What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What if Jarryd Hayne doesn't make the 49ers cut? Will he return to the NRL?

incomparable

Juniors
He wasn't given a fair crack, judged more harshly then all other NFL players, I watched a lot of games and some players have been turd for 13 games and still certain starters for next week.

It's quite obvious why you have no credibility on this forum. You have no idea about the NFL and no idea about proper grammar. Hayne is a below average NFL player. Nothing more than that.

Pommy

Coach
Fox are reporting Hayne could be playing in the Australian legends 11 to face the Liverpool legends next month at ANZ.
Guess we can see if he's shit in another code of football at least.

it takes about 2 yrs for your brain to get used to playing rugby union from Rugby League. I would guess that it's the same when transferring to American Football.

DC_fan

Coach
If I was Hayne I would not be playing in this soccer game. He would be asking to be injured and his NFL career could forever be derailed.

BranVan3000

Coach
Or you know, maybe the coach wants him to become a well rounded player who can compete at the NFL level before throwing him back in. Coaching is not just about going for desperation moves, in this case it seems the coach is playing the long game and making sure Hayne will have an impact when he is reintroduced - probably next year

--Storm--

Juniors
It's quite obvious why you have no credibility on this forum. You have no idea about the NFL and no idea about proper grammar. Hayne is a below average NFL player. Nothing more than that.

f**k off asshole, average player that dominated the pre season and would have dominated the regular season if given the opportunity, he had 8 runs at RB FFS and contributed to 1 sack in the most sacked team in the comp.. Scape goat.

I'm sick of merkins like you, meet me at the aquarium and say what you think to my face you keyboard warrior.

ACTPanthers

Bench
f**k off asshole, average player that dominated the pre season and would have dominated the regular season if given the opportunity, he had 8 runs at RB FFS and contributed to 1 sack in the most sacked team in the comp.. Scape goat.

I'm sick of merkins like you, meet me at the aquarium and say what you think to my face you keyboard warrior.

:lol: Overreacting at it's finest

Calling someone a "keyboard warrior" while acting tough on a forum... Priceless

emesssea

Juniors

He wasn't scape goated, he just wasn't very good at one of the more important aspects of his job: holding onto the ball.

NFL history is filled with average players and teams that dominate the preseason and suck it up in the regular season, why? Because its the preseason. Believe me I would know, I grew up a Redskins fan.

nick87

Coach
He wasn't scape goated, he just wasn't very good at one of the more important aspects of his job: holding onto the ball.

NFL history is filled with average players and teams that dominate the preseason and suck it up in the regular season, why? Because its the preseason. Believe me I would know, I grew up a Redskins fan.

Exactly
It's not rue coach, and it's not Baalke either
It's that he just isn't good enough right now to be on a roster. They'll give him a future reserves contract come seasons end and he should be poised to make a much better go at things in the 2016-17 season

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hayne PRs/Fumb: 8/3 = fumbles 37.5% of returns
Ellington PRs/Fumb: 18/3 = fumbles 16.6% of returns

'But Hayne is a better runner of the ball!'

Hayne PR avg yards - 9.5
Ellington PR avg yards - 7.6

So yes, the 49ers should risk 21% greater risk of giving the opposition the ball in scoring position, based on an extra 2 yards a return...... & doesn't know how to block

mxlegend99

Referee
None of Haynes mistakes led to points against them though did they? While one of the fumbles Ellington made did.

Also how many TDs were scored off the back of plays from each player? Considering 49ers are the worst offensive team in the comp. A play that leads to a TD is a big deal. Then breal that down into a percentage against how many chances they got.

Go and check out the 49ers forum to see what they want. Hayne comes with a touch more risk. Probably because it's his first year ever playing the game. But he also has bigger plays in him. he is only ever going to improve with experience. It's not like 49ers are doing better without him. Or like they have anything to lose by playing him. They can even write him off for good if they play him and aren't happy.

I've written him off by the way. i think if he was in the NFL all this time he would have cut mistakes down and been a solid player. But without real game experience to learn from. I doubt he would have made much progress on the PS. So when/if he does get a run. They likely drop him again for no improvement.

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep. A rookie made 3 unique mistakes and his team were fortunate not to let those mistakes cost them. 3 lessons learned without his team paying for it.

His first was a take he should never have attempted. But it was for his first ever touch in a game.
His second was his own teammate hitting him after he called for a fair catch. Even if he left it late to make the call... his teammate would be making contact with him when he tried to run anyway.
His third was stripped after beating a few defenders.

Hasn't made the same mistake twice yet either. If he is learning from each mistake then that's still a step up on his teammates. Who just seem to get worse each week. Apparently it's only a sin for Hayne to fumble or miss a tackle because he has no NFL background. The guys playing the game their whole lives can do the same thing and it's ok.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
A lot of coaches are pretty conservative, especially under pressure. As far as they're concerned Hayne hasn't got enough of a track record to be able to judge the likelihood of making further mistakes, and hasn't made even one really big play which could be seen to offset his riskiness.

What the coaches have seen in Hayne is poor ball control in real games and a couple of mistakes that nobody else with college experience would make. Their alternatives are below average in NFL terms, also prone to mistakes, but generally more predictable players. We see NRL coaches make the same sort of conservative choices all the time.

If anybody is pleading for special case treatment it's Hayne's fans.