What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Dragsters

First Grade
Not swapping Luc for Matterson would be daft.
We're talking about a guy who was in the Origin squad this year... For a hot and cold forward.

You're an idiot if you don't think this benefits us hugely.

Disagree.

We would end up with a guy who is good, but not in JDBs league and lose our most creative forward in Leilua.

Net loss imo.

I don't think Maguire is an idiot either...

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Ughhh, one of the most consistent forwards in the comp. Clearly nobody watched him play much this year. He was in my SuperCoach team so I watched nearly all of his games. He f**king carried that Tigers side on his back.

But people are up in arms about the potential of losing a young rocks and diamonds forward who has promised so much and delivered so little.
And for people who don't think Matto is creative.... He plays 5/8 as well. He has plenty of skill in him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He was allowed to leave the roosters because they signed crichton.

The point is, if he was so good, why did they see the need to sign Crichton?

I'n not saying Matterson wouldn't be a very good signing, in fact i would welcome it, however, there's more to look into with him.
Now, with Burgess's retirement, I expect the Bunnies to be a strong suitor for him as well if they dont get Fafita.
The fact is that this rumoured swap just makes zero sense ie; How much is Leilua's salary with us, lets say max 300k, Matterson is looking for a significant raise in his current salary, reported at 350k and now wants 800k, add to this it is suggested we are skinny on the salary cap, where do we get the extra $$ from? Offloading xy and z players wont solve it as they would need to be replaced number for number in the top 30 as well.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Ughhh, one of the most consistent forwards in the comp. Clearly nobody watched him play much this year. He was in my SuperCoach team so I watched nearly all of his games. He f**king carried that Tigers side on his back.

But people are up in arms about the potential of losing a young rocks and diamonds forward who has promised so much and delivered so little.
And for people who don't think Matto is creative.... He plays 5/8 as well. He has plenty of skill in him.

I agree Luc really has been a hot & cold player, if not a lazy player but that might have something to do with the coach. The tougher coaches would have him firing regularly, you would think.

Dragsters

First Grade

Settle Tom.

I like matto. I think he is worth going after. I just don't think a swap with Luc is the best way to get him.

The tigpies are the ones who need to unload him as he clearly does not want to be there and/or they don't want him.

We should be calling the shots on this one, not them.

For example, Host and some cash would be a better deal for us...

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Settle Tom.

I like matto. I think he is worth going after. I just don't think a swap with Luc is the best way to get him.

The tigpies are the ones who need to unload him as he clearly does not want to be there and/or they don't want him.

For all we know, Millward offered Luciano to them for Matto. They might have been our terms.

Host was always being let go. He was never ours to offer up.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Pardon the pun what a cock up when referring to JDB (no I'm Gunna spell it out one last time)Jack De Belin. I loved him he was the starch in our improving Forward Pack that cut opposition players in halve. All I can say now is that cock up has screwed our season and we still don't know whose coming or going for next season. f**k me what happened to a club that had the cleanest noses in the NRL (well to my knowledge).

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I love Luciano but there is no doubt if I think with my brain rather than emotion Matterson is an immediate upgrade. The sky is the limit for Luciano but whether he reaches that potential remains to be seen he could end up the next Taumololo or he could end up the next Feleti Mateo who knows. Matterson is a player on the cusp of origin who can play backrow, 5/8 or centre. I’d take him in a heartbeat.

possm

Coach
Settle Tom.

Yes Millward is doing a fine job!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just on Matterson. He was allowed to leave the Roosters, now he is allowed to leave the Tigers. Both Robinson and Maguire noted as hardline coaches. Anyone see a pattern here?
Matterson left Easts because they signed Crichton and Matterson was looking at being benched. Easts were happy to let him go. From what I am reading/hearing regarding Matterson wanting out of Wests, is because his manager now believes he is worth more than (I think) 350K a season that he is currently on. I also believe he is worth a lot more than 350K a season. I would be very happy for us to sign him, but I don't want us to lose Lucky, who I think has a very big future ahead of him at prop.

Latest posts