What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Vs Raiders

tripster

Juniors
I was at the game. We were all over the Raiders for the first 15 minutes, and if we hadn’t made an error in attack around the 15 min mark we looked a good chance of scoring again. Raiders were also using up a lot of gas defending their own line.

The Raiders were also always going to be dangerous close to our line early in the game. They had a noticeable size advantage over us. It looked like the game plan was to run them around as much as possible by throwing the ball around and then take advantage as they tire out. That looked it like was going to work, until we made some key errors in the second half against the run of play which effectively lost us the game.

Our interchange rotation also got stuffed up once Whare was binned. When that happened Cleary took Winterstein off and interchanged him for Luai, who then defended in Winterstein’s place in the second row. The Raiders were attacking that side and having someone quick out there (Luai) helped us to shut things down - if Cleary hadn’t done that then we might conceded more. However it also meant Luai was on the field much earlier than he would otherwise have been and that had negative effect on our attack.

We also noticeably lost fluency and go forward once Egan came on very early in place of Kenny. I am not sure why Cleary made that interchange so early in the game. In other matches Egan hadn’t come on until the last 20 mins. Kenny didn’t look like he picked up an injury so I am not sure why that change we made.

You also take Mansour’s two errors out of the game (the dropped bomb and the terrible attempted tackle on Rapana) and we could have been looking at 18-18 with it going down to the wire.

OldPanther

Coach
We also noticeably lost fluency and go forward once Egan came on very early in place of Kenny. I am not sure why Cleary made that interchange so early in the game. In other matches Egan hadn’t come on until the last 20 mins. Kenny didn’t look like he picked up an injury so I am not sure why that change we made.

Because Egan has outplayed Kenny every week since coming back from injury including today.

OldPanther

Coach
Well I’d expect a pretty strongly worded statement from Ivan if he’s making it up.

I certainly would but Ivan is weird when talking to the media and particularly secretive. This is the same guy who wouldn't discuss players being dropped and coming back into the team.

tripster

Juniors
Because Egan has outplayed Kenny every week since coming back from injury including today.

You need to get over your love for the guy. There is simply no evidence what you have just said.

I have no bias for one or the other - I am just calling it how it was. Kenny is our starting hooker, and we look like a different team with him at dummy half.

If Kenny could play 80 minutes Egan wouldn’t even be in the first grade side.

OldPanther

Coach
You need to get over your love for the guy. There is simply no evidence what you have just said.

I have no bias for one or the other - I am just calling it how it was. Kenny is our starting hooker, and we look like a different team with him at dummy half.

If Kenny could play 80 minutes Egan wouldn’t even be in the first grade side.

Typical of people using the fact I like a player as a deflection. Every time Egan comes on we look better. This is an objective fact. Kenny does the basics well but is not our best hooker.

murraymob

Coach
while disapointed with the loss .We did damm well losing by only 12.They scored when we where down to 12 and got a try at the end from a short drop out We can improve as we have slowly been doing over the last couple of weeks
The boys need to re group and get ready for next week it will not be the easy game some think it will be

Kilkenny

Coach
Went for a meal after the game so have just walked in the front door at home.

The first thing to say is the Raiders scored six tries to our three so I guess we cannot have too many complaints.

We tried hard and were our own worst enemies for the most part.

Now getting down to business there is some talk about Egan and Kenny well I watched the NSW Cup and frankly our best dummy half is playing NSW Cup. Sione Katoa played the full 80 was outstanding for the whole time, scored the try which sealed the comeback win but it was his outstanding effort in defence which should not go unrecognised. We were still behind on the scoreboard when we were attacking deep in the Mounties 20 metre zone when there fullback took an intercept. He was gone for all money but Katoa chase him for 70 metres and caught him, clutch play, outstanding commitment. We went on to win the game. Katoa has been much maligned on here and for mine he should still be our number 1 dummy half he is so much better than Kenny and Egan it is not funny.

tripster

Juniors
Typical of people using the fact I like a player as a deflection. Every time Egan comes on we look better. This is an objective fact. Kenny does the basics well but is not our best hooker.

We must be watching different games then. I don’t think you’ll find anyone else who endorses this view.

unKwn

Juniors

The first thing to say is the Raiders scored six tries to our three so I guess we cannot have too many complaints.

Now getting down to business there is some talk about Egan and Kenny well I watched the NSW Cup and frankly our best dummy half is playing NSW Cup. Sione Katoa played the full 80 was outstanding for the whole time, scored the try which sealed the comeback win but it was his outstanding effort in defence which should not go unrecognised. We were still behind on the scoreboard when we were attacking deep in the Mounties 20 metre zone when there fullback took an intercept. He was gone for all money but Katoa chase him for 70 metres and caught him, clutch play, outstanding commitment. We went on to win the game. Katoa has been much maligned on here and for mine he should still be our number 1 dummy half he is so much better than Kenny and Egan it is not funny.
i think you forgot to mention the part where katoa kicked the ball into the fullback who got the intercept and ran

mxlegend99

Referee

Today was the first loss wehavehad since Kenny came into the team. Drop aby first grader toreserve grade and you would expect them to look better.

Some will think they aretoo good and not put in. But most who try look a level above because they were.

First grade form has proven Katoa is our 3rd best 9. I'm undecided between Kenny and Egan. Anygiven week it changes. Although none of them are close to as good as the best hookers. If any of then can be it's Wayde Egan.

franklin2323

Immortal
Today was the first loss wehavehad since Kenny came into the team. Drop aby first grader toreserve grade and you would expect them to look better.

Some will think they aretoo good and not put in. But most who try look a level above because they were.

First grade form has proven Katoa is our 3rd best 9. I'm undecided between Kenny and Egan. Anygiven week it changes. Although none of them are close to as good as the best hookers. If any of then can be it's Wayde Egan.

Not Kenny's fault he isn't a hooker. Should be used like Brandon Smith is