for what felt like a very long time.

May have been both. :lol:

I hated it as a 12 year old, that says a lot.

Not a single thing was redeeming about it other than perhaps Brian Thompson hamming it up royally as Shao Khan. So much potential wasted with Jax, Cyrax, Sheeva, Baraka, they all looked terrible and were acted like a Saturday morning cartoon. Special mentioned to Motaro, what a colossal butchering of one of my favourite MK villains.

The original was no masterpiece but it was a fun cheesy ride that knew exactly what it wanted to be.

I'm not one to jump on the 'gritty reboot' bandwagon, but Mortal Kombat has plenty of potential for one.

That is was made for about $13 probably didn't help matters.

vvvrulz

Coach
Bedazzled. The one with Liz Hurley and Brendan Fraser

Its was such a terrible film but the chick I was dating at the time wanted to see it and well, you know, she was letting me go balls deep in her at the time so I went along

Interesting... because I really enjoy Bedazzled although I know many who can't stand it.
Sure its goofy as hell but its a lot of fun if you watch it for what it is.

It was kinda like like Mr and Mrs Smith, I hated that in the first run but watching again expecting a stupid comedy it wasn't so bad

InFlames

Juniors
I'd say Cold Mountain is probably the longest, most boring movie I've ever had to sit through.

Latest posts