What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

retch

Juniors
I'm happy just to watch the highlights on the news or the net...the game is a bit too slow.

1553x53.jpg

Noa

First Grade
Angry I think it works like this and I'm Happy to be corrected, but I'm pretty sure you always play your own division home and away. After that the league and the club decide who they will play. Based on rivalry and crowd drawing ability.

Nope, apart from division rivals you have to play every other team once over a 3 year period.

They dont rig draws to maximise crowds and that type of bullshit like the nrl and the afl (who are 1000x worse) do.

POPEYE

Coach
Jarryd Hayne is awesome.

He's where he always wanted to be, in a game where he only has to play minimal minutes for maximum exposure, can't be long before we see the arms outstretched as each standing ovation reaches a crescendo . . . won't matter a damn, least of all to Jarryd, if his team gets flogged every week

I'll love every minute of it, a giggle at the Yanks and only have to sit through a few minutes on Tube . . . be like having a piss in the shower

He's where he always wanted to be, in a game where he only has to play minimal minutes for maximum exposure, can't be long before we see the arms outstretched as each standing ovation reaches a crescendo . . . won't matter a damn, least of all to Jarryd, if his team gets flogged every week

I'll love every minute of it, a giggle at the Yanks and only have to sit through a few minutes on Tube . . . be like having a piss in the shower

Jarryd does care if his team gets flogged every week. See his recent interview after the Arizona Cardinals game.

Also if his team gets flogged every week then he will never play in a Super Bowl.

Brutus

Referee
I'm enjoying keeping up with his progress on the Fox Sports live update site. If anything decent happens they post little highlights.

Can't sit through a full game of the tripe.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I just record it and watch the actual game, fast forward is my friend.

Red Zone works for me too.

big hit!

Bench
Yeah this is correct. The only change to this is certain teams would have to go to the West Coast twice a year, which they avoid, so they change the draw a little bit for the matches where you play the team that finished the same place in their division the previous year.

:lol:

By promoting and marketing Jarryd Hayne for so many years, and then allowing him to pursue his dream in the USA NFL, the Parramatta Eels clubs has proven itself worthy of a place in the National Rugby League.

I say this despite the fact that the former Chairman Cocker Spagnolo has done his best to bring the club down to his own level in the moral gutter.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Anthony Mundine explains why he’s better than Jarryd Hayne

ANTHONY Mundine has never been shy about stacking his sporting resume up against any athlete in Australian history.

As recently as April this year, the former rugby league star and multiple world boxing titleist told The Daily Telegraph he deserved to be ranked ahead of dual sport stars like Dick Thornett, Mike Cleary, Keith Miller and Ray Lindwall.

“With respect to them all, I think I’m the best,” Mundine said. “No one has walked my walk.

“There’s no man that has done what I’ve done and crossed over sports like I have.

“I was one of finest players in rugby league. I left in my prime at 24 and switched to boxing.

“We’re talking about the hardest gladiatorial sport on the planet. There’s the science and artistry. It’s not easy man.

“I won three world titles in descending weight divisions. I started from scratch but beat fighters who had long amateur careers and had been the Olympics.”

But now there’s a new kid on the block threatening to challenge Mundine’s claim to the throne — rugby league star turned NFL player Jarryd Hayne. And “Choc” has been quick to dismiss him as well.

“Like I said, no one’s achieved or done half of the stuff I’ve done,” Mundine said in an interview posted to the Facebook page of The Locker Room.

“If you do your research, you’ll see that. I will never get the credit or just due that ... I’m the best athlete ever produced to come out of this country, ever. There’s no one (who has) walked my walk.

“All the hype that Jarryd — I’m not a hater ... I’m a positive dude and send positive vibes and Jarryd Hayne, what he’s doing is magnificent.

“But I’ve done so much more in so much of a harder sport. To switch from a team to an individual sport as boxing. And he’s going from a team to team. He’s doing well, but it’s gonna be hard.”

Hayne has captured the imagination of the country with his daring move to pursue his dream of playing American football.

Given he’s just three games into his NFL career it’s way too early to compare his achievements in the US to what Mundine has achieved in the boxing ring.

But it’s fair to say he begins any discussion on who is the greater athlete with a fair headstart on Mundine for what he achieved in rugby league.

Twice a Dally M medallist, Hayne enjoyed a sterling career at club, State of Origin and international level after debuting for Parramatta in 2006.

Mundine, the current WBC Silver super welterweight titleholder whose next fight is against American Charles Hatley in Melbourne on November 11, also played State of Origin before quitting halfway through the 2000 season to take up boxing.

ANTHONY MUNDINE

Rugby league

NRL career: 116 games for St George Illawarra, 56 tries, 11 games for Brisbane, 3 tries

Representative career: Origin (NSW): 3 matches, 1 try

Boxing

Record: 53 fights, 47 wins (27 KOs), six losses

World titles won: WBA Super Middleweight (twice), IBO World Middleweight, WBA Light Middleweight

JARRYD HAYNE

Rugby league

NRL career: 176 games for Parramatta, 103 tries Representative career: Origin (NSW): 20 matches, nine tries. Australia: 12 matches, 11 tries. Fiji: 4 matches, 3 tries

NFL career: 3 games for San Francisco

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...h-nrl-club-named/story-fni3fbgz-1227548654151

JJ

Immortal
Gotta love "The Man" :lol:

In league, no comparison Hayne is streets ahead... but like it or not, Mundine's boxing career has been very good