What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

John Morris

What's Luke Lewis doing these days?
I hope we get him into the coaching system in some way, shape or form. He was a very smart player and I dare say would make a great coach some day.
Lewie seems to be enjoying his part time gig on the ABC Grandstand radio show with Andrew Moore.

Matthew Corner

Juniors
John Morris is a decent human being

The question remains.....

“Do decent humans make effective first grade NRL coaches?”

Probably not.
He needs some sociopathic training if he is going to make it.
I’m sure bomber has a few contacts in his phone to learn from if he wishes to finesse the dark arts of human manipulation

bluefox68

Staff member
John Morris is a decent human being

The question remains.....

“Do decent humans make effective first grade NRL coaches?”

Probably not.
He needs some sociopathic training if he is going to make it.
I’m sure bomber has a few contacts in his phone to learn from if he wishes to finesse the dark arts of human manipulation
That’s true:

Bellamy
Hasler
Gould

carcharias

Immortal
Morris had the team to be top 4

Couldn’t get them up for it.
He’s the coach
That’s his job.

Loads of experience in the team.
It could coach itself.

Pretty average report card from me so far.
We lose on Sunday and he is wasting the clubs time.

Quicksilver

Bench
Morris had the team to be top 4

Couldn’t get them up for it.
He’s the coach
That’s his job.

Loads of experience in the team.
It could coach itself.

Pretty average report card from me so far.
We lose on Sunday and he is wasting the clubs time.

I would usually agree for a team of this calibre skill-wise. But this seems to be a particularity temperamental team in terms of head space.

snout

First Grade
Yeah but...no but.

Look at the guys with teams sitting top of the table.
They all have at least 1 guy as sssistant who has coached first grade or could coach first grade.
Its way more than a 1 man job.

Morris.
Not only his first year but has numbnuts sitting beside him.
Not only is dymock dumb. Hes a flanno man. He interviewed for morris's job and was unsuccessful.

All the hallmarks for success.

If we are serious nek year.
Truly serious.
Morris gets a neil henry. Hook griffin. Dare l dream and say a Tim sheens or beesting.

Someone whos been there and had success and is an old head. Dymock can go back to eating donuts fulltime.

Trouble is obviously no moola.

Last edited:

Omnishark2

Juniors
Truly serious.
Morris gets a neil henry. Hook griffin. Dare l dream and say a Tim sheens or beesting.

Someone whos been there and had success and is an old head. Dymock can go back to eating donuts fulltime.
Yep I agree we need to give Dymock the bullet.
But definitely not Sheens as an assistant - he is way past it, the retirement home beckons for Timmy.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Yeah but...no but.

Look at the guys with teams sitting top of the table.
They all have at least 1 guy who has coached first grade or could coach first grade.
Its way more than a 1 man job.

Morris.
Not only his first year but has numbnuts sitting beside him.
Not only is dymock dumb. Hes a flanno man. He interviewed for morris's job and was unsuccessful.

All the hallmarks for success.

Truly serious.

Trouble is obviously no moola.
Hit the nail on the head there Snout.... would there be a cheaper combo on the market than Bomber and Dymock? I like Bomber and think he'll make a decent coach but his resources are pretty limited compared to others.

carcharias

Immortal
I would say Flanagan’s failure in 2017 and 2018 to not get the team further into the finals was a greater failure than a rookie coach who has an elderly pack and an injured backline

Flano has the slight problem of trying to get them up after winning the comp.

Losing Ennis and Barba arguably our 2 best players didn’t help.

shaggs

Coach
Flano has the slight problem of trying to get them up after winning the comp.

Losing Ennis and Barba arguably our 2 best players didn’t help.
But for an experienced coach, this shouldn’t be a problem. Does Bellamy have that issue? Does it look like Robinson does,?

To be honest we could have frank farina coaching us and I’d say he was doing a better job than flanno

carcharias

Immortal
But for an experienced coach, this shouldn’t be a problem. Does Bellamy have that issue? Does it look like Robinson does,?

To be honest we could have frank farina coaching us and I’d say he was doing a better job than flanno

Huh?

No coach has gone back to back for yoinks

Flano built the team and won a comp.

What’s Morris done?

carcharias

Immortal
In fact
Flano came in 20 times worse off than Morris.
Club wise
Team wise
Success wise

Morris has got s team with
Fifita
Graham
Moylan
Johnson
Dugan
Gallen
Townsend
Prior
All rep players and or grand final winners

Plus Brailey, Xerri

Seriously we should be in the 8.
Seriously we should be beating merkins like the dogs the panthers minus Maloney and we better f**king beat the Stains.

Flanno made some horrendous recruitment decisions in his last couple of seasons at the helm.

How he could rubber stamp Dugan for 4 f**king years with his injury history, discipline history and lack of team first history for big bucks when he was hardly in huge demand is beyond me.

Signing Seumanufagai added nothing to the team.

Signing Aaron Gray was a face palm of a signing.

Matt Moylan spends half year in rehab and half on the footy field. When he’s on the footy field he’ll have a diabolical game one week and look good the next game. He is hardly the player that is going to take you all the way in consecutive finals games and win the Comp.

The jury is still out on Johnson on whether we have greatly overpaid for a player who has definitely lost his high end speed and now relies on just his step and passing game.

John Morris is in his rookie year as a coach. He’s made mistakes like rookie players make mistakes. He’s taken on the job at the end of a pre season and had no say on the roster. He’s had to deal with some massive egos and kept things relatively stable at a time the Footy Club has been anything but stable.

I’m patient to give him time to find his feet and not write him off after one season that has yet to be completed. Hell some here love Nathan Brown and he’s done f**k all for how many years????

Aside from the fact Morris is probably all we can afford at the moment. In Morris we have a coach who knows these juniors coming through back to front and will be ideal to bring them through to First Grade. Right now with our salary cap situation this is where our next few seasons will rely on. Actually being forced down this track might be just the medicine this team needs.

Last edited: