What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kangaroos should be playing Great Britain /English Lions in NSW in 2019!

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
So the "awesome " suggests that this match should occur. That's my point! It's not happening and it's a major mistake. The downside is that the Kangaroos are not sighted in prime time on the eastern seaboard of Australia (most of its heartland area). A generation of young people have no idea that The Kangaroos have a longtime rivalry with Grear Britain. Instead the international game is "hidden" with no primetime tv exposure in NSW and Qld. Other codes subsequently gain more international relevance as the traditional rivalry between these two teams is further diminished on rugby league. Newcastle stadium would be sold out if the Kangaroos played Great Britain. Extra scaffolding would be required to cater for the spectators. Yet this massive mistake is non chalantly dismissed as 'whatever'? ! It's a big mistake. The fob off that the Kangaroos wanted to tour in 2019 is not acceptable. Their should be a Kangaroos v LIONS test in Australia (preferably NSW) in 2019. IT'S A SIGNIFICANT MISTAKE FOR INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE!

lol - The Kangaroos are ''hidden'' and a ''generation of young people have no idea that the Kangaroos have a longtime rivalry with Great Britain'' - just lol

Even if your claim is true - your solution is a test in Newcastle, a great RL town absolutely, but it is not one of the major capitals of Australia. Great work! You are a visionary before your time! '

Not that it matters anyway. RL engages with the youth through the NRL and State of Origin. The hardcore fans that it converts will follow the Kangaroos and a quick google search will tell them about the history between the Kangaroos and GB.

Stallion

First Grade
lol - The Kangaroos are ''hidden'' and a ''generation of young people have no idea that the Kangaroos have a longtime rivalry with Great Britain'' - just lol

Even if your claim is true - your solution is a test in Newcastle, a great RL town absolutely, but it is not one of the major capitals of Australia. Great work! You are a visionary before your time! '

Not that it matters anyway. RL engages with the youth through the NRL and State of Origin. The hardcore fans that it converts will follow the Kangaroos and a quick google search will tell them about the history between the Kangaroos and GB.

Newcastle is the 2nd highest populated city in NSW. NSW happens to be the most populated state in Australia. The Newcastle game is very valid and this city has hosted the Kangaroos v Kiwis(2007) with 33000 turning up. (without scaffolding)

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Newcastle is the 2nd highest populated city in NSW. NSW happens to be the most populated state in Australia. The Newcastle game is very valid and this city has hosted the Kangaroos v Kiwis(2007) with 33000 turning up. (without scaffolding)

I agree with everything you posted. But a test in Newcastle won't capture a generation of young people in Kangaroos v GB mania like you claim.

Pommy

Coach
So the "awesome " suggests that this match should occur. That's my point! It's not happening and it's a major mistake. The downside is that the Kangaroos are not sighted in prime time on the eastern seaboard of Australia (most of its heartland area). A generation of young people have no idea that The Kangaroos have a longtime rivalry with Great Britain. Instead the international game is "hidden" with no primetime tv exposure in NSW and Qld. Other codes subsequently gain more international relevance as the traditional rivalry between these two teams is further diminished in rugby league. Newcastle stadium would be sold out if the Kangaroos played Great Britain. Extra scaffolding would be required to cater for the spectators. Yet this massive mistake is non chalantly dismissed as 'whatever'? ! It's a big mistake. The fob off that the Kangaroos wanted to tour in 2019 is not acceptable. Their should be a Kangaroos v LIONS test in Australia (preferably NSW) in 2019. IT'S A SIGNIFICANT MISTAKE FOR INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE!

Calm down.

Springs09

Juniors
So the "awesome " suggests that this match should occur. That's my point! It's not happening and it's a major mistake. The downside is that the Kangaroos are not sighted in prime time on the eastern seaboard of Australia (most of its heartland area). A generation of young people have no idea that The Kangaroos have a longtime rivalry with Great Britain. Instead the international game is "hidden" with no primetime tv exposure in NSW and Qld. Other codes subsequently gain more international relevance as the traditional rivalry between these two teams is further diminished in rugby league. Newcastle stadium would be sold out if the Kangaroos played Great Britain. Extra scaffolding would be required to cater for the spectators. Yet this massive mistake is non chalantly dismissed as 'whatever'? ! It's a big mistake. The fob off that the Kangaroos wanted to tour in 2019 is not acceptable. Their should be a Kangaroos v LIONS test in Australia (preferably NSW) in 2019. IT'S A SIGNIFICANT MISTAKE FOR INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LEAGUE!

Wait, so are you saying, that Great Britain should be playing in Australia next year?

Stallion

First Grade
I agree with everything you posted. But a test in Newcastle won't capture a generation of young people in Kangaroos v GB mania like you claim.

I'm glad you agree. And such a test match would be big not just in Newcastle. The whole eastern seaboard would be watching on TV. It's a massive bonus for the code but unfortunately the NRL missed/lost a great opportunity for the code going forward.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'm glad you agree. And such a test match would be big not just in Newcastle. The whole eastern seaboard would be watching on TV. It's a massive bonus for the code but unfortunately the NRL missed/lost a great opportunity for the code going forward.

It's not going to capture the attention of a generation of youth. You are kidding yourself. It will rate just the same as any test match and then be forgotten once over. In terms of RL, the general public don't know the difference between England and GB. Hell, when GB used to play in the tri-series, the commentators couldn't get it right.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL are sht, of course GB should be playing Kangaroos in at least two games next year. Its an absolute joke on the Australian games part that they are not and to cite commercial concerns as the reason shows just how far the international game has been allowed to sink in this country. Shame on you Greenberg.

Stallion

First Grade
It's not going to capture the attention of a generation of youth. You are kidding yourself. It will rate just the same as any test match and then be forgotten once over. In terms of RL, the general public don't know the difference between England and GB. Hell, when GB used to play in the tri-series, the commentators couldn't get it right.

Are you aware when the Kangaroos are on tv in a prime time tv slot they rate extremely well compared to other football codes?

Stallion

First Grade
Whoa whoa whoa, serious?

Dead set serious. The reasoning behind not staging a Kangaroos v LIONS test in Australia in 2019 is flawed and reeks of a poor feel and reading of the Australian community and international rugby league going forward.

Springs09

Juniors
Dead set serious. The reasoning behind not staging a Kangaroos v LIONS test in Australia in 2019 is flawed and reeks of a poor feel and reading of the Australian community and international rugby league going forward.

I'm still not sure I believe that you really feel this way.

Stallion

First Grade
I'm still not sure I believe that you really feel this way.

I have created this thread with this massive mistake by the NRL in mind. At the moment the touring Lions of the South Pacific are not playing longtime rival, the Australian Kangaroos in Australia in 2019. This is an embarrassment for the code of rugby league.

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
I have created this thread with this massive mistake by the NRL in mind. At the moment the touring Lions of the South Pacific are not playing longtime rival, the Australian Kangaroos in Australia in 2019. This is an embarrassment for the code of rugby league.

Oh so you do really think that? Why are people arguing against you and calling you a moron?

Stallion

First Grade
Oh so you do really think that? Why are people arguing against you and calling you a moron?

Their are ignoramuses everywhere. And you being a peffect example! However valid discourse and others have agreed with the main comment that the Kangaroos should be playing the Lions in Australia in are least one match next year. You are just another rude dummy!

Springs09

Juniors
Their are ignoramuses everywhere. And you being a peffect example! However valid discourse and others have agreed with the main comment that the Kangaroos should be playing the Lions in Australia in are least one match next year. You are just another rude dummy!

Yes I certainly am, are least, a peffect example of a ignoramus

Stallion

First Grade
Yes I certainly am, are least, a peffect example of a ignoramus

Ok. You stay in the "No camp" for seeing the Kangaroos playing an arch rival in Great Britain whom happen to be touring the South Pacific next year! You stick by that and others believe at least one test should have been scheduled. Your stance is negative for the code and the one you dissagree with is positive for rugby league. Work it out. If you are comfortable with that, you are a poor reflection and example of a 'rugby league' fan. You are not alone however you make the cut for the ignoramuses!

Springs09

Juniors
Ok. You stay in the "No camp" for seeing the Kangaroos playing an arch rival in Great Britain whom happen to be touring the South Pacific next year! You stick by that and others believe at least one test should have been scheduled. Your stance is negative for the code and the one you dissagree with is positive for rugby league. Work it out. If you are comfortable with that, you are a poor reflection and example of a 'rugby league' fan. You are not alone however you make the cut for the ignoramuses!

Well, even though I pretty clearly stated earlier in the thread what my position was in regards to Great Britain playing in Australia next year, I'd like to know how you assumed my 'stance' and what exactly makes me a poor example of a rugby league fan?

Also Stallion, tell me what you do for rugby league other than posting incessantly on an internet forum and whinging to people around you?

Stallion

First Grade
Well, even though I pretty clearly stated earlier in the thread what my position was in regards to Great Britain playing in Australia next year, I'd like to know how you assumed my 'stance' and what exactly makes me a poor example of a rugby league fan?

Also Stallion, tell me what you do for rugby league other than posting incessantly on an internet forum and whinging to people around you?

I'm an ex player at a reasonable level. I've coached juniors,assist on a football committee, provide information to local RL development employees with respect to rugby-league participation in schools in the Newcastle area , contact officials at various higher level informing of issues affecting rugby league and tolerate your crap!