What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who have a Foxtel subscription...

Will you keep Foxtel if it doesn't include Rugby League

• Total voters

some11

Referee
Someone should run a strawpoll, share it around on social media and forward the results to Foxtel.

insert.pause

First Grade
You don't need to, both Fox sports and the NRL would know exactly subscriber numbers and likely churn expected by losing NRL, by keeping 4 'lesser' exclusive games, or by having all 8 games.

T.S Quint

Coach
I'm hoping Foxtel don't get the rights so I can finally get rid of it.
Costs me a fortune, and the only things I watch on it are NRL, cricket and some stuff on ESPN.
I watch way more stuff on Netflix, and already have an NFL Gamepass.
If only the NRL had a Gamepass-type subscription - where I can watch it in HD on my TV. I know they have the app now, but it is shitty quality and I have to watch it on my phone.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Hockey publicly spat in the face of hundreds of thousands of people who signed an official petition trying to save the NBN.

Public petitions have never mattered to scum.

DC_fan

Coach
I would keep Foxtel, but drop the sports package. But come 2018 I am thinking of doing that anyway with C.9 covering four games a week.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yes, because:

A) I'm not the only one in my family who watches it;
B) I follow the English Premier League;
C) I also follow V8 Supercars, Formula 1, Cricket, NFL, and AFL, all of which have vastly superior coverage on pay TV.

I cancelled it yesterday, I'm not going to contribute to them paying for AFL. Plenty other ways of watching league that don't involve paying News Corp a cent, Kent made it a very easy decision.

:lol:

Hate to break this to you, but you've been contributing to them paying for AFL for years.

Last edited:

eozsmiles

Bench
NRL wasn't a consideration in my household getting fox, and we don't watch FTA except for cricket and footy, so we won't get rid of it. If fox don't get NRL we'll most likely have to pay someone else for it, and we don't know how much that will be. Nine have spent their money it would seem (and used their space), seven don't want it, and ten probably can't afford it. The ABC and SBS won't be allowed to bid.

RoosTah

Juniors
Yes, because:

A) I'm not the only one in my family who watches it;
B) I follow the English Premier League;
C) I also follow V8 Supercars, Formula 1, Cricket, NFL, and AFL, all of which have vastly superior coverage on pay TV.

Some of those things are now available on other emerging Pay TV services mind you. My old man likes his European Rugby and gets that through Fetch TV's sports pack for instance.

ucantseeme

Juniors
Foxtel without NRL isn't too appealing. I would miss Regular Show but it is on Go!

Why wouldn't the NRL shop the remaining 4 games to Channel 10, leaving Foxtel in an abyss of plummeting subscriber numbers in NSW & QLD for the duration of the new contract, then put the screws to them on the following contract to get them back. Surely Channel 10 would pay as much as Foxtel would for the same thing?

Incorrect

Coach
Foxtel without NRL isn't too appealing. I would miss Regular Show but it is on Go!

Why wouldn't the NRL shop the remaining 4 games to Channel 10, leaving Foxtel in an abyss of plummeting subscriber numbers in NSW & QLD for the duration of the new contract, then put the screws to them on the following contract to get them back. Surely Channel 10 would pay as much as Foxtel would for the same thing?

Murdoch's have a stake in channel 10... without Murdoch money they're probably just about broke so I doubt they would be able to stump up the sort of cash the NRL would be looking for....

Valheru

Coach
I would keep it. I have it for sports in general and TBH I don’t watch a whole lot of rugby league on it. I only really watch the Saturday games on fox if I am at home and on the odd occasion Monday.

The Mrs likes all that Lifestyle you and E news garbage and I am not ashamed to admit that I like the odd documentary as well.

The general consensus on LU is that people would drop Foxtel straight away if there was no NRL. I am sure the majority of people on here would but I doubt that extends to the general public.

undertaker

Coach
Last edited:

undertaker

Coach
I'd keep it so I can watch Kelli Underwood and Tony Squires every Tuesday night on the Back Page... Bet none of you saying you'd cancel it thought about that.... You don't know what you're missing till it's gone...

I don't need to watch The Back Page in order to see what a bushpig looks like

Matua

Bench
As a NZer I would keep Foxtel for the rugby, sorry better keep Mascord happy - the union - but I don't want Ch9 getting all the games unless they stop with so many ads and their shitty standard definition broadcast.

Aside from the History and Discovery channels on occasion we only have Foxtel for sport.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
So apparently because I use a desktop computer instead of a laptop, I'm somehow a second class citizen in Telstra's eyes and can't use the digital pass.

Why am I not surprised that once again, I haven't lost a single dime backing against those assholes.

Latest posts