What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Warriors

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Lets face reality now, we won’t make the 8 firstly. Secondly, the rest of this winter and the next two years are going to be awful until the clown coach is gone.
Im pretty much done and we're not even into origin. They couldnt win a chook raffle under this muppet.
Some of these players just dint have it either eg Host, Leilua, Dufty.
Then thers passengers like Lats, Aitken and so on. Going nowhere fast under the maestro!

ozbuck

Juniors
Hey, at least Saints have McGregor for two further years after this.

These players are worried. They get in the lead then tighten up...they get in their heads.

What if catches that drop out... We might score. Instead warriors score. Possibly a 10point difference.

Mary doesn't couch bs like that to happen. THAT IS A PLAYERS FAULT.

j0nesy

Bench
We’ve got to stop carrying a centre on the bench and then not using the 3 forwards we have, one of which has to be the slowest human being I have ever seen. It is absolutely deadset unbelievable. It beggars belief. I just cannot believe this coach. There’s nothing more I can say about it, it’s so fundamentally f**king dumb that I’m lost for words.

Ahhh, that’s a bit better, thanks for letting me vent.

ozbuck

Juniors
Useless 2nd half full of dumb coaching(Aitken for Lomax), tactics etc.
2nd week in a row where we blow a half time lead and what will he have to say for it. FFS, over it.

Useless dumb mistakes by the players, missed tackles, a million dollar marquee player dropping a simple catch..leading the way.

0-20 in the second half. The players were looking good energy wise in the second half. Players need to look at themselves and figure out what happens in their heads when they start to play second half crap footy. It's a mental thing. The fear of losing is too strong

j0nesy

Bench
These players are worried. They get in the lead then tighten up...they get in their heads.

What if catches that drop out... We might score. Instead warriors score. Possibly a 10point difference.

Mary doesn't couch bs like that to happen. THAT IS A PLAYERS FAULT.
Mate, the game was lost before then. Our forwards were buried and plucking grass out of their teeth and our bench was plucking splinters out of their ass because f**king numb nuts only used 1 sub in the first half. You cannot defend that.

Old Timer

Coach
Rubbish again and so many errors. Negatives all over the shop.
Nobody bothers stopping the warriors improve the goal position,
Why only I sub in 1st half - why taje the 2 when we had them on the ropes.
Forwards look a shadow of themselves from the 1st half. 3 losses in a row now and 2nd half fades is a real concern.
You hit the nail on the head re 1st half replacements.
We were on top and kept the team on and ultimately ran out of puff.
Then we had a prolonged period without any grunt in attack as IMO Vaughan spends far too much time off the paddock.
Lawrie is no 13 and should only be part of the prop rotation.
Graham was awesome tonight but again we go into a crucial phase of the game without him as this time he was on the sideline due to playing 60 minutes straight.
Instead of all these f**king unless additional staff we keep giving coach we would do far better to get him a full time assistant to run the bench because sure as hell can't do it.
Field was very good in his 1st full game in the top grade and Hunt yet again far too hot & cold for my liking.
We are already well and truly busted in the forward stocks and coach continues to grind them into the ground.
Can't wait for Gitano's rants re Lomax but Aitken yet again proved he is useless.
Last but not least can anyone tell me why we had players defending wide and then all of a sudden in the middle and then in some cases on the opposite side of the paddock?
We looked absolutely lost in defence in the 2nd half with people all over the place surely they have set roles or is it ad hoc make it up as you go?

Gareth67

First Grade
Absolutely fooking disgusting ! ! !

Is there anyway that they can terminate immediately the maestros fooking contract ?

I won’t waste my time repeating what the obvious flaws were in today’s match , other than they are the same as they have been throughout the entire season. Only one solution to this problem and that is to sack the coach whose lack of ability is matched only by his lack of hair .

Just disgusted and it is soul destroying to watch our team play this way , fatigue once again showing it’s ugly head as per previous years , same old story .

Life's Good

Coach
We are such a mentally weak team.
We weren’t even under pressure yet found ourselves falling off tackles, taking wrong options & generally doing dumb sh*t.
The bench use is diabolical & just adds to the overall mess.
For me, the only positive was Field, he played well in defence & attack and didn’t look out of place unlike Rava, Latimore & Aitken.

sa1nt5

Juniors
Don’t know about the panthers but a sliding defence in our cage tonight and we go a lot further to shutting down their tactic of exposing Aitken and. Rav but hey people say that weekly and How could the coaching staff know of Kearney’s game plan. Well without a spy they can’t but some here knew what Kearney had to do and As far as I know a coach needs the ability to to not only create a workable game plan according to the opposition weakness’ and his own teams strengths but to also understand that the opposing coach is doing exactly that. Dragons first grade coach does not make that apparent to me with what I see our team do

getsmarty

Immortal
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck leads Warriors to thrilling come-from-behind win over fading Dragons
NRL Premiership
  • May 11, 2019 7:30pm
  • by Staff writers
  • Source: FOX SPORTS
f034c004b494768bb6644bdaf0b4f703

The Warriors scored 20 unanswered second half points to seal a memorable comeback win over the Dragons.Source: Getty Images
The Warriors have come back from 18-6 down to seal a memorable 26-18 win over the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium.
The Dragons dominated the opening half on the back of an excellent display from Jai Field, but they didn’t come out after the break.

Round 9
The Warriors scored 20 unanswered points in the second half to stun the Dragons in what could be a turning point for their season.

More to come . . .

Warriors 26 (P Hiku 2 D Fusitua K Maumalo A Paasi tries P Herbert 3 goals) bt Dragons 18 (J Field Z Lomax C McInnes tries Z Lomax 3 goals) at Suncorp Stadium. Referee: Gavin Badger, Adam Gee. Crowd: 37,521.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...g/news-story/8e6a0b5a7b3e9aa54d0bd70ead5f4a9f

ozbuck

Juniors
That's all coach. Coaching gets teams like that over the line

HAHAHAHA... Oh man that gave me a good laugh.

No, the players are getting in their own way (in their heads). They're not flowing because opposition teams are getting a sniff back into the game after halftime...then they start tightening up.

It's mental.

All coaches know teams get into confidence spirals. Bennett has referenced this over the years e.g. 2011 and a couple of years when the broncs lost like 8 of their last 10 games of the season.

Coaches don't get their teams over the line. Good players do. Players that stand up and stamp their authority on the game.

Unfortunately, our marquee, million dollar, Australia rep player Hunt hasn't done it once. ...in fact tonight his crucial mistake turned the tide completely.

We won't win a premiership with Hunt as our halfback I believe. His ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck at crucial times and close out a game is waaaaay off the mark.

By the way, the decision to have Aitkin on the bench is not a good one 100%

SET2JT

Juniors
I still cant believe no one has bombed all night to our wingers from inside our 20. Our wingers havent defused 1 bomb this year.

Crush

Coach
Didn't watch the game but I take it we were shit again?
Saturday nights are way more enjoyable when you don't watch Dragons.
I highly recommend it to all the forum for the next month.

Latest posts