What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion

Juniors
Well he’s got a lot of people hoping he fails at the moment which he didn’t have before. Public relations disaster. Put himself under enormous scrutiny and pressure with his silly public carry on.

I think he will be highly motivated to start, but it’s a long season. When he misses origin or fails again. He is a troubled lad.

A lot of the hard core rooster players will be anxious for pay back. Robbo will tell them to lay off him which is code...for we know what.

Footy players understand basic justice issues and what needs to be done.

He’s in physical danger-special treatment- and his mates won’t be in that tackle to help him.

I'm unable to speak for others but I for one am not "hoping he fails". What I'm seeing is like watching an imminent train wreck in slow motion.
From what I can tell he's been poorly advised & has too many wankers blowing smoke up his arse [Dickheads like The Mouth Mundine for one]

LM has the potential to succeed at FB but to do so he's going about it the wrong way entirely.
He turns up to camp overweight & lacking condition. For a big unit he needed to turn up - halfway through pre-season training no less - in the best shape of his life.

Has he underestimated the challenge? His head was not in the game last year. As you said "his mind was elsewhere". It looks like he thinks that playing FB will be a walk in the park.

If he fails, as a Tigers supporter I'm going to be relieved more than anything. Relieved that we dodged wasting $1million that could be better spent on players who want to be a Tiger.

Mitchell appears to have the attitude that he's better than his teammates, is bigger than his club & larger than the game itself. That's not going to do him any favours amongst his teammates & I'm certain that there will be many opposition players who are keen to prove him wrong.

Latrell is in for a very tough year that will either make him or break him.
As I agree with your assessment that LM is "Just not tough enough mentally" I'd wager that it will be the latter.

Last edited:

Legion

Juniors
Well he’s got a lot of people hoping he fails at the moment which he didn’t have before. Public relations disaster. Put himself under enormous scrutiny and pressure with his silly public carry on.

I think he will be highly motivated to start, but it’s a long season. When he misses origin or fails again. He is a troubled lad.

A lot of the hard core rooster players will be anxious for pay back. Robbo will tell them to lay off him which is code...for we know what.

Footy players understand basic justice issues and what needs to be done.

He’s in physical danger-special treatment- and his mates won’t be in that tackle to help him.

It's just occurred to me that my above post is not entirely accurate [oops]
I'm actually hoping that he fails at fullback. Rather than accepting & being grateful that he's got the build and talent to be a champion centre, he has unrealistic expectations to be a fullback.

What I wonder, is his motivation? I mean, at centre he gets away with having a bludge when he wanders around with hands on hips. When he's in the mood to support his mates in attack he gets plenty of opportunities to score tries.The centre position suits him on all levels.
At fullback he'll have to work much harder & be focused for 80 minutes.LM does not have the right attitude to play FB.

At the start his excuse for playing silly buggers was 'I have to do what's best for my family'.
Was his desire to move to fullback simply so he could ask for FB money?

So yes, you were right; I'm hoping that he fails at FB. Then he can learn to be grateful for his opportunities to play centre [after having a sook ..... err, I mean has a break to address 'mental health' issues] then settles down, performs to his full potential and has a great career.

From there it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the forwards for his last few seasons. Let's face it, he's only going to get fatter, lol.

Last edited:
Let me make a few brief points:

1. We are certainly moving on from LM. Billy Smith will be an exciting prospect for us, and again we are linked to several players, such as JAC, Bronson Xerri, as well as Sam Perrett's brother, Lloyd, at Brisbane. Life will move on and it certainly seems to be with gusto! Not to mention our inclusion of Nick Davis for the Nines yesterday. That's an interesting move, a marketing ploy probably.

2. I could sit here and wish ill will on LM. I am not going to do that, as I don't want to come across as spiteful, as that is not the Rooster way (as opposed to the Vermin way). Having said that, however, I hope we absolutely cream them (and show him up) in Round 3. Bring it on! I am sure Robbo and the boys will be primed for it.

3. LM's move will certainly cause some instability at Souths. Hopefully clubs, such as you guys, can benefit directly from it. AD would be a good signing, or perhaps JAC (I don't think personally that we will go after him - not our traditional style of winger). I think, if anything, we will snare either Bronson Xerri or Josh Morris (which would be good synergy there if he can meet up and play with his brother). Anyway, it is only about five weeks to go to the Nines. I cannot wait, even though I am enjoying the BBL and NBL.

4. I like the earlier point about Skeletor eventually switching LM back to the centres. Anything could happen with him - you honestly cannot trust a single word that comes out of his mouth. He lied straight out with Jimmy the Jet and now LM. I don't know how he can lay straight in bed. He is really turning into an undesirable so and so in his older age. I think that he is clearly past his used by date TBH.

Last edited:

Legion

Juniors
Let me make a few brief points:

1. We are certainly moving on from LM. Billy Smith will be an exciting prospect for us, and again we are linked to several players, such as JAC, Bronson Xerri, as well as Sam Perrett's brother, Lloyd, at Brisbane. Life will move on and it certainly seems to be with gusto! Not to mention our inclusion of Nick Davis for the Nines yesterday. That's an interesting move, a marketing ploy probably.

2. I could sit here and wish ill will on LM. I am not going to do that, as I don't want to come across as spiteful, as that is not the Rooster way (as opposed to the Vermin way). Having said that, however, I hope we absolutely cream them (and show him up) in Round 3. Bring it on! I am sure Robbo and the boys will be primed for it.

3. LM's move will certainly cause some instability at Souths. Hopefully clubs, such as you guys, can benefit directly from it. AD would be a good signing, or perhaps JAC (I don't think personally that we will go after him - not our traditional style of winger). I think, if anything, we will snare either Bronson Xerri or Josh Morris (which would be good synergy there if he can meet up and play with his brother). Anyway, it is only about five weeks to go to the Nines. I cannot wait, even though I am enjoying the BBL and NBL.

4. I like the earlier point about Skeletor eventually switching LM back to the centres. Anything could happen with him - you honestly cannot trust a single word that comes out of his mouth. He lied straight out with Jimmy the Jet and now LM. I don't know how he can lay straight in bed. He is really turning into an undesirable so and so in his older age. I think that he is clearly past his used by date TBH.

2. Round 3. That game should draw quite a large audience. It would surprise me if the game doesn't draw a large crowd.
One could bet that the media will be beating the drums on that one for sure.

How fortunate is it to get Souths in round 3, long way before Mitchell has had a chance to settle in.
After 3 games Souths wont be able to use the excuse that he hasn't had enough game time, not after LM claiming that FB is his preferred position [suggesting that playing centre was holding him back]

Souths supporters are acting like they've got the premiership in the bag already. [Yes I can't wait to read the Souths supporters comments, especially after the Roosters game, lol]

3. The Morris twins aren't getting younger but they're still playing well. Given just two words to describe them I'd say solid & reliable.
I'd love to have both at the Tigers.

4. Bennet has nothing but contempt for the media which I think has a bit to do with his bald-faced lies. But surely he must realise that by doing so, he's treating all RL fans with that same contempt.
I'm not fond of talking to cops for e.g. [riding Ducati's in my younger days brought me into frequent contact] but I learnt rather quickly, it's better to say nothing than to bullshit.
One would think by his age Bennet would know that. His lies show a lack of morality IMO.

gordsy

Juniors
I think he will either go amazing or it will end in tears and he will be back in the centres by round 18.
Turning up out of shape has only made it harder for him. It means he has to not only lose the weight but adapt to a whole new position and do it quickly. Bennett won't give him all year to learn the ropes.
Souths may be paying him under the table but if his contracts is structured the way the paper says it is they hold the cards and may low ball him or punt him if he doesn't perform.
Reckon they saw this coming and hedged their bets ?

Legion

Juniors
I think he will either go amazing or it will end in tears and he will be back in the centres by round 18.
Turning up out of shape has only made it harder for him. It means he has to not only lose the weight but adapt to a whole new position and do it quickly. Bennett won't give him all year to learn the ropes.
Souths may be paying him under the table but if his contracts is structured the way the paper says it is they hold the cards and may low ball him or punt him if he doesn't perform.
Reckon they saw this coming and hedged their bets ?

It would be safe to bet ones left testicle that they knew exactly what they were doing.

They got Mitchell at half what he was offered by WT & much less than what Easts offered.

If he kills it at FB they get a bargain for the year. If he doesn't then they have a top centre at a really good price. Either way they win.
Then considering all the drama & then all the hoopla about 'coming home' to Souths & the fact that he said "Money isn't everything", it would look really bad if he didn't re-sign with them at seasons end.

To me it looks like the one year deal for cheap was drawn up just to see how he goes.
If he does well at FB they can offer him fullback money [But I'd wager they would not offer him $1mil a season] on a 2-3 year contract.
If he doesn't succeed at FB they offer him a contract to play centre for centre money for a 2-3 year contract.

Yep, they knew exactly what they were doing.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
It would be safe to bet ones left testicle that they knew exactly what they were doing.

They got Mitchell at half what he was offered by WT & much less than what Easts offered.

If he kills it at FB they win. If he doesn't then they have a top centre at a really good price. Either way they win.
Then considering all the drama & then all the hoopla about 'coming home' to Souths & the fact that he said "Money isn't everything", it would look really bad if he didn't resign with them at seasons end.

To me it looks like the one year deal for cheap was drawn up just to see how he goes.
If he does well at FB they can often him fullback money [But I'd wager they would not offer him $1mil a season] on a 3 year contract.
If he doesn't succeed at FB they offer him a contract to play centre for centre money for a 3 year contract.

Yep, they knew exactly what they were doing.

They got a really good deal. Latrell proved he didn't do too well at Maths at school.

All good and valid points Legion, Gordsy and Tiger.

I find it strange that the Rabble appears to have made everyone else believe that they have a monopoly on promoting, managing and developing indigenous players. They don't! We and the Tigers had the best ever indigenous player with us at respective times. You guys had Larry Corowa and others as well. So did we. It will be very interesting to see how they 'look after' Latrell if things turn sour. They would spit him out and offload him quicker than a flash if circumstances don't suit them, I can tell you. The hypocrisy is breathtaking, but not surprising.

They seem to have this hold over the league and I for one find it annoying. Take the Burgess retirement and payout. I wonder how the Bulldogs are feeling about Foran at the moment.

Anyway, you guys have signed Joey. Hopefully things work out better for you with him than they did with us. He has probably gotten older and somewhat more mature, so you might see the best of him. Let's hope you do for your sake.

Tiger05

First Grade
I find it strange that the Rabble appears to have made everyone else believe that they have a monopoly on promoting, managing and developing indigenous players.

If this is true it's pretty funny isn't it. They aren't the indigenous club which to me implies some sort of racism. I love indigenous people doing well at everything. I love indigenous players that play for the Tigers.

So do I, even though their body type and make up probably suits AFL more than league (the Polynesians seem to be a better fit for league). Having said that, indigenous players are fast, and tend to make particularly good wingers or centres.

Arthur Beetson was an immortal, and just so happened to be indigenous. I wonder what he would make of this nonsense.

Furthermore, we have recently created a club reconciliation action plan. I do not want to hear that we do not care about indigenous issues or challenges. Unfortunately, you will not hear about these positive initiatives from mainstream media or certain identities.

Legion

Juniors
I for one am sick to death of the reverse racism.
If I celebrate my Anglo/Saxon/Scandinavian heritage I'm considered a racist.
Just imagine the outrage if I wore a White Pride badge or T-shirt? Or a mouthguard that signifies my ancestry?

People like Mitchell claim they want "equality". Yes, I agree.
Refusing to acknowledge our national anthem is divisive & an insult to all fair minded Aussies.

If there's an Indigenous team then why is there no Anglo/Saxon team? Oh right, that would be 'racist'.
Many of the Indigenous team look as white as the next fella.

The virtue signalling these days is pathetic. We are all supposed to be Australian, equals, with a fair go for everyone. No ones better than the other. Or at least that's how it ought to be.

When The Mouth Mundine was not chosen for rep teams, rather than accepting that it was because there were better players in front of him, he pulled the race card 'Is cos I black' FFS. [What a shame that The Mouth is not more like his father who is a top bloke]
The Mouth suffered from the same issue as Mitchell, inconsistency & a swelled head.
Since Souths claim to look after their indigenous players, at least LM will not be able to pull the race card if he fails at FB.

Please excuse the rant. It's not meant to offend. It's just that I'm sick of the hypocrisy.
It's like the Emperors New Clothes where few are game to speak the truth.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I for one am sick to death of the reverse racism.
If I celebrate my Anglo/Saxon/Scandinavian heritage I'm considered a racist.
Just imagine the outrage if I wore a White Pride badge or T-shirt? Or a mouthguard that signifies my ancestry?

People like Mitchell claim they want "equality". Yes, I agree.
Refusing to acknowledge our national anthem is divisive & an insult to all fair minded Aussies.

If there's an Indigenous team then why is there no Anglo/Saxon team? Oh right, that would be 'racist'.
Many of the Indigenous team look as white as the next fella.

The virtue signalling these days is pathetic. We are all supposed to be Australian, equals, with a fair go for everyone. No ones better than the other. Or at least that's how it ought to be.

When The Mouth Mundine was not chosen for rep teams, rather than accepting that it was because there were better players in front of him, he pulled the race card 'Is cos I black' FFS. [What a shame that The Mouth is not more like his father who is a top bloke]
The Mouth suffered from the same issue as Mitchell, inconsistency & a swelled head.
Since Souths claim to look after their indigenous players, at least LM will not be able to pull the race card if he fails at FB.

Please excuse the rant. It's not meant to offend. It's just that I'm sick of the hypocrisy.
It's like the Emperors New Clothes where few are game to speak the truth.

The difference is that white people in Australia are not a minority, do not experience the level of prejudice that Aboriginal Australians experience, and did mot have 60,000 years of history destroyed. The reason you cannot flaunt White Pride the same way an Inigenous Australian can is simply because it implies the suppression of an indigenous race to further an agenda. I'm not saying this is what your intention is, but it's how it will be perceived.

Both posts are well set out and you can tell they are passionate.

I agree with certain elements of both of them. There are certainly some electrically charged issues among the points, that is for sure.

It will be interesting to see if LM puts as much effort into his footy as he seemed to when he was protesting yesterday with his mates Jimmy and Walker.

The Rosco

Bench
Eastern suburbs Roosters and Wests Tigers are the only teams to have a Premiership winning Indigenous Captains

But yeah, Souffs are the only ones that care about Aboriginals
Vic, I have done some math on this.
Souffs are the self annointed "PRIDE of the league"
GI and Mitchell always bang on about indigenous PRIDE.
I used to have an old PRIDE half cab.
GI got a boat for his old man. And . . .
Mitchell likes fishing in a boat.
So, logically . . . . I could be part indigenous and Souff Sinny are full of shit.

Legion

Juniors
The difference is that white people in Australia are not a minority, do not experience the level of prejudice that Aboriginal Australians experience, and did mot have 60,000 years of history destroyed. The reason you cannot flaunt White Pride the same way an Inigenous Australian can is simply because it implies the suppression of an indigenous race to further an agenda. I'm not saying this is what your intention is, but it's how it will be perceived.

History destroyed? Oh you must mean how the Aboriginals committed wholesale genocide on the original inhabitants, a curly haired pygmy like race.

In the past there's many stories of people being treated terribly. The Irish for example. Just ask Ned Kelly what triggered him.
Ask the young WHITE girls how they felt having their babies stolen from them because they weren't married.
Or maybe ask the orphans from Britain who were treated like slaves & routinely abused by priests or the Irish girls who were treated to a living hell by their nun keepers.

How is it anything different to how some Aboriginals were treated? Is their pain somehow different than a person with white skin?

My Aboriginal neighbours seem hardly oppressed. Their kids are always showing me the free stuff that they get & telling me about the free trips to sporting events around the country because they're 'special'.

Do you bleeding hearts believe in equality Jim? The govt spends in excess of $50K annually on average for every person who claims to be Aboriginal.
The rest of us get $19K. How is that equal? Australia once believed in a fair go for all.

All I hear is bleating about past injustices about people who are long dead by people who had never known them.
It's about time to get over the victim mentality that's not helping anyone.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
History destroyed? Oh you must mean how the Aboriginals committed wholesale genocide on the original inhabitants, a curly haired pygmy like race.

In the past there's many stories of people being treated terribly. The Irish for example. Just ask Ned Kelly what triggered him.
Ask the young WHITE girls how they felt having their babies stolen from them because they weren't married.
Or maybe ask the orphans from Britain who were treated like slaves & routinely abused by priests or the Irish girls who were treated to a living hell by their nun keepers.

How is it anything different to how some Aboriginals were treated? Is their pain somehow different than a person with white skin?

My Aboriginal neighbours seem hardly oppressed. Their kids are always showing me the free stuff that they get & telling me about the free trips to sporting events around the country because they're 'special'.

Do you bleeding hearts believe in equality Jim? The govt spends in excess of $50K annually on average for every person who claims to be Aboriginal.
The rest of us get $19K. How is that equal? Australia once believed in a fair go for all.

All I hear is bleating about past injustices about people who are long dead by people who had never known them.
It's about time to get over the victim mentality that's not helping anyone.
Well said Legion.
I invite anyone to come to Cairns for a week and see what they get up to. Ill take you on a trip across the top end if you like. Its an amazing scene.
Those idiots marching in the capital cities would not have the faintest idea of what they are talking about.

Tigerm

First Grade
I see LM has been named as FB in the Allstars game, will be interesting to see how he goes.

INDIGENOUS ALL STARS: Josh Addo-Carr, Josh Curran, Adam Elliott, Blake Ferguson, Andrew Fifita, David Fifita, Wade Graham, Ryan James, Josh Kerr, Alex Johnston, Latrell Mitchell, Tyrone Peachey, Nathan Peats, Jesse Ramien, James Roberts, Tyrone Roberts, Joel Thompson, Cody Walker, Connor Watson, Jack Wighton. Coach: Laurie Daley

MAORI ALL STARS: Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Corey Harawira-Naera, Jahrome Hughes, Isaac Luke, Esarn Masters, Briton Nikora, Kodi Nikorima, Kalyn Ponga, Kevin Proctor, Bailey Simonsson, Brandon Smith, Brad Takairangi, James Tamou, Zane Tetevano, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Malaki Watene-Zelezniak. Coach: David Kidwell.

I didn't realise some of the IAS players were aboriginal? e.g. Andrew Fifita? Didn't he play for Tonga in the last world cup? Or don't you have to be an Indigenous Australian to play in the team?

Last edited:

Latest posts