What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RLWC2017 Media Watch

Raiderdave

First Grade
will the RLWC get a mention on offsiders this morning ?

they spent most of last weeks show talking about the Melbourne cup
& started this week talking about womens cricket lol

seriously ??
anyway , lets see if they mention yesterdays game in Hamilton at all

DIOGENES

Juniors
Offsiders were highly impressed by Kiwis/Tonga and to a lesser degree Australia/Lebanon
Some words used - passion, festival,m breakthrough game

DIOGENES

Juniors
ww.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-league/2017/11/11/rugby-league-world-cup-overshadowed-bar-brawl-bans-drunk-players/
Good things at the end but if players misbehave the press will always report it.

Stallion

First Grade
Fox Sports seem to have an extensive coverage of other code internationals and not of the rugby league world cup. Understand they are not telecasting the world cup, however I would suggest that being extremely popular on free to air tv warrants a decent mention of this world cup. It's beating other code internationals on tv hands down every weekend for the past 3 weeks in Australia.

Last edited:

taipan

Referee
Just saw a repeat of Offsiders.
A decent response from Leach in fact giving the RLWC a decent wrap, he's enjoying it.The female also loved the passion.Even Whately(mr fumble ton) asked whether Tonga's win will have the same effect as Japan winning in ru.
I usually bag the AFLBC,this time I give them kudos.What the hell did I just state LOL.

Jim from Oz

Juniors
In Monday's Terrorgraph in Sydney, among a number of generally very pro-RLWC stories, former RLWC hater Phil Slothfield was absolutely RAVING about Tonga v NZ game …

An example:

"THE spectacular Tonga-New Zealand World Cup game on Saturday was the best advertisement I’ve ever seen for rugby league"

Makes me think he's on something !

DlEHARD

Juniors
In Monday's Terrorgraph in Sydney, among a number of generally very pro-RLWC stories, former RLWC hater Phil Slothfield was absolutely RAVING about Tonga v NZ game …

An example:

"THE spectacular Tonga-New Zealand World Cup game on Saturday was the best advertisement I’ve ever seen for rugby league"

Makes me think he's on something !

He is high on Rugby League.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Fox Sports seem to have an extensive coverage of other code internationals and not of the rugby league world cup. Understand they are not telecasting the world cup, however I would suggest that being extremely popular on free to air tv warrants a decent mention of this world cup. It's beating other code internationals on tv hands down every weekend for the past 3 weeks in Australia.

100% agree - plus it is sport and there is not much sport on at this time of the year. It is their job as a sports channel (and a partner of Rugby League in Australia) to report on what is going on in the sports world

Stallion

First Grade
Half of Nrl360 talked about the world cup which is long overdue. The other half was pretty poor comment on misrepresenting and poorly judging Superleague's influence on the game in Australia. The lack of respect for the games cultural history and significance is mindboggling from Paul Kent! He should know better however he is being paid by Murdoch anyway.

fourplay

Juniors

I was watching Fox Sports on the hour news a few nights ago and it took them 22 minutes before they even mentioned rugby league. They had all of the A-League, "Hybrid rules football", every international soccer match around the planets results, rugby union, and even car racing before they mentioned the RLWC.