What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Barba sacked by Cowboys

super_coach

First Grade
It was a bad time for Barba to f up. Greenberg reputation is in tatters after the GI reference and the Lodge thing last year. Now there is a lot of focus on things that have happened in the past under his leadership at the Dogs. So the NRL spin doctors will be hard at work to lift Greenberg’s stocks before the season starts.

So expects some harsh punishments to be handed out to everyone who comes up against him in the next couple of months. Don’t get me wrong, Barba if guilty needs to be rubbed out, but blokes like Napa are going to get smashed because Todd wants to save his reputation.

The NRL need to act swiftly and make wholesale changes at the commission, starting with Todd. The game is on a massive slide and needs leadership

THE CHAMP

First Grade
The Sharks handled him better than anyone. Clearly he plays his best when allowed to do whatever he wants away from the club. At the broncos he was on a motsa and f**ked it up. Almost understandable. At the cows on a pittance compared to the broncs contract he still f**ks up. Incredible. Also very disappointing as a fan who just wanted to see the merkin play at the top again.

Spade

Juniors
I don't get it Dylan Walker done the same thing but is still playing? Exact same thing, fight with his partner, police become involved and the partner withdrew any complaint.. Barba sacked instantly... Walker to play round 1?

magpie4ever

First Grade
Yes, it's one of the more severe punishments they've dished out.

He has to, in one sitting, read through all 8,850 of your posts...

I must say, you again have shown yourself to be the ultimate dickhead.

Unable to post any post with some sort of logic.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't get it Dylan Walker done the same thing but is still playing? Exact same thing, fight with his partner, police become involved and the partner withdrew any complaint.. Barba sacked instantly... Walker to play round 1?
They would have sat Barba down at contract signing and explained to him that one single hair out of place at the pre-season publicity shot and he wouldn't know what hit him. He had to be the mother of all model citizens. This is the trouble with having priors. Walker's turn will come.

mxlegend99

Referee
Walker was lucky enough to have done it before the incompetent merkins in charge realised how much damage the game had taken by being soft merkins giving infinite chances.

Should have taken a stand a couple years back before the likes of Packer and Lodge returned. Deciding to do it randomly now makes them look worse with how inconsistent they are. This needs to be a new standard going on. No matter who the player is. Maybe they will actually learn if they believe their career is at risk.

TheFrog

Coach
The NRL need to act swiftly and make wholesale changes at the commission, starting with Todd. The game is on a massive slide and needs leadership
Agree. Greenberg going in to bat for Inglis and assisting him to get off a mid-range DUI plus speeding does nothing for the credibility of the sport at its highest levels.

TheFrog

Coach
Should have taken a stand a couple years back before the likes of Packer and Lodge returned.
Packer went to jail for his crime. I'm happy to have him return. He seems to have grown up now. Lodge did 12 months in the Qld Cup and has a huge damages award hanging over his head. I'm OK with him playing the game too. Both were a single incident. Barba has a string of them, but he should be allowed to play in England after a suitable suspension, if anyone will have him.

Incorrect

Coach
Packer went to jail for his crime. I'm happy to have him return. He seems to have grown up now. Lodge did 12 months in the Qld Cup and has a huge damages award hanging over his head. I'm OK with him playing the game too. Both were a single incident. Barba has a string of them, but he should be allowed to play in England after a suitable suspension, if anyone will have him.
Just to clarify, you're suggesting he should be banned from NRL but OK to go and play in England?

Incorrect

Coach
Yes. You can't just leave his partner and kids destitute. Give him the appropriate suspension, whatever that is, ban him from the premier competition in the world, and if he fooks oop in England, ban him there too.
I don't understand that philosophy at all... This merkin is an Australian, has allegedly acted disgracefully by physically assaulting the mother of his children on what any right minded person can fairly assume is multiple occasions (if you take the 2013 stuff in to account) .... You're OK for this merkin to go over to another country and disgrace himself, his family, his countrymen and the game because it's only ESL?

Sorry, that's bullshit IMO. I'm as sympathetic as anyone to the plight of his kids, but I'd be embarrassed as an Australian if we shipped this lowlife to another country because "his kids have gotta eat" ... Time people started taking responsibility for their actions rather than hoping they'll get ANOTHER lifeline in a foreign land and earning 10 times the average wage good, honest people in your community and mine do.

f**k him. And don't let him become another country or code's problem.