What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Hi Callmack
Was telling some of the boys here that I went to Redfern oval yesterday to watch boys train
Got a couple pics with Cookie and Cam then had a quick chat with Latrell and his father Matt because we are from the same town
Trying to upload a training video for you but wont upload because of size...bugger

Obviously we have no idea of the conversation between Doueihi and Wayne. However, I think the media is twisting some words a bit. Wayne hasn't told him to leave and he hasn't told him he's not wanted, he's just told Adam that if he wants to chase another oppotunity elsewhere, we won't stand in his way. That is exactly the way it should be I feel. If a player wants to leave, why stand in their way?

However, if I was Wayne I would not have told him that. I would have told him he is wanted and that he is in the running for a centre spot. If he puts in the hard work and shines, that left centre spot is his. In my opinion, Doueihi deserves the centre spot because of his form last year. Burns looked great to start 2019 but he needs to prove that he can string a number of games together in reserve grade. That's another reason I'd have Doueihi ahead of him at this stage.

I'd hate to see Doueihi leave but if it happens, that's just the way it is.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Hi Callmack
Was telling some of the boys here that I went to Redfern oval yesterday to watch boys train
Got a couple pics with Cookie and Cam then had a quick chat with Latrell and his father Matt because we are from the same town
Trying to upload a training video for you but wont upload because of size...bugger

What was your opinion of the session? I’ve heard some of our reserves are playing with heaps of confidence.

callmack1

Staff member
Hi Callmack
Awesome mate!!! I'm jealous haha.

What was your opinion of the session and how are the boys looking?

callmack1

Staff member
From Zero Tackle,

Moves that can make Addo-Carr a Rabbitoh for 2020

Despite getting the green light on a release from Melbourne for 2021, Josh Addo-Carr is reportedly keen to move back to Sydney before this coming season.

And don’t rule out Redfern as a destination. Cue the ‘salary sombrero’ comments.

Addo-Carr has made no secret of his desire to return to Sydney, where he grew up and made his NRL debut in 2016, but the question is – where?

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Roosters have all been linked to Origin speedster in recent days, with a report from the Daily Telegraph stating ‘The Fox’ is only earning $330,000 a year at the Storm, chump change in comparison to rival rep wingers in the NRL.

Melbourne have stated they’ll only release Addo-Carr if they can secure a ‘like for like’ replacement.

Enter South Sydney.

Addo-Carr played for the Rabbitohs’ SG Ball team in 2012 while attending Matraville Sports High School, located in South Sydney territory. Add in the fact that the premiership-winner has family around the area.

Not to mention his incredibly close friendship with Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell.

Meanwhile on the Gold Coast, the Titans refuse to release lock-forward Jai Arrow a year early unless they secure a quality forward in return.

Enter the three-team swap deal.

South Sydney could release Adam Doueihi and Alex Johnston from their existing contracts to join the Storm, Johnston’s lightning speed helping to plug Addo-Carr’s departure, while Doueihi can fill in at centre, or in the halves for Craig Bellamy’s side.

This would see the Storm release Addo-Carr to South Sydney, as well as Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to the Titans a year early.

With the Titans securing a quality forward, the club could then be content with releasing Arrow to Redfern in exchange for Dane Gagai and/or some surplus cash, benefitting all three clubs.

Adding the likes of Addo-Carr, Mitchell and Arrow in the pre-season could make South Sydney outright favourites for the premiership, potentially snaring three incumbent Origin stars in one silly season.

Bennett earlier this week advised Doueihi to leave the club in similar circumstances to Jai Arrow leaving Brisbane in 2017, admitting that the South Sydney utility is good enough to be playing NRL, there’s simply no spot for him there.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
From Zero Tackle,

Despite getting the green light on a release from Melbourne for 2021, Josh Addo-Carr is reportedly keen to move back to Sydney before this coming season.

And don’t rule out Redfern as a destination. Cue the ‘salary sombrero’ comments.

Addo-Carr has made no secret of his desire to return to Sydney, where he grew up and made his NRL debut in 2016, but the question is – where?

The Bulldogs, Dragons and Roosters have all been linked to Origin speedster in recent days, with a report from the Daily Telegraph stating ‘The Fox’ is only earning $330,000 a year at the Storm, chump change in comparison to rival rep wingers in the NRL.

Melbourne have stated they’ll only release Addo-Carr if they can secure a ‘like for like’ replacement.

Enter South Sydney.

Addo-Carr played for the Rabbitohs’ SG Ball team in 2012 while attending Matraville Sports High School, located in South Sydney territory. Add in the fact that the premiership-winner has family around the area.

Not to mention his incredibly close friendship with Cody Walker and Latrell Mitchell.

Meanwhile on the Gold Coast, the Titans refuse to release lock-forward Jai Arrow a year early unless they secure a quality forward in return.

South Sydney could release Adam Doueihi and Alex Johnston from their existing contracts to join the Storm, Johnston’s lightning speed helping to plug Addo-Carr’s departure, while Doueihi can fill in at centre, or in the halves for Craig Bellamy’s side.

This would see the Storm release Addo-Carr to South Sydney, as well as Tino Fa’asuamaleaui to the Titans a year early.

With the Titans securing a quality forward, the club could then be content with releasing Arrow to Redfern in exchange for Dane Gagai and/or some surplus cash, benefitting all three clubs.

Adding the likes of Addo-Carr, Mitchell and Arrow in the pre-season could make South Sydney outright favourites for the premiership, potentially snaring three incumbent Origin stars in one silly season.

Bennett earlier this week advised Doueihi to leave the club in similar circumstances to Jai Arrow leaving Brisbane in 2017, admitting that the South Sydney utility is good enough to be playing NRL, there’s simply no spot for him there.
Interesting read.. doubt it will happen, but you never know

Rabbits20

Immortal
From Zero Tackle,

Enter South Sydney.

A lot would have to happen for that to happen, let’s see how it plays out, I’d rather not lose Douiehi though bro, he’s gonna be very important to us, more important imo than what some think.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
From Zero Tackle,

Enter South Sydney.

From Zero Tackle,

Enter South Sydney.

Yeah, I've been hearing this rumour since Nov-Dec from people I know associated with the LaPa Panthers.
I still think the Tigers might be in the mix, but you'd have to have the Chickens as favourites.
Would be great if it goes down, but I can not see it happening without losing Doueihi and more.
Still, I suppose that's the price you pay for landing Latrell and the Fox.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
A lot would have to happen for that to happen, let’s see how it plays out, I’d rather not lose Douiehi though bro, he’s gonna be very important to us, more important imo than what some think.
Totally agree about Adam, anyone who thinks he is "not that important" has rocks in their heads.
I've always tried to be a stand-up guy for local boys, but I'd give up AJ, Gags, Braydon, and Allen to land the Fox and keep Doueihi but it won't happen, because if it was on, it would have already gone down

truthslayer

Juniors
Totally agree about Adam, anyone who thinks he is "not that important" has rocks in their heads.
I've always tried to be a stand-up guy for local boys, but I'd give up AJ, Gags, Braydon, and Allen to land the Fox and keep Doueihi but it won't happen, because if it was on, it would have already gone down
exactly right mate!!! Douehi along with Murray a big part of our future

Travitoh

First Grade
Nobody has said Doueihi is a bad or unimportant player. But why should he stick around for a bench spot at Souths if he gets offered a starting job elsewhere?
At Souths, Doueihi is at least 2 years away from a spine start. Latrell would have to flop hard for AD to regain the 1 jumper while Cody and AR won't be going anywhere soon.
I too would prefer to keep Doueihi at Souths but struggle to see why he would stick around.
Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side.

Awesome mate!!! I'm jealous haha.

What was your opinion of the session and how are the boys looking?
Hi Callmack
Just read that article you posted from another forum regarding the boys training o n Thurday
Pretty good report as to what I saw also
Boys looked sharp but as report said Latrell was at times struggling
They had just the backs run from the tryline to halfway mark and back and Latrell was way behind
The polynesian boys Amone,Mago built like tanks
What was interesting was when all the boys came off the field (signing autographs,photos and heading off to get a feed at back of grandstand) I saw 3 guys come out on to field...Goodwin,Liam Knight and a tall young guy who couldn't work out.....maybe whiz kid Joseph Sualii
By the way ,I had a chat with Adam Douihie (my brother's son and Adam were in the same class) and really didn't want to ask his contract position.Don't think a good time ask
He did eventually have a meal and actually sat in the grandstand
Mate if you want to give me your email and I can try and send that short video of the boys training (including Latrell)
From Zero Tackle,

Enter South Sydney.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Nobody has said Doueihi is a bad or unimportant player. But why should he stick around for a bench spot at Souths if he gets offered a starting job elsewhere?
At Souths, Doueihi is at least 2 years away from a spine start. Latrell would have to flop hard for AD to regain the 1 jumper while Cody and AR won't be going anywhere soon.
I too would prefer to keep Doueihi at Souths but struggle to see why he would stick around.
I think if he stays it’ll be as he knows we have a strong chance of winning a premiership in the next couple of years and being coached by Wayne will be very good for him as he keeps on developing. I did hear his family are Souths diehards as well.

truthslayer

Juniors
Doueihi will force his own way in and if you say he is at least two years away that’s when Souths need him. Doueihi will have a breakout year this season. You don’t let this type of player go. He may start on the bench but he has goals and a starting position will be his.