What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

If this report from Riccio is accurate its a giant FU to the NRL , could be our worst fears realised if Baird agrees.

The two biggest winners would be Roosters & Parra.

Essentially $800m spent at Moore park for a Roosters home ground , that's all Rugby league will get out of the biggest spend.

Our GF & SOO will be hosted in a compromised venue.

Let's hope Baird doesn't agree.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Thanks Jonno

This worries me a touch , the clubs need to demand ANZ is done first.

Governments change and it could easily be scrapped by a future govt.

Plus why is it just describing ANZ as a "closed roof stadium"? Wheres the rectangle description?

To me this looks like Ayres saying he'll do what he wants & doesnt need the NRL.

NRL & clubs need to get to Baird.

Threaten to take the GF & SOO away if necessary.

Mate it looks like a poor write up by the journo.

Its says 75k which is the reduction needed to make it rectangular but its says nothing of rebuilding the bottom bowl which is the most important part.

Looks like Ayres is willing to put his head on a chopping block for his mates at the SCG Trust, i hope he knows what he is doing.

Clover Moore has already said she would block any attempt at taking land from Centennial park.

Stuart Ayres MP needs to answer the real question most of Sydney is waiting to hear the answer to: where do you intend to build a totally unnecessary 55,000-seat stadium at Moore Park? If he intends to rape Sydney of its precious parklands and Kippax Lake to keep his mates on the SCG Trust happy, he is finished as a politician and will lead to his Government losing the next State election. Remember, this is the Member for Penrith we are talking about, doing a deal with the devil in the all-powerful SCG Trust, to build a stadium that no one else wants. #SaveMoorePark #TrojanHorse
This blokes comment on the article is spot on, If the premier goes for this idea he is finished as a poly in Sydney.

You Penrith people voted this scum bucket in, you must be proud..;-)

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
What a horribly written article. Is what was posted here the real article. Was he drunk? The whole start with a story about a family who want a roof and end of the same note just felt so weird and out of place. Sounded more like a C+ year 9 English exam piece of writing.

JonnoM

Juniors
There is only 1 redevelopment plan submitted by ANZ Stadium

75,000 Capacity
Permanent rectangular Stadium
Retractable roof
Renderings as per what we have seen

The article is poorly written

unforgiven

Bench
There is only 1 redevelopment plan submitted by ANZ Stadium

75,000 Capacity
Permanent rectangular Stadium
Retractable roof
Renderings as per what we have seen

The article is poorly written

My understanding from the article is they will do all 3 grounds to levels proposed. This seems like a win to me.

pHyR3

Juniors
4 would be way too much.

I think a best case is

Parra
Roosters
Dogs
Souths
11 each, for 44 games

min 3 rep games a year (1-2 origin + 1-2 tests)
approx 5 finals (depends on results but a reasonably safe estimate)

brings us to 52 games.

So we need 13 games between the remaining 5 clubs.
Wests and Saints 4 each
Penrith 3
Cronulla 1
Manly 1

as a tigers fan, im pretty sure we'll be taking 6-8 games to ANZ if they go through with the upgrade.

im more than happy to see 8 games at a rectangular, roofed ANZ with good transport. makes my life a million times easier than a 1.5hr train to campbo or 1hr to leichardt to sit on the hill.

that should make it:

8 Tigers
2 Saints
2 Penrith
1 Cronulla
1 Manly

Red Bear

Referee
I agree, not every game needs to be about families attending. Young adult males form the core of support for aoccer in europe and i beleive in australia we need to harness that to build attendances as families will always have reasons not to attend.

Would sharks and dragons fans turn up at moore park twice a year the derby with both members getting access? Or maybe the alternative could be to rotate the moore park game each year so one of the suburban grounds still gets the derby each season.
Should never have left the SFS for Kogarah, IMO. Squandered consistent quality teams from early 00's - end of Bennett area. They could've stuck 6-7 games SFS, 5-6 games Wollongong and maintained the multi region joint venture whilst cashing in on crowd attendance and corporate opportunities.

They're a side with the support base (when winning) to justify many games at bigger grounds.

Now they are already at 8 games in Sydney, 4 in wollongong, with potential to shift the ratio even worse if they increase their commitment to any new ground.

BlueandGold

Juniors
My understanding from the article is they will do all 3 grounds to levels proposed. This seems like a win to me.

I especially like the part about the ARU/FFA also helping with this 100 point content plan. :D

I have been thinking why is it only the NRL getting hounded for content..

unforgiven

Bench
I especially like the part about the ARU/FFA also helping with this 100 point content plan. :D

I have been thinking why is it only the NRL getting hounded for content..

Yes that actually makes a huge difference because even just including Wanderers and Sydney FC regular season games adds 26 games. Add Waratahs and wallabies games and the NRL will be looking for much less than the 65 games they were asked for.

T-Boon

Coach
The only part I don't like is the ten year build - this has change of plan written all over it. ANZ should be done first. It is the most in demand and most urgent.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Thanks Jonno

This worries me a touch , the clubs need to demand ANZ is done first.

Governments change and it could easily be scrapped by a future govt.

Plus why is it just describing ANZ as a "closed roof stadium"? Wheres the rectangle description?

To me this looks like Ayres saying he'll do what he wants & doesnt need the NRL.

NRL & clubs need to get to Baird.

Threaten to take the GF & SOO away if necessary.

The reduced capacity seems to imply it being modified to a rectangular ground but it would have been nice to see it clarified. Seems to me that ayers has caved to the clubs and realised that ANZ has to be reconfigured.

Either way a new build at moore park partially on centennial trust land will never get approval so in the end the SFS will be renovated where it stands or knockdd down for a rebuild. Labour have backed the funding going out west so if anything a change of hovernment may accelerate olympic parks refurb

The reduced capacity seems to imply it being modified to a rectangular ground but it would have been nice to see it clarified. Seems to me that ayers has caved to the clubs and realised that ANZ has to be reconfigured.

Either way a new build at moore park partially on centennial trust land will never get approval so in the end the SFS will be renovated where it stands or knockdd down for a rebuild. Labour have backed the funding going out west so if anything a change of hovernment may accelerate olympic parks refurb

Good points.

Have read the business case for Moore park goes totally out the window if they can't build on the centennial parklands site.

They're in for an absolute shit fight if they go ahead with that idea.

T-Boon

Coach
Pump it all into ANZ. Make it the best rectangular stadium on the planet (jumbotron to match cowboys stadium).

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Today I say f**k you Perth Red......................Have you even been to game? You seem a Victorian.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Looks like I have another new fan lol. Victorian, what are you twelve?

Well if new govt is willing to find that sort of money then three new stadiums: club size, medium and large seems a good win for centralised Sydney clubs and NRL.

Latest posts