What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

TruSaint

Referee
I would suggest Gus's decision NOT to go for Cleary has been justified.

As to Gus's private matters re gambling, etc... NFI and irrelevant. This is not about Gould. Its about the Dragons board.

I would suggest Gus's decision NOT to go for Cleary has been justified.

As to Gus's private matters re gambling, etc... NFI and irrelevant. This is not about Gould. Its about the Dragons board.

The first one is a fair point but his public relations tackle on Hook was unjustifiable and showed very poor judgment.

The board is no longer capable of making of decisions in the clubs best interests as evidenced by the retention of Mary, the resources thrown into this lost cause and the assistance asked of someone who is totally compromised. That is how the board and Gus are connected.

I have spared everyone the detail of Gus’s past ( ie finished) wagering history. I am glad hes moved well forward on that front.

You know Nathan Hindmarsh does a lot of charity work to help problem gamblers which he used to be.
Hero.

TruSaint

Referee
The first one is a fair point but his public relations tackle on Hook was unjustifiable and showed very poor judgment.

The board is no longer capable of making of decisions in the clubs best interests as evidenced by the retention of Mary, the resources thrown into this lost cause and the assistance asked of someone who is totally compromised.

I have spared everyone the detail of Gus’s past ( ie finished) wagering history. I am glad hes moved well forward on that front.

You know Nathan Hindmarsh does a lot of charity work to help problem gamblers which he used to be.
Hero.

My post said, the issue lies with our board. Not Mary, not some 3rd party consultant. If they, as you rightly say, "are no longer capable", then by engaging Gus, that is on them. If they extend Mary's contract, then again its on them NOT Mary. Should they then engage / contract Gus on some part time role, I cant blame Gus.

Gus looks after himself and his family, as does McGregor.

The board should be looking after the well being of a failing club.

Bench
If Mary survives then Gould will surely cop it from us supporters. If it was above board the coach and his record would be the first item on the agenda.
Of course BJ will bring out that we can’t afford to pay him out, ready made excuse.
Gould is supposed to be the guru of all things league.
The review is not binding on the Board to act upon and I doubt anyone outside the Board will see it.
We are supposed to have no wiggle room in the cap so that will be another issue with player retention.
Gould could end up with egg on his face and won’t be held as league Guru.
He is just a player with a big ego.

BLM01

First Grade
The Mary methods and one our running and errors have crept into the women's team watching them lose.
Dragons Footy. Our past is not our future.
Dont forget our women's side picked up the spoon last year.
Maybe it is another Mary type coach

Gould gets invited in for a review and the next thing is the short term gratis role turns into an alleged consultancy that could stretch on for years.

The Mary and Gus show, like one problem isn’t enough.

And there’s no way Gus will be front and centre after a loss. He might come up with better excuses, but that’s not hard.

Seibold took it well tonight. He said he wasn’t going to apologise... because he’d done his utmost Another ego, but something a bit more mature than “x minutes away.” He didn’t ask for pity. He blamed himself and the side, in that order.

Showed more composure under rugby league nuclear devastation conditions than Mary shows after a win.

And that’s without woeful cuddling media.

The broncos start their preseason on Wednesday.

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
If Mary survives then Gould will surely cop it from us supporters. If it was above board the coach and his record would be the first item on the agenda.
Of course BJ will bring out that we can’t afford to pay him out, ready made excuse.
Gould is supposed to be the guru of all things league.
The review is not binding on the Board to act upon and I doubt anyone outside the Board will see it.
We are supposed to have no wiggle room in the cap so that will be another issue with player retention.
Gould could end up with egg on his face and won’t be held as league Guru.
He is just a player with a big ego.

What do you mean “if”?

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Watching the Matty Johns sshow a few weeks ago they asked players which advice from a coach was the worst they had in their career. Damien Cooks said when he was in lower grades at Saints, Mary teared strips out of him after a game and more or less blamed him for losing them the game........Damien Cook is now the best hooker in the game playing all rep teams and more importantly playing for Souths. Well done Mary. Probably got moved on due to Mary and hence why they stuck with Rein.

So he tears strips out of Cook for playing badly and rewards Lafai and Aitken for playing well. Top coach.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Watching the Matty Johns sshow a few weeks ago they asked players which advice from a coach was the worst they had in their career. Damien Cooks said when he was in lower grades at Saints, Mary teared strips out of him after a game and more or less blamed him for losing them the game........Damien Cook is now the best hooker in the game playing all rep teams and more importantly playing for Souths. Well done Mary. Probably got moved on due to Mary and hence why they stuck with Rein.

So he tears strips out of Cook for playing badly and rewards Lafai and Aitken for playing well. Top coach.

Definitely not defending him, but when did McIdiot coach SGI lower grades?

St Georgio

Juniors

Uh Well Mr Perfect Knows it all!

Total Package

Juniors
Definitely not defending him, but when did McIdiot coach SGI lower grades?

McGregor coached the Cutters for 2 seasons and didn't do much with them. I recall one of his excuses why it was tough to get them playing with cohesion was because the players were part timers and he didn't have them all at training at the same time.

Then Jason Demetriou took over basically the same team and lead them to winning the state premiership and then the state championship

Sgi high level player retention and recruitment meeting:

Bj: who the fek is this cook kid on our books Mary? Never heard of him. Is there a mistake?

Mary: nah boss, I just got stuck into him. He’s as slow as an friggin oxe and wont amount to anything. Loser written all over him. But there’s a bloke named Dufty I’m ready to sign up for 5 years.

sco22

Juniors

Bj: who the fek is this cook kid on our books Mary? Never heard of him. Is there a mistake?

Mary: nah boss, I just got stuck into him. He’s as slow as an friggin oxe and wont amount to anything. Loser written all over him. But there’s a bloke named Dufty I’m ready to sign up for 5 years.
You guys know cookie is a national beach sprint champ. The imposter is just a prick.

BLM01

First Grade

And here I am still thinking...this guy supports the Tigers :confused:. Gold Phantom!
But I think you meant to say Rein..not Dufty back in 2013 when Cook departed.

But on Cook...he appears to be running round in circles a lot last few weeks...
Good teams have worked him out that most dummy half runs he is isolated cause no one can keep up with him.
But he and the Bunnies are looking bit more tired after a long season.
The Cook is Cooked for this year

As i said earlier there are so many similarities between the Dragons of 09 and Bunnies of 19 in regards to how the whole season has played out. We went out in straight sets in 09 and I still think the Bunnies will do the same this year
So does that mean the Bunnies win the comp next year beating the Roosters in the GF and Melb get done again for salary cap rorting, their 2012 & 2017 premierships revoked and playing for no points from Round 6 onwards.:p
Cmon Wayne you can do it.

hazzbeen

Bench
Just on Cook , not 100% on this but didn't he come back to us after he went to the Bulldogs , then we let him go again ...... Or maybe it was a dream of hope at the time ....

And here I am still thinking...this guy supports the Tigers :confused:. Gold Phantom!
But I think you meant to say Rein..not Dufty back in 2013 when Cook departed.

But on Cook...he appears to be running round in circles a lot last few weeks...
Good teams have worked him out that most dummy half runs he is isolated cause no one can keep up with him.
But he and the Bunnies are looking bit more tired after a long season.
The Cook is Cooked for this year

As i said earlier there are so many similarities between the Dragons of 09 and Bunnies of 19 in regards to how the whole season has played out. We went out in straight sets in 09 and I still think the Bunnies will do the same this year
So does that mean the Bunnies win the comp next year beating the Roosters in the GF and Melb get done again for salary cap rorting, their 2012 & 2017 premierships revoked and playing for no points from Round 6 onwards.:p
Cmon Wayne you can do it.

Thanks for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

I think the rabbits will bounce back v manly but my smokies are the raiders.

Beautifully chilled and composed side. They never panic, when things go wrong, they just let out a quiet sigh and get right back into it with twice the venom.

Marys idea of composure is frantically trying to find gus amongst the pokie machines at the rooty hill rsl.

There’s old Gus in the corner sipping on a warm Diet Coke, watching an old bloke losing and waiting to hop on afterwards with his $20 to jag a win.

He bumps into this creep along the way:

E61EF6F1-9074-4446-A515-FFE255431A65.jpeg

Mary bad, Ivan worse. Tigers forum: our contempt and dislike for ivan and his bus has no limits.

Nicholl Klockstadt, perhaps one of the best young players I’ve ever seen. Makes ponga seem like he’s on the weed!

Last edited:

Latest posts