What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Panthers @ Suncorp Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Wests Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I said through the week if we didn't win by 30 we should be embarrassed but that's close enough.

Moses Mbye's best game of the year by far. The first 15 minutes were a brilliant team effort.

At least we tried a few more things in attack tonight and even though we made a lot errors in the second half we looked dangerous when we put our plays on. Man I hope Liddle can stay healthy because he looks really sharp and reads the play well.

It's really hard to gauge because Penrith were just so awful. Even worse than in the other game we played against them and that's saying something. Good to see them sitting in last place, at least for a day.

We seriously need a new goal kicker. The definition of madness is to keep repeating the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Marster's is shit, plain and simple.

Go tigers!!!!!

HyperActive1

Juniors
Good to see the refs gave us a fair go tonight too.
20 up in the first 20
100% completion rate first half (I think)
Refs giving us a fair go
Rare tigers night indeed!

WA Tiger

Bench
A start to remember. Some credit naturally goes to Penrith, :smirk:

Eisenhuth, IMO had his best game for 5he Tiges.
Twal excellent,
Matulino was very good.
I liked the big effort of McQueen backing up Farah after his break, McQueen followed it up with another run and pass to his winger who should have caught it.
The team as a whole played very well in that 1st 40. No doubt the press will speak very highly of Farah and Marshal though and fair enough because their performances were very good indeed.

Another 2 tries would have been good but then again they did seem to concentrate on the defensive patters in the 2nd 40.

It looks like Madge is aiming for the 65 min for Farah and 15 min for Liddle, I think Liddle needs to do 80 minutes in reserves.

We need a goal kicker.
We need Farah to last untill we smash the finals right!!! The rest will do the old boy good..St George used two hookers to great effect when Benji was there ...A bit of spark toward the end and experience gained..I think Farah might be assistant coaching the team next year

WA Tiger, in regards to Farah going down, it can happen to anyone in a game and there can only be 4 reserves. It’s why I think it is very important for Liddle to get more 80 minute games into him.

I don’t know but perhaps 25 minutes next week followed by 80 minutes in reserves, then back to 1st grade for 25 minutes etc. Madge has to get the team into the 8 and it has to be with the best 9 that he believes he has for the game. I believe that at this time it is Farah.

Long term I hope it’s Liddle.

The unknown

Juniors
WA Tiger, in regards to Farah going down, it can happen to anyone in a game and there can only be 4 reserves. It’s why I think it is very important for Liddle to get more 80 minute games into him.

I don’t know but perhaps 25 minutes next week followed by 80 minutes in reserves, then back to 1st grade for 25 minutes etc. Madge has to get the team into the 8 and it has to be with the best 9 that he believes he has for the game. I believe that at this time it is Farah.

Liddle can back up and play reserve grade I think, seeing as he only played 15 mins tonight. But maybe the travel would make it a bit difficult unless they play on Sunday?

Pezz70

Juniors
It was good to see the Tigers win, but Penrith were diabolical. I was told that Penrith had a full contact session against their NSW Cup squad during the week and got beat. One thing to note from the Tigers performance was a little bit of fluency coming back into their attack. Benji is such a calming influence, and the attack is far more effective when he is in the side. Benji is a real pro.

The unknown, yeah backing up would work but only if 1st grade played Thursday or Friday night in town. NSW Cup do have games on Sunday as well so travel from Qld or Melbourne would work as well.

Tiger05

First Grade
The Benji/Robbie factor cannot be underestimated .... yes they make errors at times .. but fmd their experience does get us and the team in games when no one else can.

I think something else about having them there is that Brooks doesn't have to do everything. Brooks is quality but he can't do everything.

It's not just their experience either. They come up with a lot of good options. Benji's game has evolved a lot. His running game is nowhere near what it was but his general play - defence, ball playing & kicking game are pretty good.

Robbie and Benji on reasonable dollars are great options for us.

WA Tiger

Bench

It’s Farah alright ! ..Madge is casting his spell ie the little tweaks..he’s won it before.....As far as coach Ivan Cleary gos....There must be a Rugby league God that shuts on people that kinda double cross....eg for the money mind u cherry evans has done alright .. on and off

WA Tiger

Bench
I think we underestimate the value Benji brings to this team, seriously how much more organised did our team look in attack?

Kinda hard to see Reynolds dethroning his starting spot when he comes back imo

Also no coincidence Brooks played his best game under the guidance of Marshall too.
Yes!

WA Tiger

Bench
Although Brooks played the best I’ve seen when he played with Reynolds in that last thrashing of ?? Brisbane...What a game that was ...which was the best this one or that one??? Shit that first half today...we thought it was fkn Xmas right!!

super_coach

First Grade
I am stoked with tonight’s game, the slowest backline in the comp looked very flashy and made a Riff look like slugs......but my biggest enjoyment was watching Ivan’s Presso, the guy looks like a broken man. …Okay he and his son are picking up a million each a year,but they are both look like they need a shrink. I just love Karma

super_coach

First Grade
Lots to like about tonight and I should really sit back enjoy what was a really good performance..but two gripes..Masters defence is still not nearly at NRL standard and Mullet man for all his good work is still a liability with brain dead plays.

Mader45

Juniors
Had to watch Clearys press conference to watch the prick get asked all the questions you know he didn't want. Best part - Would you consider calling up Gus for some advice?
His first answer was no. Then that he knew the answers. Then hes open to collaboration with anyone.
Happy to know a lot of people enjoyed tonights win more with that smug liar looking like the fraud he is.

WA Tiger

Bench
See McQueen’s pass to the wing to score that try ..sweet!! There was a lot of skill in that ...It was a long pass and he had no time to execute ...He seems a good team man to lift the spirits too and he was right there in the front line for a couple of those try’s