What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R19 Sat - Storm 10-11* Sea Eagles @ AAMI

Round 19: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nick87

Coach
In all honesty, I haven't seen replay yet but I think what saved Jake T was the landing, I don't think it was as severe as the Citric one which is what they take into account for send offs

How the player lands in that situation is pure luck'
There is no control or welfare for the player... the action was very similar, and he should have been sent off.

Generalzod

Immortal
I can’t wait to listen to Shane on 2sm on Monday this mope was so adamant that the Storm was going to smash them lol

SBD82

Coach
How the player lands in that situation is pure luck'
There is no control or welfare for the player... the action was very similar, and he should have been sent off.
Cotric drove Lafai into the ground. Jurbo lifted, and should be charged, but he didn’t drive the storm player into the ground.

nick87

Coach
Tom shows he is a class above Slater. Going around AAMI park getting photos with fans of both sides, in contrast to Slater abusing young girls at Brookie for yelling "go Manly".

tbf to Slater, based on my experiences at Brookie, those young girls were probably hurling racial epithets and hurling coins, so fair play IMO

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Haven't I got something forward to watch tomorrow at the pub.

I'm glad I wore my jersey today through the streets of Dandenong. People were crossing the road to get away from me.

Just have to get my 2008 jersey out for tomorrow and really rub it in through the streets of Dandenong. Ha ha!

Storm13

Juniors
I hate the Purple Scum but neither side deserved to not get a point out of that.
As a purple scum supporter, I wouldn't give two shits about losing in golden point. Be dropping Croft for sulking after that match. Golden point is a bit of a lottery, so no point sulking when you don't win.

nick87

Coach
Cotric drove Lafai into the ground. Jurbo lifted, and should be charged, but he didn’t drive the storm player into the ground.

I'd have to see it again to see if Jurbo drove, but you're spot on Cotric.
But my initial view was that there want much difference between the two, and this was certainly worth of a send off

firechild

First Grade
I love the slow motion shot of the field goal from behind the southern goalposts. The crowd look like they're painted into the shot, except the 1 Manly fan jumping up and down.

SBD82

Coach
I'd have to see it again to see if Jurbo drove, but you're spot on Cotric.
But my initial view was that there want much difference between the two, and this was certainly worth of a send off
I think it may have been worthy of a send off. But the NRL seems to have a higher threshold than I do about what constitutes a send off.

In saying that, I think Cotric’s was worse because he drove. Only saw the replay quickly, but it looked like Jurbo was lifting, lost his grip on the leg, and then lost balance and went over the storm player.

firechild

First Grade
tbf to Slater, based on my experiences at Brookie, those young girls were probably hurling racial epithets and hurling coins, so fair play IMO
I call BS. There's only about 3 Raiders fans that have ever been to Brookie. All 3 of them sit at the back of the hill abusing everyone until it's clear that they're not going to win and they vanish into thin air.