What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons chase Jarryd Hayne

Crush

Coach
Sign Hayne on a 1 year deal at 600k with an option in the club's favour for a further 2 years at 700k.

Right price for 2019 and only if he performs does the club take up the option. Remember 11 players coming off contract in 2019.
Hayne has asked for a 3-4 year deal with dragons. Dragons have said they will offer him 2 years maximum and won't be bullied into any more than 2 years. They've said take it or leave it.

BLM01

First Grade
P
Millward Mess, give the job to someone who knows how to negotiate. No more jobs for the boys.
Possm you are kidding. Why in the hell would you offer Hayne anymore than 2 years at this age and at this stage of his career when he could be high risk and maintenance, what has he done in the last 6 or so. He is also a bit injury prone now. Millward is showing smarts, I am glad your not doing the job...cause in your eyes...your not practising what your preach!.

possm

Coach
I will call BS 950 + 300 TPA..if that is what you mean. More believable would be 950K incl of TPA. Where do you get that info from Poss?

Millward stated publicly that Hunt's salary was less then 1m. Other reports said Hunt was on a package of 1.2m. Until the NRL come clean and make salary cap and TPA information public, we will always be just guessing anyway.

BLM01

First Grade
Millward stated publicly that Hunt's salary was less then 1m. Other reports said Hunt was on a package of 1.2m. Until the NRL come clean and make salary cap and TPA information public, we will always be just guessing anyway.
True, but they never will, nor should they. It is none of our business.
And the 1.2 has always been media speculation and wishful thinking for their story, because they calculate 6 mill / 5 years = 1.2 a year. They forget the 6th year in his favour and if he takes that will add up to roughly 6 mill. Where do I get my info.....from my local.

Belta

Juniors
Signing Norman doesn’t make sense to me. I can only see Norman at no. 6

So we put Widdop at fullback and ditch Dufty?

We try and trade off Widdop?

The latter could work, but strange option IMO

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Millward is a dope; couldn't negotiate a difficult deal if his life depended on it. Always players at a bargain price who want to play first grade or as with Hunt, pays overs.

Watch Bennett bring in the bacon with a really strong roster.

While I firmly believe Millward is a dud in a recruitment/retention capacity, he is correct in not acquiescening to Hayne’s demand to a three or four year deal.

The bloke is old as Nightingale (who, apparently, played a year too long), so why would you keep an aging player heading towards retirement?

Frank Facer

First Grade
Signing Norman doesn’t make sense to me. I can only see Norman at no. 6

So we put Widdop at fullback and ditch Dufty?

We try and trade off Widdop?

The latter could work, but strange option IMO
Do you remember Norman playing halfback before he got caught with couple of pills or something? He was playing the best footy I have ever seen him play. He was controlling the game very well. That is when he got his 900K year contract too. We were apparently interested in him at the time too. Maybe we were intending to play him halfback, as we already had Widdop. He was also being spoken about, as being Qld's next halfback around the time too. I also heard/read that Moses and Norman were having problems. Maybe Norman preferred playing halfback and being the dominate play maker?

I have suggested the idea of playing Norman halfback and moving Hunt to hooker, but it was just a suggestion. I am fine with Hunt at halfback. I do think Norman would give us a better game manager at halfback. Hunt would also give us more creativity at hooker, but his defence wouldn't be a strong as McInnes.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Were was he at ?

He did an obvious advertisement for a phone repair shop in Wollongong on Instagram, the owner of which is a massive Dragons fan and sponsors Dragons players. The IG page of the store has many examples of dragons players dropping by.

Now he's not at the store, the bloke has come to him (the store offers this service) but the fact it's a Dragons sponsor is interesting

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I dont know about anyone else but this whole Hayne saga is becoming a dog chasing its tail.
Weeks have gone by, and nothing, apart from the occasional crumb thats thrown out, Hayne seems no closer to signing with us than he is to signing with the Terrigal Turkeys.
With most teams already back in training for 2019, Hayne is one that needs to he on the training paddock, now, seeung he hasnt laced up a boot since early september. Thats 2 months ago.
With our main group, who went into week 2 of the finals, returning next monday, if Hayne doesnt want to play for us, then he is already showing, that its just the coin, not the club he is interested in.
If Norman is the real target, at least he is already back to training with a week under his belt with the Eels.
I'm not saying Hayne wont happen, but is it is so then he needs to show me he wants to play for the team from day 1 not parade around like some show pony, just straight into training and putting in 100% effort.
At the moment all i can envisage is a circus that will interruot the other players focus.
Its not what we want or need.

True_Believer

Juniors
True, but they never will, nor should they. It is none of our business.
And the 1.2 has always been media speculation and wishful thinking for their story, because they calculate 6 mill / 5 years = 1.2 a year. They forget the 6th year in his favour and if he takes that will add up to roughly 6 mill. Where do I get my info.....from my local.

Hunt himself also scoffed at the 1.2 mill price tag. Additionally, the apparent 300k of TPA for Hunt is almost 6x the reported TPA for the entire club.

It's easier to just make up numbers to help you build an argument.

Latest posts