What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

K-Man

Bench
Zero Tackle reporting that Luke Walsh is on our radar/about to sign. Deary me, that would be grim. Walsh and Hodkinson halves pairing... hooooey.

The sad thing is I'd probably take Walsh over Hodkinson just for the slightest chance he'll put someone through a hole, have a run, pull off a kick that resembles an attacking play, look like he gives a toss about being out there ...

Dark times indeed.

Would rather lamb/cogger/pearsall/feeney over walsh

The only logic I can see in this signing would be to bolster our nsw cup side

Apey

Staff member
Did the rumour mill not get the mail about what happened with Tinkler. He isn't still here trying to buy back the farm.

perverse

Referee
I hope we're sniffing around the Warriors with them about to pick up Foran. There's a few out of favour blokes in positions we need down there that I wouldn't mind on the books.

slotmachine

First Grade
Lolohea and/or Matulino will have plenty of interest if released, which pretty much rules us out.

Hopefully Browny can find another Hodgson playing union in france or something.

League_God

Juniors
I honestly don't care if we have to pay overs for Lolohea or Matulino... ffs just sign a prop and a fullback and I'll be happy enough

Glendale

Juniors
Headline in the Dragons forum: 'Dragons cause Paul Vaughan, 8 other clubs included'. Lol. Gonna have to pay overs to even have a remote possibility.

Good news is we apparently have more to spend then anyone else.

I honestly don't care if we have to pay overs for Lolohea or Matulino... ffs just sign a prop and a fullback and I'll be happy enough

Lolohea could be a star under a good coach. He really just needs a solid run of games in the same position, be that fullback or 5/8. However given what he's shown in first grade at fullback so far he'd only be a marginal improvement on what we already have. Not saying I wouldn't jump at the chance to sign him, but he's a guy who needs a lot of work to become a quality fullback, no different to the guys we already have at the club, who also need a lot of work. As a last line of defence he's not better then our current turnstiles and his hands under the high ball are poor. The only thing he would have over Mamo/Gagai/Pete is ball playing ability. Not even convinced he's a fullback. But yeah, I hope we put our hat in the ring for him.

It annoys me that Ross didn't get a single minute of the season at fullback. It seems like we tried all possible combinations except for Ross at the back.

Glendale

Juniors
Jeez Maloney is a handy footy player, we missed a trick there.

Edit, x 100.

How many years do you reckon he has left in him and how many more years has he got for Cronulla?? Would love to get him here if only for just a season. He's a certified winner and would do wonders for our culture.

Noname36

First Grade
It'd never happen but the one I'd absolutely love to sign is Holmes. The kid is classy as f**k and runs like he's a front rower.

Knight Vision

First Grade
How many years do you reckon he has left in him and how many more years has he got for Cronulla?? Would love to get him here if only for just a season. He's a certified winner and would do wonders for our culture.
I read an article on maloney a while back. he chooses which club to go to based on premiership window. Think GF with Warriors, Premiership with Roosters, now Cronulla. No chance of him coming here. The mans a winner and we unfortunately are making loosing an art form.

Nathan Brown just said in an interview before on ABC 1233 that we'll be making a couple of new signings in the next week or two... Didn't say much more after that though.