What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Comic Book Film Thread *** SPOILERS ***

shiznit

Coach

This is quite old... I only came about it today.... but it got me thinking...

If Disney/Marvel have to reboot and recast the X-Men who would you have playing these guys....

Going with the xmen characters they chose for the above video... and incase you can’t be f**ked watching the video in brackets is the person they chose.

Professor X (Meryl Streep)
Magneto (Ian McShane)
Cyclops (Justice Smith)
Jean Grey (Emma Stone)
Rouge (Lorde)
Storm (Kiersey Clemens)
Sunfire (Rinko Kikuchi)
Wolverine (Joe Manganielo)

shiznit

Coach
Professor X: I kinda don’t mind the thought of Charles being played by Streep. I think she certainly has the screen presence to play him.

But unfortunately IMO he is far too important of a character to the entire marvel comic universe to be changed like that. It’s actually not that I don’t think a woman could play him...

I just think to change him to a female would just be too much of a change for one of the most iconic characters and will have an unnecessary knock on effect across the MCU. To me it would certainly change the relationship with Magneto and even Mystique.

If they were going to choose Streep they were obviously looking at an older Charles... so going for an older Charles my choice would be Ben Kingsley.

IMO... one of the key things for being Charles Xavier is you have to have that onscreen presence to pull off being a professor... a principal... a wise leader.

And you can’t just throw any A-List name in there and expect them to pull that off believably.

Kingsley has that IMO... he carries young actors well too IMO... Ralph Finnes was another I thought of...

Looking closer to home as in AUS/NZ I reckon Sam Neill wouldn’t be half bad also..,.

shiznit

Coach

Aquaman trailer... pretty awesome IMO... and over 5mins too... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Only slight issue I have... is it too much of a good thing?? Some of the scenes like the rooftop scenes and the scene in that temple with the glowy thingy... I feel like they just showed too much.... you don’t wanna have too much ruined by the trailer IMO...

Frederick

Staff member
So apparently there's another Deadpool movie being released this year...a PG-13 one to be released at the same time as aquaman

Frederick

Staff member

Aquaman trailer... pretty awesome IMO... and over 5mins too... :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Only slight issue I have... is it too much of a good thing?? Some of the scenes like the rooftop scenes and the scene in that temple with the glowy thingy... I feel like they just showed too much.... you don’t wanna have too much ruined by the trailer IMO...
Definitely looks to be the best one that DC have made. Clearly people are still undecided and out off by their previous movies, that'd be why they've released this extended look to try and drum up more interest in it

Storm13

Juniors

That trailer just sold me on this movie.

Parra Pride

Coach
Eddie Brock’s crippling depression and loneliness, coupled with a voice in his head that always wants food or just eggs him on to do stupid shit like jump off buildings was incredibly relatable.

Good movie.

jargan83

Coach
I wasn't going to see Venom but my nephew wanted to see it so I took him over the weekend.

Was expecting a train wreck but actually enjoyed it although it seems as if a lot oif ended up on the cutting room floor, it seemed very rushed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
My life is complete!

Jason Momoa, as Arthur Curry, in his own Aquaman movie!

And, for a DCEU property, it actually looks good!

*squeals in delight, because Aquaman is boss *

shiznit

Coach
So apparently someone leaked a run down of the Avengers 4 Trailer.... it got removed from Reddit which added credence to it.
4004-E4-FD-C1-ED-4-A72-BC38-0-ACC1395-F7-F9.jpg

300412-A3-835-B-4227-9581-D9-C8-C7504730.jpg

D4483-A7-A-5455-4386-90-C9-FDA7-D976-D714.jpg

Latest posts