What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Complete different origin coaching.

I do believe some player react better under certain coach styles.
Has BA transformed and improved his players? Thats the question really.
If a player hasn't improved are they entirely not to blame? That's the question really.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I watched them all play for the Norths Devils. I also watched Inglis.

They were on a path to greatness before they arrived in Melbourne. Cronk is the possible exception but with his work ethic he would have prospered anywhere.
If the potential of the players wasn't a major factor the Storm wouldn't have spent so much money on scouting and recruiting (i.e. junior 'development'). They would have just plucked half a dozen kids out of the Melbourne local comp and turned them into immortals instead. Bellamy even said when he took over the Storm he knew he had a few future rep players in the squad.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah righto....

We need FIT/powerful forwards like Kane Evans to make room for Hayne..

The team coming last shouldn't try putting their best performed player over the last 3 games and a 2 time Dally M winner in a spot to exert the influence he might be able to in order to win us games.... Carry on....

FMD
He ran for 200+ metres, so I'd say the forwards did a decent job. Or should he have run for 300 metres?

strider

Post Whore
If you don’t think every team’s goal at the start of a season is to at least make the 8 your living in a dreamworld.

Sticky did us a monumental favour with that overhead projector and signed Norman, Peats and Hoppa to play alongside players such as Tonga, Hayne and Mau.
Are you even remotely serious?

Overhead projector left us with a f**kload of f**ked up shit ..... players paid to play elsewhere, players still getting paid to be with us but f**k all interest cos they were told they should f**k off

Naming off contract players in a cleanout like that is a pointless - just dont re-sign them ffs, simple as shit

Naming on contract players like that infront of everyone is so short sighted its beyond stupid .... i remember it reported we played with effectively a 20 man top 25 because so much money was chewed up on players not even playing for us

You are off your rocker if you think projectorgate was good ..... the only good thing ricky did that year was f**k off

You are off your rocker if you think projectorgate was good ..... the only good thing ricky did that year was f**k off

no no ricky left us better off then when he arrived just ask him

p.s. ffs ricky if you are going to cut someone from the team have some balls and tell them face to face don't hide in your office and put their name on a freaking projector like it's a third grade science lesson

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
You seriously think th 2014 team (one which was over the cap) wasn’t good enough to make the finals? That team had Hayne, Radradra, Tonga, Hopoate, Norman, Sandow, Peats, Paulo, Mannah, Gower, Edwards, Mau’u. More than enough quality to make the 8 that year.

Really? While they are good players, radradra, Edwards, Manu, Paulo were all rookies and hadn’t even played a year of NRL or even 5 or so NRL games. Gower wasn’t an NRL regular and was at his 5th or so club while hoppa had just returned from 2 years out of the game. Peats had been playing NSW cup while Norman wasn’t a regular in the halves.

Happy MEel

First Grade
And did we have a team good enough to make the eight in 2014, considering they had just come off two wooden spoons? The 2015 team lost its best player so why would you expect them to go any better? It wasn’t until 2016 that Arthur got the team he wanted and that was torn apart by the cap scandal. Last year was a step backwards (but we still snuck into the top four) and only this year has it all gone wrong.

The question now is if 2018 is Arthur’s fault or is it his problem to fix. None of us here know the answer, but hopefully the current review will find it. And just because they make a decision to keep or sack the coach doesn’t mean they got it right. We will never know.

If we sack the coach but go worse in 2019 it won’t mean that we would’ve gone better if we kept him. Likewise if we keep the coach and make the eight in 2019 it won’t mean we wouldn’t have gone better with a different coach. We will never know. If you want to claim to be logical you need to understand these concepts.
Do you think the players and coaching staff believes they could make the 8 in 2014? I sure as shit hope so. That 2014 team should have been capable of making it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
If we are looking for a half to replace Norman, I reckon Jack Bird would be a good option. Big body that likes to run and wouId allow Moses to be the main half.

Obviously still contract but there are rumours he wants out.

strider

Post Whore
If we are looking for a half to replace Norman, I reckon Jack Bird would be a good option. Big body that likes to run and wouId allow Moses to be the main half.

Obviously still contract but there are rumours he wants out.
How many remaining years does he have on $1m .... i dont know if his bronco $s are transferrable to us

Plus i think as a 5/8th, he's proved himself a talented centre

carson

Juniors
They made Mal Meninga look like a genius for a decade.

Not really, if they did that Meninga would have a NRL coaching job rather than a ceremonial one.

I would say they made Meninga look like less of a drooling moron...but it took 4 potential immortals to do it...

Latest posts