What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22: Parra v Titans LIVE GAME DAY thread 16/8/19

Glenneel

Bench
Agree. No nuts or passion. Look at Nikuore who charges like a bull.
Terepo needs game time and will come good. Alvaro was very good last night I thought. Lost a lot of weight and looks more powerful and agile.
Niukore needs a good off-season to develop his offload/passing game. About only thing missing in his game atm.

Gronk

Staff member
Probably someone like Kevin Proctor or one of those ex Storm merkins who are never the same once they leave the Mexico system.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree, although it will depend on who we replace him with.
I reckon Marata at this stage of his career will only offer about 60% of what Ma'u brings so we definitely need someone else, at least short term. Not a lot out there that are off-contract but contracts being what they are, that doesn't really limit us.
I heard a name thrown about last week that if true, and if it happened, would be the signing coup of BA's career to date and definitely reduce the impact of losing Ma'u (dare I say might be an improvement even).

Marata will bring more power then Manu but lack the offload ability and foot work. Manu played great the last few weeks but there are a lot better 2nd rowers in general play. He is replaceable. And better a year early then late. Lane would be harder to replace due to the price tag. Manu last contract would of been handsome so we will have cash to splash.

hindy111

Post Whore
Any reason you didnt include Kikau in that list?

#justwondering

Kikau seems to have been worked out. Or Panthers arent using him well. I've gone off him a little cause he plays a bit like a wimp. Loves a fancy run but doesnt do anything tough. Manu is a mongrel. Marata even has some mongrel about him. Kikau needs some venom rather then running like a centre.
I'd prefer the vicous fish.

hindy111

Post Whore
11 runs, 115m, 30 odd tackles, and the try.

Still gets underrated, very handy first grader at worst

Even Dad said gee he lost some weight. Looks fit. When he scored that try his acceleration was excellent. His PCM very good too. Tale the 15mtr dart for try and its 42pcms from 100mtrs.

Lanes PCMS.where exceptional.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Kikau seems to have been worked out. Or Panthers arent using him well. I've gone off him a little cause he plays a bit like a wimp. Loves a fancy run but doesnt do anything tough. Manu is a mongrel. Marata even has some mongrel about him. Kikau needs some venom rather then running like a centre.
I'd prefer the vicous fish.

Manu will be a huge loss.

I think he is irreplaceable, tbh.

Speed, footwork, skill, aggression...a truly magnificent player, and an Eels legend.

I understand why he is leaving, and I applaud the club for making that call - but gee, Manu has been an incredible player for us.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The only potential upgrades on Mau would be D Fifita (mjc said it’s some else), Graham, Tariq Sims, Tyson Frizzell and Crichton. I’d bet Gutfuls left nut it’s one of them.

Tbh, the only player there that is an out and out upgrade on Ma'u is Graham (and down the line, maybe Fifita), imo.

Sims, Frizzell, and Cricthon are all very good players, but honestly, I think Ma'u is a better player.

Gronk

Staff member
I want to talk about Ma'u's offload for Blake's second try...

Just...wow. That was one of the best passes I have ever seen!

I was trying to think who Blake reminded me off. A big frame merkin who runs powerfully yet very well balanced. Then it dawned on me. Who else but the ultimate athlete?

[By the way, wasn’t he offside? :thinking:]

Noise

Coach
Tbh, the only player there that is an out and out upgrade on Ma'u is Graham (and down the line, maybe Fifita), imo.

Sims, Frizzell, and Cricthon are all very good players, but honestly, I think Ma'u is a better player.
MJC said ‘might’ be an improvement. I think they would all be good replacements.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I was trying to think who Blake reminded me off. A big frame merkin who runs powerfully yet very well balanced. Then it dawned on me. Who else but the ultimate athlete?

[By the way, wasn’t he offside? :thinking:]

I think he was just onside.

But good call - Blake is powerful, yet graceful.

A brilliant signing.

Latest posts