What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Salary Cap MK III

Status
Not open for further replies.

hindy111

Post Whore
thought you were off to follow penrith :sarcasm:

The thing is when i follow penrith its easy cause if they lose it doesn't upset me. In the same way when they win as much as i enjoy it i do not get the same rush as when Parra do.

I guess Parra is the drug for me. Penrith is more like Valium :p

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hey Ron what makes it worse is i go for Phili.

We just signed what i think is a bust QB and paid the earth for him.Then drafted a bunch of ex crims who are high risk and know one wanted.

Mate all I will say is that you guys are on par with the Browns as worst run place atm. You needed a new qb as Bradford is tripe, but could've gotten someone in the 2nd or 3rd Rd

jason taylor

Bench
Why are people so keen to get rid of Peats? He's a good player, and our long term starting hooker. But no, yeah, let's dump him in favour of his 40 year old backup...

I like Peats, but I think we could still be competitive for the remainder of the year with a hooker rotation of De Gois and Pritchard. The only issue would be next season as I doubt De Gois will go around one more time. So you're right, it would be a short sighted move that would hurt us long term.

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate all I will say is that you guys are on par with the Browns as worst run place atm. You needed a new qb as Bradford is tripe, but could've gotten someone in the 2nd or 3rd Rd

Is there any hope Wentz would be good? I jsut cant imagine a guy who is 23 and only played 24 games in a weak college divison being good

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Morgan would be more likely on 300-350k imo.

There are top 17 players on less than $200k. There is no way we would be paying a backup $300k. In fact if Morgan was on that much then we would have him in the top 17 and not sign Jennings.

Oh great, another dumb f**k tradie wanting to run a club.

And what's the bet the moron members will fall over themselves to vote him in cause he's an ex eel like they always do.

How dare you call him a "tradie"

I will have you know he drives buses on the Gold Coast and is a bloody fine bus driver.

Not his fault if your board throws the club under his bus

El Diablo

Post Whore
Greenberg just told Kent he is sure no other club is cheating the cap lol

he also avoided his question about the Broncos investigation

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Is there any hope Wentz would be good? I jsut cant imagine a guy who is 23 and only played 24 games in a weak college divison being good

Yeah I think he can be, but don't expect miracles next season, I think he may struggle in first year, but you gave up a lot to get him.

On another note, thst bills draft was sensational.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Paul Kent said this the other day about Watmerkin

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...g/news-story/1c49ab5bd30fe893acda4157c32f6335

I wonder what he meant about poor clubs ? I thought we all were on the same salary cap with no one club having advantage over the other ?

It means that whether insurance pays out or not, the player doesn't count under the cap if he retired.

The poor clubs still have to worry about the cost ($$$) whereas rich clubs can afford to pay it if insurance won't, since the problem for rich clubs isn't that they don't have enough money to pay players, but rather how to funnel it to players outside the restrictions of the salary cap.

Delboy

First Grade
Fingers crossed that Sharp et al took out the injunction so they can finalise the player roster, not that I trust DA to do that. Think they got 5 days injunction, and the club has 10 days to reorganise the cap

Anyway, keep Fitzy away from our club

More importantly from my perspective is that the CEO stated at the AGM that we were cap compliant in 2016, that's what I want cleared up. Why the heck did he say that, was he told by perhaps th football dept or just prepared to barefaced lie ��

It does because without cheating you can't assemble a competitive team.

You think we cheated for the fun of it? We cheated because it was the only way to get enough TPAs together to build a strong squad.

You remind me of a bleeding hemroid. Your pals are out and good riddance!!

#goodgovernance

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah I think he can be, but don't expect miracles next season, I think he may struggle in first year, but you gave up a lot to get him.

On another note, thst bills draft was sensational.

I think the browns went smart. Pick up and build a team from scratch.It will take a few years but done properly.

I love what the Jaguars did to. But i hope your bills top group. We did sign one of your players in the free. I hope he works out.

pedge

Juniors
You remind me of a bleeding hemroid. Your pals are out and good riddance!!

#goodgovernance

You say your upset but I would suggest otherwise
You sound pretty down right chuffed to me
Good to see you dont let your personal agendas get in the way either ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think the browns went smart. Pick up and build a team from scratch.It will take a few years but done properly.

I love what the Jaguars did to. But i hope your bills top group. We did sign one of your players in the free. I hope he works out.

Your Best Buy was your new dc. Guy is great, wish we still had him. Your d will be much improved under him, trust me on that.

Delboy

First Grade
Greenberg just told Kent he is sure no other club is cheating the cap lol

he also avoided his question about the Broncos investigation

Sure, and Miranda Kerr is cooking my dinner naked tonight

About as much chance :crazy::D

Status
Not open for further replies.