What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

Spot On

Coach
Can we say that about all positions?

Brailey an upgrade on Levi.

Any lucky signings to come before season 2020?

Old dog

Juniors
As I have previously said, we don’t need to change the team much, some are/will leave and they should be replaced with quality players in needed positions. Wholesale changing isn’t the answer. Even if team was unchanged for next season it is good enough to make top 8 but to do so they must come together as a team and work for each other, new players won’t necessarily change that. Pearce, Ponga, Klemmer are our main men and hopefully for 2-3 years, we just need to build around them.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
I think we need to hit the market for a couple of outside backs, with SKD leaving we are going to be left pretty short on depth. I wouldn’t mind if Best and Toa get first crack in round 1 next year but we need at least 2-3 more decent outside backs in the squad imo.

Our 5/8 spot is still an issue but I’d be ok with Lino keeping his place for the time being, his best is definitely good enough but he needs to produce it more often.

Apart from that maybe an extra forward or two but the squad needs to be hardened up rather than making mass changes. Given that O’Brien comes from a couple of clubs that have a reputation for having the best defence I would hope that this is the major focus for 2020.

Yosh

Coach
I really like Herman as a player but we seem unbalanced in the forwards.

Middle
Klem
Dan
Jacob
Herman
Gavet
King
Momoisea
Saulo
Glasby

Middle/Edge
Barnett
Guerra

Edge
Fitz
Fermor (coming back from ACL)

And we are looking at Jai Arrow, another middle.

What's the master? Plan? I do like Ese'ese so I hope he stays.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I think we need to hit the market for a couple of outside backs, with SKD leaving we are going to be left pretty short on depth. I wouldn’t mind if Best and Toa get first crack in round 1 next year but we need at least 2-3 more decent outside backs in the squad imo.

Our 5/8 spot is still an issue but I’d be ok with Lino keeping his place for the time being, his best is definitely good enough but he needs to produce it more often.

Apart from that maybe an extra forward or two but the squad needs to be hardened up rather than making mass changes. Given that O’Brien comes from a couple of clubs that have a reputation for having the best defence I would hope that this is the major focus for 2020.
I dont want to see wholesale changes either if the new coach can change the mindset of the players we have. They are capable of better things than we've seen from them.

In bold are players gone or certain to be gone IMO - total 11. The new coach does have some room to recruit the players we need to take us to the next level.

Off contract now

Jamie Buhrer, Slade Griffin, Hymel Hunt, Brodie Jones, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Zac Woolford

6 players off contract

Off contract end of 2020

Mitch Barnett, Herman Ese'ese, Beau Fermor, James Gavet, Aidan Guerra, Josh King, Danny Levi, Mason Lino, Tautau Moga, Jesse Ramien, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti, Simi Sasagi, Pasami Saulo, Connor Watson

15 players off contract

General Knight

Juniors
Would love to have an explosive forward. We have too many middles that play the same or have the same build - Slow lumbering middles with minimal ball playing or immobile edge players.

Latest posts