What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Warriors

Surprise Surprise...Aitken on and 2 tries scored down the right edge....Well done coach.............
More to the point.
1. McGregor carries a centre on the bench and replaces Lomax who was not only making an impact and looked dangerous but was also our goal kicker.
I've never seen any team use an interchange to replace a centre with a centre.
I mean is that supposed to be innovative or is it downright stupid??
2. Plays Graham unchanged for 66 minutes who actually had a brilliant game - then brought on Latimore for the crucial last quarter of the game. I mean...really?
If he had played Graham over 2 stints, we might have squeezed home today.
3. Had only used one interchange by half time which just mystifies me.

I absolutely cannot blame Hunt or any of the players today.
They all put in and finished the game rudderless and a crestfallen mess with no leader on the field during the most crucial part of the game.
Bottom line we got overrun two weeks in a row after surging to big leads.
Whoever says to me again that the players are to blame for these performances should give themselves an uppercut.
Stop rationalizing this ridiculous coaching situation.
McGregor can't coach and he never has been able to.
He's not qualified to coach FG.
Apart from the obvious technical deficiencies, does anyone realize what these kind of losses does to the paying group psychologically?
It destroys confidence and predisposes players to the jitters when the tide of the game changes.
As a result, all teams that play against us will always feel they have a chance against us no matter what the score is.
It was heartbreaking watching yet another capitulation to a team we usually beat easily

ozbuck

Juniors
Mate, the game was lost before then. Our forwards were buried and plucking grass out of their teeth and our bench was plucking splinters out of their ass because f**king numb nuts only used 1 sub in the first half. You cannot defend that.

He did.

But it wasnt the reason we lossed, and it didn't have a negative effect on the players physically. Graham played 65mins straight and was still going strong in the 65min.

We didn't lose from tiredness.

We lost from mental weakness. We are MENTALLY WEAK. We start protective lesds instead of maximising on them.
Another contributing factor is that we don't have a player that takes the game by the scruff of them neck. Look at the warriors number 1, he showed how to get involved and create opportunities.

We had 1 tackle in the 20 in the second half.

We got scared and Choked!!!!!

TruSaint

Referee
We are such a mentally weak team.

This...

From calling a conference to decide on whether it 2 points or go for 6, to dumb penalties, piss poor reads , you name it.

One would think after last weeks capitulation against Parra, we would wake up. NZ didnt win that game, and their 2nd half completion was as a result of our mindset. They believed and We caved again.

ALSGI

Bench
Did James Graham play 65 minutes straight ?
Graham played really well tonight, as did Vaughan, McInnes, Hunt, Field, Lomax, Lawrie and Periera.

Field will get even better, Rava just doesn’t seem to have a footy IQ despite his strength.

The rest weren’t bad but Aitken, Latimore and even Host didn’t offer much when needed.

Surely Lomax was injured to replace him?

Our out’s considered, we did well. We’ll beat the Knights in Mudgee next week.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Have they won a game since McDeflector extension? Absolute pathetic bench selection and use of rotation. Tin man Lafai would draw with Latimore in a foot race.
James Graham would make a better captain/coach than McWreckor.
The team are 2nd half faders and already look burnt out after 9 rounds. FMD imagine after Origin when we have the standard slide out the back door.

Life's Good

Coach
This...

From calling a conference to decide on whether it 2 points or go for 6, to dumb penalties, piss poor reads , you name it.

One would think after last weeks capitulation against Parra, we would wake up. NZ didnt win that game, and their 2nd half completion was as a result of our mindset. They believed and We caved again.

I’m just sick of the lack of talk from the players. Who’s calling numbers in defence, who’s calling ‘settle’ or urging the forwards on. They need to communicate more & stop patting each other’s ar*es when a ball gets dropped. Toughen up.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
More to the point.
1. McGregor carries a centre on the bench and replaces Lomax who was not only making an impact and looked dangerous but was also our goal kicker.
2. Plays Graham unchanged for 66 minutes who actually had a brilliant game - then brought on Latimore for the crucial last quarter of the game. I mean...really?

They all put in and finished the game rudderless and a crestfallen mess with no leader on the field during the most crucial part of the game.
Whoever says to me again that the players are to blame for these performances should give themselves an uppercut.
Apart from the obvious technical deficiencies, does anyone realize what these kind of losses does to the paying group psychologically?
It destroys confidence and predisposes players to the jitters when the tide of the game changes.
As a result, all teams that play against us will always feel they have a chance against us no matter what the score is.
It was heartbreaking watching yet another capitulation to a team we usually beat easily

I am not sure if your comments are general in nature or directed towards me ?...No where have I Rationalized the coaching situation....in fact the exact opposite....agree with your comments ...

P.S the well done coach was sarcasm....

LINESPEED

Juniors
Aitken for Lomax???????????????????????????????????
Let's hear Mary explain that one.

Waterboy’s romance with Turnstile is destroying this team

The bench is fuc*ed because of it

And Zac’s head was down in the dressing room because he’d been told Lovechild was getting big minutes

aka
How to f**k with a great junior’s head & confidence
& mess with team cohesion after halftime yet again

Turnstile to CC or we’re toast -

it’s as simple as that

More to the point.

Best.Post.Ever.

Tuddy

Juniors
HAHAHAHA... Oh man that gave me a good laugh.

No, the players are getting in their own way (in their heads). They're not flowing because opposition teams are getting a sniff back into the game after halftime...then they start tightening up.

It's mental.

All coaches know teams get into confidence spirals. Bennett has referenced this over the years e.g. 2011 and a couple of years when the broncs lost like 8 of their last 10 games of the season.

Coaches don't get their teams over the line. Good players do. Players that stand up and stamp their authority on the game.

Unfortunately, our marquee, million dollar, Australia rep player Hunt hasn't done it once. ...in fact tonight his crucial mistake turned the tide completely.

By the way, the decision to have Aitkin on the bench is not a good one 100%

You're mental.

McGregor was coaching them to win the first half of the season last year, now he's adjusted tactics and he's got them winning the first half of the match.

The teams not blameless, but to say McGegor isn't is just straight out crazy. There wouldn't be a handful of people on this forum that agree with you. That has to tell you something.

ozbuck

Juniors
More to the point.

Carrying Aitkin is a bad idea.

Latimore was not the problem.

Yes, the players still had a great line speed and their energy was good in the second half.

We didn't lose because of physical weakness.

We lost because the warriors wanted it, believed they could, and had key players that stood up, and controlled the ball.

We got scared and Choked...again. we are the biggest chokers in the games history.

Answer me this: when was the last time Hunt took a game by the scruff of the neck when it hung in the balance and then closed it out with game management?

Seriously.

0-20 in the second half.

The players are tightening up MENTALLY. Our big players are not standing up.

At halftime last week and tonight no one was complaining about the coaching. The players choke and then it's the coaches fault because he coached them to choke apparently.

getsmarty

Immortal
You're mental.

McGregor was coaching them to win the first half of the season last year, now he's adjusted tactics and he's got them winning the first half of the match.

The teams not blameless, but to say McGegor isn't is just straight out crazy. There wouldn't be a handful of people on this forum that agree with you. That has to tell you something.

Don't waste your time...he probably works at the club putting the badges into the membership packs.......

ST Tangles 01

Juniors
I agree with the mentally weak comment and it starts from above
At present were a 9 to 13th team at best
James Graham should be stand alone captain from next week
We need to bring someone in for Latimore
Not blaming him for the loss but once our front rowers go off and he comes on he offers nothing
We need to stick with Lomax if the kid wasn't injured tonight why take him off will just smash his confidence
I could go on just very disappointed after that game

Carrying Aitkin is a bad idea.

Latimore was not the problem.

Yes, the players still had a great line speed and their energy was good in the second half.

We didn't lose because of physical weakness.

We lost because the warriors wanted it, believed they could, and had key players that stood up, and controlled the ball.

We got scared and Choked...again. we are the biggest chokers in the games history.

Answer me this: when was the last time Hunt took a game by the scruff of the neck when it hung in the balance and then closed it out with game management?

Seriously.

0-20 in the second half.

The players are tightening up MENTALLY. Our big players are not standing up.

At halftime last week and tonight no one was complaining about the coaching. The players choke and then it's the coaches fault because he coached them to choke apparently.
Tell me this - when was the last time Widdop took a game by the scruff of the neck?
Norman has shown more purpose then either but Hunt was not our problem today.
Latimore is reserve grade material and in any case, should not be on the field to finish games off.
Forget all the line speed and other positives.
If we cannot adjust our game when the chips are down, we will continue losing games because we are tactically naïve.

ozbuck

Juniors
You're mental.

Who cares what majority of people think...by into that and you've got other people colouring your perception of things.

Look at things objectively.

So we have a coach who has us winning the first half. ....so you think he is coaching us to then have the players get in their own heads, tighten up, play not to lose instead of playing to win, have key players not stand up when the game is on the line, make bad defensive reads, have hunt drop a ball that leads to the warriors winning, etc.

With this logic, Ivan clearly should be sacked tomorrow.

It's bullcrap. These players are soft mentally. They take their foot off the gas. They give away simple penalties that allow the warriors up the field which gives them great scoring chances...their first and 3rd tries happening es this way from memory.

This is not coached. These are players playing stupid footy.

Latest posts