What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Warriors

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
Did anyone notice that in the second half we played just about all one out plays? on the rear occasion we passed two or ore wide we make lots of metres. the Warriors compressed their defense and we didn't change our approach. That is a coaching issue.

The other thing that really annoyed me was not kicking on the 5th a number of times.

Why was Lowmax benched? I fear another Mann situation coming on.

j0nesy

Bench
He did.

But it wasnt the reason we lossed, and it didn't have a negative effect on the players physically. Graham played 65mins straight and was still going strong in the 65min.

We didn't lose from tiredness.

We lost from mental weakness. We are MENTALLY WEAK. We start protective lesds instead of maximising on them.
Another contributing factor is that we don't have a player that takes the game by the scruff of them neck. Look at the warriors number 1, he showed how to get involved and create opportunities.

We had 1 tackle in the 20 in the second half.

We got scared and Choked!!!!!

We were tired and Mary’s non use of the bench throughout the season and tonight had a negative impact on our performance, as did his poor bench selection. We had forwards on their haunches sitting out of each set. We were struggling to get back the 10 most sets. We were getting torn up through the middle of the ruck because of it. Coming out of our own end you could throw a blanket over the team. They were exhausted. Not the only reason we lost but a factor. I will admit the players attitudes were poor.

possm

Coach
Doesn't change what I stated...aitken on for what 20 mins..and they basically win the game ...

Both ravalawa and aitken are a liability....

Haven't seen anything so stupid in 20 years of Footy...and don't get me started on the rest of the interchange...moronic tactics....
Aitken should have come on for Lawrie and played big minutes in the middle. Lomax should never had been replaced. Rava needs to go back to CC and be replaced by Pearson.

ozbuck

Juniors
Tell me this - when was the last time Widdop took a game by the scruff of the neck?
Norman has shown more purpose then either but Hunt was not our problem today.
Latimore is reserve grade material and in any case, should not be on the field to finish games off.
Forget all the line speed and other positives.
If we cannot adjust our game when the chips are down, we will continue losing games because we are tactically naïve.

Exactly mate. Widdop nor Hunt have done it.

We won't win a premiership without a player like that.

I can't agree with Norman. He is in the same league as the other two. Sure, two great field goals...but he is not a take the game by the balls kind of player. He doesn't dictate a games direction and feel at all.

The players need to sit down and have an honest chat with themselves. Either that or get the best sports psychologist. The way the players have the ability to play is showed when they are MENTALLY loose, flexible, when it starts of as 0-0 and they don't have anything yet to lose (i.e. a lead).

If Mary couldn't coach then we would be struggling all game.

The players need to stand up....especially the players who should be standing up and leading...everyone knows who they are!!!!!

possm

Coach
These players are worried. They get in the lead then tighten up...they get in their heads.

What if catches that drop out... We might score. Instead warriors score. Possibly a 10point difference.

Mary doesn't couch bs like that to happen. THAT IS A PLAYERS FAULT.
I think that most of the forwards are busted or fatigued. It does not help that Mary does not know how to select the right players or manage the bench. I am so angry tonight, angry that our Board extended Mary's contract so early in the season. Mary has lost every game since.

ozbuck

Juniors
We were tired and Mary’s non use of the bench throughout the season and tonight had a negative impact on our performance, as did his poor bench selection. We had forwards on their haunches sitting out of each set. We were struggling to get back the 10 most sets. We were getting torn up through the middle of the ruck because of it. Coming out of our own end you could throw a blanket over the team. They were exhausted. Not the only reason we lost but a factor. I will admit the players attitudes were poor.

I was at the game, that wasn't the case in my books.

Our line speed was excellent all game until the last 3-5mins when the players really lost hope.

Poor line speed and exhaustion didn't allow them to get back in the game after half time. We MENTALLY clock off. We all know teams over the years who struggle 10mins before and after HT.

And the stupid penalties we gave away to give warriors a chance to attack our line and two of their tries came from those kind of penalties.

That is not exhaustion. That is not Mary's coaching tactics.

That is players making stupid playing mistakes.

We don't have the team to win a premiership or be even top 4. We don't have the kind of key players who will take control of a game when it's in the balance...no matter how much we are paying them!

ozbuck

Juniors
I think that most of the forwards are busted or fatigued. It does not help that Mary does not know how to select the right players or manage the bench. I am so angry tonight, angry that our Board extended Mary's contract so early in the season. Mary has lost every game since.

Our forwards were not more fatigued then there's.

They controlled the ball 90+% success rate ALL game. They had more belief they would win....it was easy to see.

As soon as they scored after hunts dropped ball is was game over.

I worry about Hunt. Not just that dropped ball, the fact that in over 1 whole season he hasn't taken a game by the throat and closed it out too is a MASSIVE RED FLAG!!!!

j0nesy

Bench
I was at the game, that wasn't the case in my books.

Our line speed was excellent all game until the last 3-5mins when the players really lost hope.

Poor line speed and exhaustion didn't allow them to get back in the game after half time. We MENTALLY clock off. We all know teams over the years who struggle 10mins before and after HT.

And the stupid penalties we gave away to give warriors a chance to attack our line and two of their tries came from those kind of penalties.

That is not exhaustion. That is not Mary's coaching tactics.

That is players making stupid playing mistakes.

We don't have the team to win a premiership or be even top 4. We don't have the kind of key players who will take control of a game when it's in the balance...no matter how much we are paying them!

Mate the penalties were mostly around the ruck because the warriors were getting on top of our tiring pack and we were doing all we could to slow the play the ball to allow our tiring defence to retreat.

getsmarty

Immortal
Our forwards were not more fatigued then there's.

They controlled the ball 90+% success rate ALL game. They had more belief they would win....it was easy to see.

As soon as they scored after hunts dropped ball is was game over.

I worry about Hunt. Not just that dropped ball, the fact that in over 1 whole season he hasn't taken a game by the throat and closed it out too is a MASSIVE RED FLAG!!!!

Great comedy routine Mrs McGregor.