What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

phantom eel

First Grade
Why is the Parramatta District's money shitty ?

A dollar is still a dollar

I'm sure you'd take it.
From high flying Jarryd's perspective... he woouldn't want to be tied down to a sausage sizzle at Parra Mitsubishi on weekends to earn $20K - he's part of the latte set, and has well and truly left his roots behind!

Wouldn't be surprised to see Hillsong give him a healthy TPA to spruik a new church up that way - much more attractive to Hayne than hanging out in Parra.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Avenger is correct with his info, seems obvious that the NRL have influenced the decision given their comments on Hayne and his manager needing to confirm payments made at the Eels

Sweep all this under the carpet , release pressure on the NRL, f**k Parramatta , they will survive. How obvious is it, the CEO remains protected by the political influences at a few clubs

Sports commentator on the ABC just suggesting that the NRL may have used not only their influence but their marquee player allowance to get Hayne to the Tits.

phantom eel

First Grade
Agreeing with Bart anytime hurts, at least he was wrong about him going to Yawnion.
Only because his manager f**ked up and disqualified Hayne from Wallabies money by letting him rn out for four mins with Fiji Union 7s - what a derp move that proved to be!

Did anyone ever really think it was about anything else? He would have been the highest paid player in the NRL ever since late 2009. We were desperate enough to ensure it.
It's not as though we offered him just a little bit less though, is it? Compared to their offer, ours was comparatively insulting.

phantom eel

First Grade
If he is at the 10.30am presser I want to hear him talk to Parra fans. Explain why he chose them and not us.

Depending on what he says will determine how I feel about him moving forward.
What could he possibly say about his choices and conduct that would make him not a shit human being?

Happy MEel

First Grade
It will never happen but Cronk would actually make sense for a couple of years. He's still an Origin quality halfback with an exceptional kicking game. He's not going to decline that significantly in the next two years.

It also doesn't block a pathway for a Dargan or Doolan in a few years time. Having Cronk around to mentor them could only be a good thing.

Incorrect

Coach
I love NFL, so I can't agree with you there.

I did not buy a jersey cause I support an NFL team already.

I know Korny... just trying to shed a little mirth around these parts on a miserable morning....

To the matter at hand, whilst there would have been a certain romance to Hayne coming back to the Eels and looking to take care of some unfinished business, his addition alone would not have turned us in to a premiership force enxt year IMO. We were, and still are missing some other ingredients. To be honest, it has probably been said ad nauseum, but if we still had Peats and Paulo in 2017, and added someone like Hastings (or Reynolds!) at 7, with Gutherson at FB, I reckon that could have served us better than getting Hayne back.

If I were BA - I's be trying to get Paul Vaughan for prop, Hastings or that Cullen kid from GC (Reynolds is likely out of the equation) and Segeyaro... it's not a marquee spine but it has potential and age on its side.

1. Gutho
6. Norman
7. Hastings/Reynolds/Cullen
9. Segeyaro

Oscarman

Juniors
Sports commentator on the ABC just suggesting that the NRL may have used not only their influence but their marquee player allowance to get Hayne to the Tits.
Don't believe that for a minute. They probably used our marquee allowance as well.

IFR33K

Coach

Just like they helped us snare Izzy....

As El D would say, grant and Greenberg are blowing each other as we speak.

The agenda against the eels is mind blowing. Whoever thinks there isn't an agenda needs to wake up.

We will never win a gf or be a powerhouse under the current admin.

ash411

Bench
Avenger is correct with his info, seems obvious that the NRL have influenced the decision given their comments on Hayne and his manager needing to confirm payments made at the Eels

Sweep all this under the carpet , release pressure on the NRL, f**k Parramatta , they will survive. How obvious is it, the CEO remains protected by the political influences at a few clubs
Look, it's really simple.

If I had $833K in one hand, and $1.2M in the other, I know which one I'd take.

There's no great conspiracy here, the Titans offered Hayne more money than we did (or wanted to I guess), so he went with them. Pretty simple.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NRL helped pave the way for the Tits in some fashion, having Hayne there will help the club massively over the next two years, and they need it too.

But don't confuse helping the Titans with hurting Parra.

Stop playing the victim, we need to lose this "everyone's against us, just because all we did was cheat for 3 years" bullshit attitude. Not every decision Greenberg makes is part of a plan to destroy Parra.

phantom eel

First Grade
So this is the way I see it -

I love all parra fans - Its a life time agreement =

come and follow me to san fran and buy all my merchandise and support me guys so I can collect the $$$

He fooled us all.
Yep, many Parra fans were sucked in by this charlatan.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Jackson Hastings is not expected to be at the Roosters next season despite having a year to run on his contract.

So where will the young half end up?

He’s been linked with a return to St George Illawarra but there are whispers he could move to Parramatta.

With Corey Norman expected to remain at the Eels long term, the club still needs a half to replace Kieran Foran.

Roosters coach Trent Robinson has made no secret that Hastings is unlikely to be at the club next year with the Eels emerging as a possible home.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...ocial&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=FoxNRL

I reckon BA is already targeting players he wants to strength our squad. Just like last year when we all agreed we needed another back and signed Gutherson / Jennings during the offseason. BA is a smart dude!'

Latest posts