What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Warriors

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Looks as if the wabbits will lose now considering the halftime score was 18-6 , the same as one of the top 4 sides was yesterday. Only the good teams will get beaten when leading by that amount . . . . :scream:
They won't lose, they're coached by Wayne Bennett. Someone who knows what they're doing. We have a nuffie in charge of us.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Tariq is back to the form he displayed at Newcastle.
He may very well be busted but he has had his moment in the sun and is now being down skilled by our bald headed gronk of a coach.
He joins the long and illustrious line of people who become worse as time with coach ticks by.

Not quite as much.

Tariq’s form (or lack thereof) mirrors just about everyone else* in the forward pack.

*Exceptions include Lawrie (who has improved immeasurably), Host (who seemingly realised this year represents a “now or never” opportunity), and to a lesser degree, Vaughan (who could still be more dominant).

Along with Sims, Frizell looks busted, although he was exceptional last night. Graham is playing on “old legs” but his passion and leadership cannot be questioned. McInnes is a bit “hit or miss”..,his inconsistency is mainly due to fatigue not ability. Latimore shouldn’t be anywhere near a first grade gig....has there ever been such a “big bopper” who so disappointingly doesn’t use his size to maximum effect? Neil Tierney, perhaps.

Have I left anyone out?

denis preston

First Grade
Not quite as much.

Tariq’s form (or lack thereof) mirrors just about everyone else* in the forward pack.

*Exceptions include Lawrie (who has improved immeasurably), Host (who seemingly realised this year represents a “now or never” opportunity), and to a lesser degree, Vaughan (who could still be more dominant).

Along with Sims, Frizell looks busted, although he was exceptional last night. Graham is playing on “old legs” but his passion and leadership cannot be questioned. McInnes is a bit “hit or miss”..,his inconsistency is mainly due to fatigue not ability. Latimore shouldn’t be anywhere near a first grade gig....has there ever been such a “big bopper” who so disappointingly doesn’t use his size to maximum effect? Neil Tierney, perhaps.

Have I left anyone out?
Vaughan could be more dominant !! He walks into SOO based on this years form.Host needs to start but agree with the rest.Speaking of rest the coach doesn't believe in it .

Dragon for life

Juniors
Vaughan could be more dominant !! He walks into SOO based on this years form.Host needs to start but agree with the rest.Speaking of rest the coach doesn't believe in it .
I don’t know if he walks into SOO. If their picking on form i’m not so sure. Tariq definitely doesn’t get picked. Frizz is the only qualifier in my books and he’s been busted since round 2

nontime111

Juniors
my team for the rest of the weeks Normies out

Dufty ( give him time its a hard position to master but hes an excitement machine)

Pearson ( enough of the Ravalawa experiment we need consistency in every aspect of wing play, Pearson has good hands, has mungrel, is fast and can tackle seems to be a far more natural winger and footballer get him in there!)

Lomax ( just LEAVE him at centre and let him grow...the little mistakes WILL pass hes going to be a superstar so stop messing with his bloody confidence by hooking him!!)

Lafai ( yes hes a good centre, our best though has inconsistent games he is solid)

Periera ( I love the guy his mistakes are those of inexperience hell be our next Nighty!!)

Field ( oh man this guy is a SUPERSTAR!! leave him there please and when Normie returns leave HIM as the supersub and forget Aitken altogether)

Hunt ( wow he dropped a ball, everyone does occasionally hes a gun I love the guy!)

Luc ( getting better each week)

Tariq ( say no more)

Frizz ( same, total gun)

Jamma ( one of my favourite Dragons EVER!!! )

Mcinnes ( who needs Robson he is an electric gun I love the guy and should be captain for years So glad he came to us id not want another hooker in the league)

Vaughny ( gun)

Bench:

Lawrie ( Im a fan his game will grow)

Timms ( get him IN THERE, makes Latts look like a reserve grader not the other way round!)

Kerr ( same as Timms, hes a gun let him loose, as far as Latimore goes Latts should never play for us again unless of injuries!)

Robson ( as a supersub above Aitken!, at least hell come on and create something! and can tackle)

getsmarty

Immortal

DRAGONS

Play of the week: Magic Round
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 13 May 2019, 10:10 AM

The St George Illawarra Dragons weren't as successful in their second visit to Suncorp Stadium this year but they still produced some magic during the contest.

Option A. It took just five minutes for the Dragons to open the scoring thanks young gun, Zac Lomax. Following a strong run from Jordan Pereira down the side of the field, Ben Hunt receives the ball and puts it in the air for Tyson Frizell who comes up with the catch and somehow found an offload for Lomax to slice between defenders and score another try in his brief career.

Option B. Speeds meets speed in this magic moment which saw Jai Field score the first try of his NRL career. Paul Vaughan stuck his nose through the line and got an offload to Field in support who took one look at Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and burnt him on the outside, pinning the ears back and winning the race to the line.

Option C. Brute strength got captain Cameron McInnes over the line for the final play of the week nomination. Carrying multiple Warriors defenders on his back McInnes burrowed his way to the line from dummy half and slammed the ball down for the Dragons.

Vote for your play of the week below!

Play of the week: Magic Round
Vote for your favourite below

Play of the week: Magic Round Vote for your favourite below
  • A. Zac Lomax
    0%
  • B. Jai Field
    0%
  • C. Cameron McInnes
    0%

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/05/13/play-of-the-week-magic-round2/

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Yeah, he could be! Unquestionably, Vaughan is playing well but he could also be doing more given his size and power.

Two questions for you:

1. name a game where Vaughan has totally overwhelmed an opposite prop.

2. what other NSW front rowers are demonstrating they should be selected for Origin duty?

I dare say competition (based on form) is a little thread bare this year.

sa1nt5

Juniors
1979.... next one 2010...not one seen since.

2 premierships in 40 years is not eating premierships and shitting trophies mate. That's a 5% success rate. Sounds like your perception is skewed a little
Ok. 40 years and it sounds bad although I maintain we was robbed in 1999 how about 60 years and that gets a premiership every 5 years not to mention our 14 or so runner up years as for trophies go count them all and compare it to the next best. There are only 2 teams that have a better winning percentage Storm (disregarding the cheat years ) and the Boncos. If we are not a successful club then one doesn’t exist. WE EAT PREMIERSHIPS & SHIT TROPHIES

j0nesy

Bench
Not quite as much.

Have I left anyone out?

I thought Host was poor against the Warriors. He’s had a few good games and a couple of poor ones. He needs to work on getting himself up for every game. Admittedly it would be hard when you never know if/when your coach will bring you on or where he’ll ask you to play.

ozbuck

Juniors
Ok. 40 years and it sounds bad although I maintain we was robbed in 1999 how about 60 years and that gets a premiership every 5 years not to mention our 14 or so runner up years as for trophies go count them all and compare it to the next best. There are only 2 teams that have a better winning percentage Storm (disregarding the cheat years ) and the Boncos. If we are not a successful club then one doesn’t exist. WE EAT PREMIERSHIPS & SHIT TROPHIES

Robbed in 1999? Their first try didnt come off a forward pass (our first try in 2010 gf came off morris being in to touch the play before...were the roosters robbed too?), Mundine had a chance to pass to Ainscough...probably game over right there, and their last try was a penalty try. Fair is fair. We choked again.

We eat premierships and shit trophies? Mate, if you're looking back to when and before The Beatles were around to justify this its a loooooong shot.

We have achieved hardly anything (premierships) recently, and by 'recently' Im being very generous...Im talking about the last 30-40 years.

We are not eating premierships and shitting trophies. We are eating "not quite good enough"s and shitting on ourselves.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I thought Host was poor against the Warriors. He’s had a few good games and a couple of poor ones. He needs to work on getting himself up for every game. Admittedly it would be hard when you never know if/when your coach will bring you on or where he’ll ask you to play.

Host’s form has generally been good, but as with the team, his performances have also begun to dip.

sa1nt5

Juniors
Robbed in 1999? Their first try didnt come off a forward pass (our first try in 2010 gf came off morris being in to touch the play before...were the roosters robbed too?), Mundine had a chance to pass to Ainscough...probably game over right there, and their last try was a penalty try. Fair is fair. We choked again.

We eat premierships and shit trophies? Mate, if you're looking back to when and before The Beatles were around to justify this its a loooooong shot.

We have achieved hardly anything (premierships) recently, and by 'recently' Im being very generous...Im talking about the last 30-40 years.

We are not eating premierships and shitting trophies. We are eating "not quite good enough"s and shitting on ourselves.

ok ok I admit I am stretching a little to the positive but You are stretching just as much as I am but to the negative let’s agree to disagree and move on to a disagreement of the upcoming knights game but before I leave this, can you tell me about how the man who maybe reading this as he is very much alive who coached and captain coached or just captained for a majority of those premierships is now redundant and his achievements mean nothing to you in a club sense because it was too long ago.

Latest posts