What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

redVinme

Bench
Honestly looked like they hadn't even trained together. So disjointed in Attack. No voice from Moylan RE taking control of the deep kicking game. Walker as we all expected was completely pointless and the only positive is he can't be given another chance. Reynolds long boot completely nullified. Fifita with good carries followed by attempting to milk penalties, Farah again with terrible options. Positives I guess Maloney did pretty well at times. I was surprised by cordner looked a lot better as a starter. The Tamou to lock thing was so dumb it hurts though. Qld were honestly the better of two terrible performances.

Valheru

Coach
I thought moylan was good despite a couple of errors. Hard to judge the 2-5, they had very few opportunities. Maloney was solid, reynolds was rubbish. Forwards were solid with cordner being immense and jackson great in defence.

T-Boon

Coach
QLD are an old and average team now doing enough to beat a weak NSW team. God NSW football is shit. How it got to this is beyond me. Does Daley have the capacity in his dumb head to try something at suncorp. Laurie, dude, we don't win playing origin brand football. Try something new, give up on arm wrestling Qld. Surprise them. Throw it around.

drago brelli

Bench
We have to make things happen up at Lang Park: Dugan Mansour Lulia Jennings Roberts Moylan Maloney Graham Cordner Gallen Klemmer Farah Tamou........J Bird Fifita Cartwright Boyd

Last edited:

1qaz

Juniors
Well, QLD have a weakness. Dane Gagai should be targeted by our kicking game and pounded each and every time he attempts to return the ball. There should not be a run he makes where he gains any territory. None. He's a very poor defender as well so plenty must be aimed down his side. Surely Laurie knows this and it will be a huge part of the game strategy.

Hi Spot On.
How did your game plan go :lol:

MacDougall

First Grade
Moylan is a far better bench utility. Tedesco fb and Moylan can cover every backline pos plus hooker as a benchie. Mansour was really good too. Also need Cartwright.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Cordner proved me wrong. Jackson didn't. f**k him off for Wade Graham, and ffs start with Bird at lock, not Tamou. And piss Walker off for anyone at all.

Clifferd

Coach
Yep Moylan or Bird would be the perfect players you could utilise. Watch a highlights package of Tedesco and tell me he isn't built for the origin arena ...he must be in and around there somewhere, sorry Coote

TheFrog

Coach
We have to make things happen up at Lang Park: Dugan Mansour Lulia Jennings Roberts Moylan Maloney Graham Cordner Gallen Klemmer Farah Tamou........J Bird Fifita Cartwright Boyd

Dugan is out for 8 weeks.

I don't think there will be many changes. Bring in Cartwright, Graham or Merrin for Walker, that's about it.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Josh Jackson and Dylan Walker need the arse.

I'd bring in Luke Lewis and Bryce Cartwright

Josh Morris was average, bring in James Roberts.

Adam Reynolds needs to get his shit together, he's better than what he displayed tonight. Maloney went good.

The kicking game from both sides tonight was shit, but NSW was worse. And the last tackle options again were shithouse. Perhaps its time to consider a new coach for NSW. I don't think Daley is all that good. A series win over QLD minus Cronk (and with Daily Catastrophe Everywhere in his place) isn't really that great afterall it seems.

Haffa

Shit. Will have to rewatch. I thought Jackson did well chopped people down and his hit ups were decent. Cords was nowhere. I'd stick with Moylan and replace Walker.

McNulty

Juniors
Jackson is first picked for nsw. Was our best.
Morris crap
Farah or worst. Killed or attack. Looked last out there.
Walker on par with farah

A few of our boys didn't look fit enough tonight especially now that the Blues have some new players. Taking them lightly at Suncorp will be a big mistake but Walters should be able to get the job done.
Big difference was Reynolds and Moylan, they should be a part of the Blues for some considerable time.
If I was coaching the Blues I wouldn't change the team at all and use Reynolds kicking game a lot more whether it's on the 5th tackle or not. He doesn't appear to have any freedom in what he does and is quite predictable whereas JT and Cronk mix things up a lot more.
Keep playing the same game and you will keep getting the same result.

670 tackles, no wonder they were gassed.

Latest posts