What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne signs with Gold Coast

Snappy

Coach
ECT on his high horse again. I help run a RL club dont you know. I know all the rules bla bla bla

You had the same argument last week and nothing has changed. We get that you dont agree with it but it's done so just deal with it ffs

mxlegend99

Referee
For f**ks sake, this is about the clearance rules. Not contract rules.

The majority of players who play the sport never sign a contract, but they still need a clearance to switch clubs.

You can tell all the NRL centric fans who know nothing about the sport outside of first grade.
How about you post a link to something that backs up this ass backwards theory of yours.

It makes no sense at all for a former club to need to give clearance for a player to sign with another team when he hasn't been contracted in nearly 2 years.

How about you post a link to something that backs up this ass backwards theory of yours.

It makes no sense at all for a former club to need to give clearance for a player to sign with another team when he hasn't been contracted in nearly 2 years.
Tell that to the NRL. It's their rule that every club and league in Australia has to follow. Go look up the rules.

Snappy

Coach
An explanation was given today by the NRL. Go read it, and accept that they are not going to change the decision because you're having a sook

Someone

Bench
wish him all the best and il be watching the titan a little more closely over the last few rounds and hopefully into the finals.

the titans are hard to hate so i don't really give a shit about him snubbing parra TBH. if it was the dogs or roosters id kick my dog into next year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tell that to the NRL. It's their rule that every club and league in Australia has to follow. Go look up the rules.
How about you find the rule and post a link.. im happy to accept what the CEO has said in regards to him signing after June 30.

Youre the one insisting rules are being broken and since you know so much about this rule you shouldn't have any issue finding it to correct those of us who have never heard of this rule before.

Once you find it you could send it through to the media... they would love a scandal that includes Jarryd Hayne and breaking rules.

NRL National Clearance and Permits Policy

2 a. A clearance is required when a player and match official is moving from one Club/Association to another regardless of whether it is a new season or during a season

And

3 A Clearance may be initiated from the 1 November to 30 June within the same season

------------------------------

He is moving from one club to another. It is after June 30.

Unlike the registration rules there are no clauses allowing for associations to alter these rules.

unforgiven

Bench
I believe it's an absolute farce to allow anyone to sign after June 30.

Has this ever happened before or is a convenient rule just brought in by the NRL to suit themselves.

The administration of the game atm is a joke....Greenberg, please explain!
Ellery Hanley signed 5 mins before the June 30 deadline in 1988. Lol

BuderusIsaBeast

Juniors

Why do you care? It's done. Hayne is a Titan and the rule your so passionate obviously counts for very little because as explained multiple times Hayne is considered a NFL/rugby player

ed-grimley

Bench
It seems he wanted out of Parra. I can't believe the Eels didn't make him an offer - the feeling is there was one but it wasn't enough. Parra has money but aren't able to spend it.
Looks like Peats got the last laugh on the club that gave him the flick.

Why do you care? It's done. Hayne is a Titan and the rule your so passionate obviously counts for very little because as explained multiple times Hayne is considered a NFL/rugby player
Because if the NRL is now saying its own rules are irrelevant there are a lot of ramifications for all levels of the game. Personally I don't care who he plays for. But he should have to follow the rules every other player and every other club in Australia has to follow.

big hit!

Bench
their club is a basket case. parra fans surely didn't think hayne NRL return to parra was guaranteed, did they? blame your board and the cronies who run the club for the mess the club is in, and why Hayne doesn't want to go back.

he did his best..........he'll still run out onto an NRL field in blue and gold.

BM1979

Juniors
Because if the NRL is now saying its own rules are irrelevant there are a lot of ramifications for all levels of the game. Personally I don't care who he plays for. But he should have to follow the rules every other player and every other club in Australia has to follow.

Surely he has already been given clearance to leave Parra when he originally left.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Ya just know Hayne will carve up and knock out teams like the Raiders and Sharks in the finals to spite there fans who haven't had much finals success of late,it's almost a guarantee

Poor Sharks and Raiders fans gonna hate Hayne very soon lol

Card Shark

Immortal
Same people whinging about Hayne's signing are the same ones whinging if Hayne goes to Tiddlywinks instead.

Same people thinking it's ok are ones that think Frizzell should be suspended, Reynolds shouldn't & the double- movement by the Broncos was 1.

The game has always had the June 30 deadline - how can it suddenly be changed.

Stop changing basic, traditional, uniformly accepted rules & practices in the game.

Card Shark

Immortal
Ya just know Hayne will carve up and knock out teams like the Raiders and Sharks in the finals to spite there fans who haven't had much finals success of late,it's almost a guarantee

Poor Sharks and Raiders fans gonna hate Hayne very soon lol

The Titans have to make the 8 first & then they have to win week 1.

I'm not worried about anyone outside the top 4 as they are there for a reason...& we won 15 straight for a reason.

It's not fair for teams competing with the Titans for positions in the bottom of the 8.

nick87

Coach
East Coast Tiger is absolute rare form here

Why would Hayne have to seek clearance from a club he has absolutely no legal obligation to? This is madness