What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Frank Facer

First Grade
The point is, if he was so good, why did they see the need to sign Crichton?

I'n not saying Matterson wouldn't be a very good signing, in fact i would welcome it, however, there's more to look into with him.
Now, with Burgess's retirement, I expect the Bunnies to be a strong suitor for him as well if they dont get Fafita.
The fact is that this rumoured swap just makes zero sense ie; How much is Leilua's salary with us, lets say max 300k, Matterson is looking for a significant raise in his current salary, reported at 350k and now wants 800k, add to this it is suggested we are skinny on the salary cap, where do we get the extra $$ from? Offloading xy and z players wont solve it as they would need to be replaced number for number in the top 30 as well.
When Easts signed Crichton, he was looking like he could be anything. He was looking like the prototype edge backrower and I still would be very happy for us to sign him. Matterson had not fully established himself as an edge backrower, but he did so during 2018.

Frank Facer

First Grade
So he’s gone backwards last year?
lol. You really are stupid. lol Comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. I doubt that you do have any strong points. lol

I was obviously talking about when Easts signed Crichton before the 2018 season had started. At the time, Matterson had not established himself as a regular starting edge back rower, but by the end of 2018, he had established himself as an edge backrower. I obviously didn't mention anything about Matterson's 2019 form, but for the record, his 2019 form was very good, while playing in a weaker team than in 2018.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
lol. You really are stupid. lol Comprehension obviously isn't your strong point. I doubt that you do have any strong points. lol

I was obviously talking about when Easts signed Crichton before the 2018 season had started. At the time, Matterson had not established himself as a regular starting edge back rower, but by the end of 2018, he had established himself as an edge backrower. I obviously didn't mention anything about Matterson's 2019 form, but for the record, his 2019 form was very good, while playing in a weaker team than in 2018.
Lol.. Why do you lol try and put your poor lol writing ability lol as everyone else’s lol issue lol?

watatank

Coach
The point is, if he was so good, why did they see the need to sign Crichton?

I'n not saying Matterson wouldn't be a very good signing, in fact i would welcome it, however, there's more to look into with him.
Now, with Burgess's retirement, I expect the Bunnies to be a strong suitor for him as well if they dont get Fafita.
The fact is that this rumoured swap just makes zero sense ie; How much is Leilua's salary with us, lets say max 300k, Matterson is looking for a significant raise in his current salary, reported at 350k and now wants 800k, add to this it is suggested we are skinny on the salary cap, where do we get the extra $$ from? Offloading xy and z players wont solve it as they would need to be replaced number for number in the top 30 as well.

When Crichton was signed, Matterson wasn't fully established at the time. We already know he can play.

As for the rest, I don't know what cap space we have but it looks like the club thinks they can make a competitive offer. We have a few forwards off contract and not a lot of certainty on their future so I can see why we might try, whether we sign him is another matter.

We found a way to fit Norman and Widdop in the team last season, yes it involved Parramatta subsidising but it also involved us letting Mann go. Maybe something like that is going on

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
When Easts signed Crichton, he was looking like he could be anything. He was looking like the prototype edge backrower and I still would be very happy for us to sign him. Matterson had not fully established himself as an edge backrower, but he did so during 2018.
No way would i sign Crichton for the money he would demand and get
Heres a thought. Extend Frizz and sign Matterson and release or use money paying fringie forwards like
Latimore, Kaufusi, Robson, Allgood, Timm? (all gone frees up probs about 600K) maybe 1 other forward Host or K Sims, JDB compo money?..regardless of result he wont be right for season opener and also I think his court case wont be over that quickly, (Graham gone?..or definitely the following year anyway),
We have Vaughan, Kerr, Lawrie, Iwould keep Timm if not to late, Tariq, Luc, Frizz, JDB?, Graham?, Matterson, Eddie Blacker looming and others...Jalal Bazaaz.
We need to buy some good up and comers with some experience for both 1st and depth who wont cost that much who are caught behind teams with good props
e.g. Dogs, Melb, Roosters, Manly, Raiders, Sharks have 2 useful fringe big boppers

Old Timer

Coach

The amateur psychologist likes to try and tell you what it is that you meant rather than work out that his comprehension skills are abysmal.
Those with any semblance of an idea know what you said and meant.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
The amateur psychologist likes to try and tell you what it is that you meant rather than work out that his comprehension skills are abysmal.
Those with any semblance of an idea know what you said and meant.
Now now OT.. If you’d like to have a go at me, please feel free to say it to me directly..

Old Timer

Coach
Now now OT.. If you’d like to have a go at me, please feel free to say it to me directly..
Wow we a re a little sensitive today aren't we

For the record
  • The world doesn't revolve around you nor do you need to be to be directly involved in every exchange between members.
  • You and I both know that by merely mentioning your name in any post you will be cc'd and made aware of it.
  • You were offered the chance of being in the swamp the other day and you didn't avail yourself of that.
  • Having had many confrontations with you and having told you to get f**ked on more than a few occasion as well as having referred to you as a merkin amongst other things I don't see any real need to deal directly with you when my post to Frank was almost complimentary of you.
Almost Christmas muzby and we are still talking isn't life just wonderful?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Wow we a re a little sensitive today aren't we

For the record
  • The world doesn't revolve around you nor do you need to be to be directly involved in every exchange between members.
  • You and I both know that by merely mentioning your name in any post you will be cc'd and made aware of it.
  • You were offered the chance of being in the swamp the other day and you didn't avail yourself of that.
  • Having had many confrontations with you and having told you to get f**ked on more than a few occasion as well as having referred to you as a merkin amongst other things I don't see any real need to deal directly with you when my post to Frank was almost complimentary of you.
Almost Christmas muzby and we are still talking isn't life just wonderful?
No sensitivity.. I just think there is too much petty bitchiness & name calling on here..

BLM01

First Grade
That being the case perhaps the dragons didn't want to give up Luciano...... That's my read on it
100%...instead of the media making the Dragons look like they were in the begging position, the Tigers did not like who we may have offered as a swap?
And now that he is released Dragons can now go on a bidding war if they choose with the Eels and offer no one.

moes

Bench
You’d assume dragons are lining up someone of note to replace those who are departing, but then again it’s the dragons and that won’t be happening. I like Luc, thought he had a good year.

st.phil

Bench
honestly we are just pathetic - this was a bad move with Matterson and of course we missed out there too.

Luch was one of our only shining lights last year - Mary and Millward prefers a plodders like host as he's a "good bloke with a high work ethic" or some BS ... aka a solid white boy. Sorry to take it there but smells like it at times

Latest posts