What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legion

Juniors
Well said Legion.
I invite anyone to come to Cairns for a week and see what they get up to. Ill take you on a trip across the top end if you like. Its an amazing scene.
Those idiots marching in the capital cities would not have the faintest idea of what they are talking about.

Thanks Stryker. The world has become so politically correct [a Loony Left construct that is designed to shout down any disagreement no matter how close to the truth it may be] that I wasn't expecting a reply in agreement.

Cairns? Mate I was there in 1976 for several weeks. My goodness, what a different world.
Beautiful country though [Well, for 6 months of the year. How do you stand the wet season?]

Back in the mid to late 80s I worked around Bourke & along the Darling River. Despite the heat in Summer I love the outback.
The reverse racism was insane. Unless one could claim Aboriginality one had no chance of scoring a govt job. Only a decade or so before most of the 1/16th Aboriginals denied any connection. Funny that.
There's a huge turnover in teachers & health professionals that has nothing to do with the 'isolation' [the excuse used by apologists] They get sick of walking on eggshells, the accusations of 'racist' when a black fella doesn't get his/her way & the protocols that get in the way of doing their job.

Business's close because they're unable to 'discriminate' against blacks. e.g. The video store closed up when the owner refused to rent TVs VCRs or tapes to those who lived on the local reservation because if stuff did return, "It's buggered boss" after being left on a tree stump 24/7 until it filled with dirt &/or rain.
The store owner simply could not absorb the losses so he closed shop & the whole town suffered.

When I first landed along the Darling I was one of those "idiots" to which you refer. I had no clue until ..... One part of my education was some of the housing that I saw. Deplorable conditions. When I espoused my opinion my co-workers went silent until one wise old fella said "Pretty bad huh?" referring to a group of houses. When I agreed he said "Those were built less than 3 years ago." The inhabitants had destroyed them, turned their surrounds into a garbage tip, then bleat "Look at how we're forced to live!" SMFH

You're dead right about the "idiots". Most of the agitators are 1/16 professional shit-stirrers with govt jobs. I'd love to take anyone who thinks that the 'poor black fella' is oppressed out to the back o' Bourke for a week. [Or send them for a walk down 'the wrong end' of Wilcannia & see how long they stay in one piece] Their attitudes would change rather fast I'd say.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
I see LM has been named as FB in the Allstars game, will be interesting to see how he goes.

INDIGENOUS ALL STARS: Josh Addo-Carr, Josh Curran, Adam Elliott, Blake Ferguson, Andrew Fifita, David Fifita, Wade Graham, Ryan James, Josh Kerr, Alex Johnston, Latrell Mitchell, Tyrone Peachey, Nathan Peats, Jesse Ramien, James Roberts, Tyrone Roberts, Joel Thompson, Cody Walker, Connor Watson, Jack Wighton. Coach: Laurie Daley

MAORI ALL STARS: Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Adam Blair, Jesse Bromwich, Kenneath Bromwich, Corey Harawira-Naera, Jahrome Hughes, Isaac Luke, Esarn Masters, Briton Nikora, Kodi Nikorima, Kalyn Ponga, Kevin Proctor, Bailey Simonsson, Brandon Smith, Brad Takairangi, James Tamou, Zane Tetevano, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Malaki Watene-Zelezniak. Coach: David Kidwell.

I didn't realise some of the IAS players were aboriginal? e.g. Andrew Fifita? Didn't he play for Tonga in the last world cup? Or don't you have to be an Indigenous Australian to play in the team?

Fifita is of Indigenous Australian and Tongan descent.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
Really? You sure about that?
I was rather well acquainted with his family when he was a teenager & his mother doesn't appear to be Aboriginal nor did I ever hear it mentioned.

I don't care tbh, but it's long been reported in the media and he's quoted as being proud of his Indigenous heritage:

After controversially switching alliances two years ago from Australia to Tonga there was no doubt in anyone's mind that Andrew Fifita's heritage meant everything to him.

The pulsating forward, who is of both a Tongan and Indigenous Australian background, will get the opportunity to celebrate cultural diversiety in the NRL's indigenous round.

Fifita praised the NRL's efforts in putting together this celebration of indigenous culture.

"We are starting to really recognise the indigenous players of our game and for myself and for my fellow team mates, I am representing my family this weekend," Fifita said.

"I am very grateful for the game for putting on the Indigenous all-stars game. Now we have a round dedicated to us .. it's a massive achievement."

The NRL's Indigenous round has turned into an annual event on its calendar with all 16 teams getting local indigenous artists to design their jerseys incorporating both Aboriginal and Maori patterns and features.

The round is fittingly placed on the calendar just prior to National Reconciliation Week, where fans are asked to remember the traditional owners of the land.

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6179322/fifita-braces-for-indigenous-round/

Tigerm

First Grade
ac57a42bf5909de673cfd6c160c5f764

Looks like LM has some work to do before the season starts, I wonder if he can actually tie his shoe laces atm:)

Legion

Juniors
Just a thought ...... let's say that LM slots right in at FB. How long do you all think it would be before he demanded the FB position at SOO [assuming he gets picked] & for Australia?

Then how long before he does a The Mouth Mundine act & pulls the race card? 'Is cos I black'.

Shit, Tommy Turbo will not budge Teddy from FB despite being a class act himself. - And rightly so. Tedesco is the worlds best FB by a fair margin.
Tommy is happy to play centre without a gripe. [The blokes a bloody champion I tells ya]

A lot of maybes but if it did come to pass I'd hope that LM would accept centre with the same grace as TT.

I’ve thought long and hard about latrells attacking game and he’s really a player you have to tackle low.

He’s strong atop and has a solid fend. You have to forget wrapping up the ball ( he holds high) and go hard and low. The next player in worries about his release.

He hasn’t taken as much care of himself as he could have but he will turn the flab into bulk soon enough.

First in down low. That’s suicide I know, but if you get it right, you’ll be ok. The roosters will all want to make uncle nick happy. They will be patient.

Just a thought ...... let's say that LM slots right in at FB. How long do you all think it would be before he demanded the FB position at SOO [assuming he gets picked] & for Australia?

Then how long before he does a The Mouth Mundine act & pulls the race card? 'Is cos I black'.

Shit, Tommy Turbo will not budge Teddy from FB despite being a class act himself. - And rightly so. Tedesco is the worlds best FB by a fair margin.
Tommy is happy to play centre without a gripe. [The blokes a bloody champion I tells ya]

A lot of maybes but if it did come to pass I'd hope that LM would accept centre with the same grace as TT.

He thinks he’s a young gi. But he just doesn’t have the same footy intelligence gi had. Gi was able to play through career ending injury, because he saw the game with more breadth and depth than 99.9% of players. I think those Melbourne legends all developed very strong mindsets at an early stage. Gi arrived at Souths with many strengths which Madge refined. GI can thank Madge for his greatness in many ways.

Gis mental health challenges were always around but Madge was able to manage that complex problem. That’s another sign of his relationship skills, that and being a leader, a person to look up to.

Madge is always thinking a bit forward, he didn’t buy into latrell at all.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
He thinks he’s a young gi. But he just doesn’t have the same footy intelligence gi had. Gi was able to play through career ending injury, because he saw the game with more breadth and depth than 99.9% of players. I think those Melbourne legends all developed very strong mindsets at an early stage. Gi arrived at Souths with many strengths which Madge refined. GI can thank Madge for his greatness in many ways.

Gis mental health challenges were always around but Madge was able to manage that complex problem. That’s another sign of his relationship skills, that and being a leader, a person to look up to.

Madge is always thinking a bit forward, he didn’t buy into latrell at all.

Yeah I agree. There are a lot of similarities but I just don't think Latrell has the same drive as GI. I can't remember any games where GI went missing, from playing Origin to a shit-house Bunnies team back in the early days. Lets be honest, the similarities are largely due to that they are both big bodies, fast, indigenous, moved between fullback-centre-5/8-fullback, and broke out into NRL at a young age. They are both game breakers, but GI wouldn't cost you the game by being lazy. Latrell has a very long way to go if he wants to be in the same league as GI, and to be honest, if he wants to truly test it he should have come to a semi-struggling squad like the Tigers and shown he can lift the team...like GI did for the Bunnies

Tigerm

First Grade
I’ve thought long and hard about latrells attacking game and he’s really a player you have to tackle low.

He’s strong atop and has a solid fend. You have to forget wrapping up the ball ( he holds high) and go hard and low. The next player in worries about his release.

He hasn’t taken as much care of himself as he could have but he will turn the flab into bulk soon enough.

First in down low. That’s suicide I know, but if you get it right, you’ll be ok. The roosters will all want to make uncle nick happy. They will be patient.
I don't understand, if we can organise it, can you show us what you mean?:D

One thing Latrell will never have is that pioneering attitude.

Until Gi, fullbacks had much more confined roles. More like ct.

His size, speed, strength, step and injection into the backline etc turned them into princes of attacking football. Plus he was a brilliant defender in his own right. He always had a positive impact in every team he played with and many ways.

Another player I think was exceptional was Thurston.

He was a walking miracle in his own right. He could save and rescue games single handledly. Probably the only player who was worth the massive excess paid to him. After a few rocky years, he did a lot for the game and its image and was humble.

He would be a good role model for Latrell because he liked and was loved by all people of all colours and cultures. No crying and thinking he was special.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looks like Madge has the ability to scare you shitless if he wants:)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/faad50f8b7d27b49c629ed972f0b513d

Wendell Sailor: Tigers ‘have come out better’ after missing out on Latrell Mitchell

“If you buy Latrell and you want him to be your star player at $1 million (a season) … I’ve watched him play fullback through the under 20s and when he first came into grade, I don’t know if his body shape is going to suit fullback,” Sailor told Triple M’s Dead Set Legends.

“We’ve seen the fullbacks of today: (James) Tedesco, (Tom) Trbojevic and all these guys. I reckon Souths is a better fit for him.

“And with the Wests Tigers, he didn’t want to go and meet Madge (Michael Maguire) so that’s not a good start when you don’t want to go and talk to the coach.

Tiger05

First Grade
I listened to that interview. I wanted to get Latrell and I reckon he is potentially one of the best players in the comp. I think we though may be better off with AD and BJ.

It'll be interesting to see how these guys go though.

Tigerm

First Grade
I listened to that interview. I wanted to get Latrell and I reckon he is potentially one of the best players in the comp. I think we though may be better off with AD and BJ.

It'll be interesting to see how these guys go though.
Yes I wanted him too, but he has carried on like a pork chop since and the pictures of him lately don't make for encouragement that he will be a FB worth the FB money he wants.
Not sure what was going on about the Madge thing?

Tiger05

First Grade
Yes I wanted him too, but he has carried on like a pork chop since and the pictures of him lately don't make for encouragement that he will be a FB worth the FB money he wants.
Not sure what was going on about the Madge thing?

I feel sorry for the guy in some ways mainly because I don't think he is very bright. I think he is a nice enough guy and at times a fantastic footy player but geez if he was my kid he would be getting a slapping.