What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

Quicksilver

Bench
Well I suppose the logic there is it's what, one train, two tops, to get to Carlton, where as it could be as many as three to get to Parramatta, and more than double the journey time?

Yep. More than double. I'd say 4 or 5 times longer. Maybe 6 times longer. Both ways of course. And the train line isn't exactly direct. Missed connections etc.

That's a massive get f**ked for most people, except for maybe once or twice a year. Not a sustainable option for a main home at all. So why bother at all.

The logic is

BankWest is about a billion times more inviting than OKI.
There is a heap of other entertainment and food options in its doorstep too.

oki has a prehistoric leagues club or a pub a mile away.

You’re there for two years so make what you can out of a bad situation. Pick your nose and leave the contents under a seat. Take a dump where you’re not meant to. Use your imagination but leave your mark on the ground.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I’d be interested to see how many Sharks Fan are prepared to travel to that cesspit in Kogarah.
I got tix
Doesn’t necessarily mean I’ll go though.

I thought your memberships might have been a bit of a bargain this year to entice fans to go but looks like they are same as previously.

carcharias

Immortal
Yep. More than double. I'd say 4 or 5 times longer. Maybe 6 times longer. Both ways of course. And the train line isn't exactly direct. Missed connections etc.

That's a massive get f**ked for most people, except for maybe once or twice a year. Not a sustainable option for a main home at all. So why bother at all.
You should’ve read what I wrote
BankWest a few times a year in good times slots .
Not play out of there full stop.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Once again, it was clear that we we talking souths.
The discussion stemmed from NRL clubs struggling to attract members.

South Sydney currently have the largest membership base (given the Broncos aren't reporting numbers), and traditionally are 1st or 2nd in memberships.

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
The discussion stemmed from NRL clubs struggling to attract members.

South Sydney currently have the largest membership base (given the Broncos aren't reporting numbers), and traditionally are 1st or 2nd in memberships.

I was speaking to Perth Red about season ticket holders

posts 132, 133 & 134 then you chimed in

Quicksilver

Bench

We can go there when we play Parramatta.

We're not going to get people to travel that far from the Shire. very few do it for any away games. It doesn't become more convenient because it's called a home game.

carcharias

Immortal
We can go there when we play Parramatta.

We're not going to get people to travel that far from the Shire. very few do it for any away games. It doesn't become more convenient because it's called a home game.

it’s a few games over 2 years as a gimmick.
If the NRL had any f**king brains they’d make it a double header on a long weekend.
We aren’t the only team without a home ground for the next 2 years.

4 Sydney teams play at the one ground on one day.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I reckon that’s even to high and there is bugger all desire to grow it by the looks of it.

managed with a bit of vision and intent and it could be inxs of 20k

ANZ is always going to limit them, its a sht venue to watch club RL at so why would you want to commit to watching every game there?

Billythekid

First Grade
Seems the push for membership growth has stalled. I mean that in the sense that not only are the numbers stalling but the push from the NRL and the clubs to some point has also dried up.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems the push for membership growth has stalled. I mean that in the sense that not only are the numbers stalling but the push from the NRL and the clubs to some point has also dried up.

I'm really surprised I havent had any emails leading up to Christmas encouraging membership purchase, Perthgame ticket purchase or merch for Xmas present ideas.
NRL and a number of clubs have my email and haven't had anything. Seems despite everything clubs still arent being run as good commercial businesses.
I have had a heap of emails and offers from my SL club.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not Flexi. Flexi is where the club offers a set number of tickets that can be used by the member at their discretion. Flexi 5 for example could be used for 5 people at one game, 1 person at five games, 3 people at 2 games then the remaining three for 1 person at different games and so on.

Hope that makes sense. That said my list might be slightly inaccurate, I mostly looked for the title.

yadamisha

Juniors
The players did not want multiple grounds as a home ground hence Kogarah. I normally sit in upper ET and our new seats are exactly the same location as home with all the same people around us. Will actually be easier to get to Carlton than Woolooware by train for me.

Latest posts