What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 1st Test Australia v England, Edgbaston Aug 1-5

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Had a feeling they'd go Siddle. Just takes buckets of wickets in these conditions. I'm not convinced Hazelwood is fit (match fit I mean). You need a bowler like Siddle to bowl 50 balls in the right area, these 130-135kmph trundlers take a mountain of wickets in England.
Too bad be can barely get the radar above 120kms these days. It’s embarrassing this plodder is still around stinking up the joint. Another turd the selectors refuse to flush.

Bazal

Post Whore
Starc >>> Simon Cook >>> Adam Dale >>> Brad Williams >>> Brett Dorey >>> Mick Lewis >>> Peter George >>> Scott Boland >>> Hilton Cartwright's meds >>>Scott Miller >>> Peter Ploddle

For. f**ks. Sake.

Our selection panel is the dumbest bunch of merkins

simmo1

First Grade
Siddle is bog average. I can't see him threatening.

I'm OK with the batting line-up, although Smith should bat 3.

Bazal

Post Whore
Siddle is bog average. I can't see him threatening.

I'm OK with the batting line-up, although Smith should bat 3.

Happy bar Wade tbh.

Seriously how many chances does the little toad need to demonstrate he's not a test cricketer?

Memes have a lot to answer for here, we all know our selectors are as pliable as play-doh

simmo1

First Grade
Happy bar Wade tbh.

Seriously how many chances does the little toad need to demonstrate he's not a test cricketer?

Memes have a lot to answer for here, we all know our selectors are as pliable as play-doh

I can cop Wade. Scored runs for fun the past couple of years and looks a much improved cricketer since he was dropped. We'll soon see of it's the same old Wade.

That, and I don't rate Marsh or Labuschagne, which means Wade gets it by default. I think Patterson was unlucky not to be picked in the squad as he would have been my other choice.

TheParraboy

Staff member
According to the above the lineup will be

Warner
Bancroft
Khawaja
Smith
Head
Wade
Paine
Cummins
Pattinson
Siddle
Lyon

Surprised no Labuschagne. Surprised, but pleased Starc has been left out.

Siddle is the biggest question mark for mine. That’ll be interesting.

Great lineup

shame the weather may prevent us going 1-zip up

Eelectrica

Referee
I think some of these selections show how far we've fallen and how much the standard of Shield cricket has slipped.
Some of these guys wouldn't even get a mention at our peak. Yet here we are.

At least Labuschange is used to the conditions having played there these last couple of months. He's not going to get a match winning hundred, but might pick up some handy lower order runs.

If Wade is called upon we've already lost the ashes anyway. I think he's there simply to keep the illusion that Shield cricket is still relevant.

Eelectrica

Referee
Siddle Vs Hazlewood. Damn there's a tough choice.
Coin toss time! Or maybe a game of snakes & Ladders between the two to decide.

Fangs

Coach
Too much talk about left v right hand. Hope that isn't the first thing in mind for the selectors. Pick your best 11 for batting and bowling.

Leaving out Haze is criminal. The only reasonable excuse is that he is not fit to play.

Head, Wade, Labochampagne, Paine in the lower order doesn't excite me much. Cummins gonna do some carrying there.

Latest posts