What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22: Parra v Titans LIVE GAME DAY thread 16/8/19

Noise

Coach
Agree, although it will depend on who we replace him with.
I reckon Marata at this stage of his career will only offer about 60% of what Ma'u brings so we definitely need someone else, at least short term. Not a lot out there that are off-contract but contracts being what they are, that doesn't really limit us.
I heard a name thrown about last week that if true, and if it happened, would be the signing coup of BA's career to date and definitely reduce the impact of losing Ma'u (dare I say might be an improvement even).
Crichton or wade Graham?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Agree, although it will depend on who we replace him with.
I reckon Marata at this stage of his career will only offer about 60% of what Ma'u brings so we definitely need someone else, at least short term. Not a lot out there that are off-contract but contracts being what they are, that doesn't really limit us.
I heard a name thrown about last week that if true, and if it happened, would be the signing coup of BA's career to date and definitely reduce the impact of losing Ma'u (dare I say might be an improvement even).
SBW to make a final swan song?

emjaycee

Coach
Sorry guys, this is one I cannot confirm or deny even if someone guesses correctly.
It wouldn't be worth losing my source/sauce over ;)

Kornstar

Coach
Graham is 29 in October, surely people would melt down signing someone that age?

For the record, i wouldn’t complain but i know people like to whinge about singing “old” players.

Noise

Coach
The only potential upgrades on Mau would be D Fifita (mjc said it’s some else), Graham, Tariq Sims, Tyson Frizzell and Crichton. I’d bet Gutfuls left nut it’s one of them.

emjaycee

Coach
The only potential upgrades on Mau would be D Fifita (mjc said it’s some else), Graham, Tariq Sims, Tyson Frizzell and Crichton. I’d bet Gutfuls left nut it’s one of them.
Any reason you didnt include Kikau in that list?

#justwondering

Noise

Coach
Any reason you didnt include Kikau in that list?

#justwondering
I though about him but figured his defense is quite poor. And also I don’t really care if Gutful lost his nut in the bet. Would be happy with Kikau though

hindy111

Post Whore
Improved but ineffective. If I were a young player in the 30 (+5) and watched Tepais and Terepos recent contributions be it controlled by coach and or player, Id be pretty damn annoyed. My form in the Regies might even deteoriate as a result.
Salmon, Oregan, Kafusi and Stefano can and should feel hard done by.
Development Club.

Agree. No nuts or passion. Look at Nikuore who charges like a bull.
Terepo needs game time and will come good. Alvaro was very good last night I thought. Lost a lot of weight and looks more powerful and agile.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Yeah, I gotta agree.
Nrown taking the 4th with a settler is happening too much to be just him... it is part of the game plan for sure. He only does it when we are in the middle third of the field so Moses can set up on whatever side he wants for the play he wants. And I reckon the slower play the balls are part of this plan as well.

I reckon is 4th tackle settlers are so when we do spread it then it's a suprise.
Last season town was passing far too much and it become predicatable

We got some huge matches coming up, and are in the finals. Hopefully a tactic we are using to throw a scent out to other coaches when they analyse what we are doing, but we end up attacking to throw their plan out the window