What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Saint Doc

Coach
Whilst I am a traditionalist and would love the two stripe shorts, the best compliment I can give the shorts is that even as a jersey nerd...I didn't actually notice the shorts until mentioned on here. Where as I couldn't stop noticing the horrid chevron shorts

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
That au Jersey was so sweet looking

And yes 2 stripe shorts are needed to come back

Did arlc decide to do this , or did holden pull out of sponsorship ?

Nuke

Staff member
Of those potential Cronulla 50yrs logos, 'D' is my favourite.

Regarding the Australian kit tonight...
Jersey: Unsponsored, perfect. Maybe include players surnames above their number on the back, but it's not important.
Shorts: Much better than the double-chevron ones of recent years. A vast improvement, however the old-school double stripe needs to come back. It just works. I do like the gold Kangaroo-with-Southern-Cross that features on the right side of the shorts, so perhaps have them incorporated into the shorts (with the double line).
Socks: Along with the jersey, these are about as close to perfect.

That Australian polo / training shirt though... :/

GAZF

First Grade
Of those potential Cronulla 50yrs logos, 'D' is my favourite.

Regarding the Australian kit tonight...
Jersey: Unsponsored, perfect. Maybe include players surnames above their number on the back, but it's not important.
Shorts: Much better than the double-chevron ones of recent years. A vast improvement, however the old-school double stripe needs to come back. It just works. I do like the gold Kangaroo-with-Southern-Cross that features on the right side of the shorts, so perhaps have them incorporated into the shorts (with the double line).
Socks: Along with the jersey, these are about as close to perfect.

That Australian polo / training shirt though... :/

The jersey looked great. Can't ask for more really.

I prefer the gold socks with green hoops as a point of contrast to the Kiwis black socks with white hoops (every bit counts).

Didn't like the shorts. Like the double V, the roo shouldn't be used as a recurring element. Keep it to where it belongs, on the logo and coa. Not a fan of the southern cross either, feels more like a cricket/rugby thing. A single or double gold stripe would have done the trick. Or this:
2015_Aus-Kangaroos_Primary_Other-Detail-e1462575545492.jpg

The reality is the NRL couldn't sell a single sponsorship for the national team. Yes it made for a better looking jersey but how f**king useless is the admin? The NZRL is run by two blokes out of the back of a station wagon and they had multiple sponsors for the Kiwis. Remember how the arlc were going to improve the corporate and commercial side of the game because they're business people? What a joke. I suppose the fact they've told the world this fixture is unwanted and the Kangaroo brand is now an off season non-event helps. f**king incompetent.

The Marshall

Juniors
You would have to say when Canterbury stick to a traditional designs they are easily the number one manufacturer. That Kangaroo jersey is perfect and this follows what they have done with the Dogs. Granted when they get away from the traditional designs its a car wreck but when they get it right they really get it right. I would hate the see what Classic or ISC would be doing with the Roo's gear.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
If was from lack of sponsors, its a great time, for ARL to come out and say jersey is sacrosanct and will never have a sponsor again,,

Give it 3 years, and you will have companies falling over selves to buy the space...

We always want what we cant have...

To be fair, Pirtek probably only paid for a full tank of fuel for said station wagon to secure front and centre jersey position

Maybe. But that's better than nothing. It makes the Aussie team look like the pathetic after thought it is. The arlc has done nothing but shit on the kangaroos brand since it started. Last year they played the fewest games since the mid 80s, they've f**ked with the design of the uniform, they've f**ked with the logos, in future they will play zero games during the actual season, meaning about 30% less people will see them play, we've had the radradra debacle and now they can't even be bothered finding a sponsor or two for them. It's embarrassing for the whole sport that arguably the most iconic team and brand in the game globally is treated like shit by the people who are supposed to be running, developing and promoting the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The reality is the NRL couldn't sell a single sponsorship for the national team. Yes it made for a better looking jersey but how f**king useless is the admin? The NZRL is run by two blokes out of the back of a station wagon and they had multiple sponsors for the Kiwis. Remember how the arlc were going to improve the corporate and commercial side of the game because they're business people? What a joke. I suppose the fact they've told the world this fixture is unwanted and the Kangaroo brand is now an off season non-event helps. f**king incompetent.

Wonderful speculation :lol:

How does it fit with the 'strategy' of only playing in the off season when about 400,000 less people will watch them in Australia?

Yeah I can see companies falling over themselves to pay for even less exposure than they'd get now.

Latest posts