What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I don't follow other clubs news, but what happened between LM & the Roosters, he seems to be a bit of a goose, but he was a key component to your side, it just doesn't seem like something your club would do?
No, it doesn't, you are right. However, while he was great for us in patches, he went missing for us in a lot of games, particularly from about a third of the way through last season onwards. That was unsustainable. How the whole thing has been handled by the external parties has been very disappointing. I think that, from the outset, he wanted to join his 'brothers' at Souths. I believe he used you guys, the Cowboys and the Titans as part of a game to increase his value, but that didn't work out too well for him, did it.
In terms of us giving in, I am sure there was sound reasoning for that, but obviously I do not profess to know the internal workings of our great club.
Anyway, I now just want to move on and focus on our other great players, including our juniors and fringe players. I can't wait until round 3, though!

Last edited:
No, it doesn't, you are right. However, while he was great for us in patches, he went missing for us in a lot of games, particularly from about a third of the way through last season onwards. That was unsustainable. How the whole thing has been handled by the external parties has been very disappointing. I think that, from the outset, he wanted to join his 'brothers' at Souths. I believe he used you guys, the Cowboys and the Titans as part of a game to increase his value, but that didn't work out too well for him, did it.
In terms of us giving in, I am sure there was a sound reasoning for that, but obviously I do not profess to know the internal workings of our great club.
Anyway, I now just want to move on and focus on our other great players, including our juniors and other fringe players. I can't wait until round 3, though!

Beautifully conveyed insights. Thank you.

axl rose

Bench
Those third-party Indigenous deals are a massive rort. Get on it Greenburger. Wait its Souths, back to twiddling your thumbs.

Game badly needs a new CEO and to kick Souths out of the comp.

ywOpPB7.gif

AXL and TDOM, you are both correct. Souths is the ultimate 'victim' club and believes that everyone else owes them something. Yes, sure, they were expelled from the comp, but they are back in now and should show some degree of thankfulness instead of having this 'the world is against us' mentality. I actually marched to help them back in but, going on their behaviour at times since, I am sort of questioning whether I did the right thing. Anyway, we will not ever bow down to them, and their petty and stupid ways. Easts forever!

By the way, you had some good posts in that Rabble forum, TSP.

Last edited:
AXL and TDOM, you are both correct. Souths is the ultimate 'victim' club and believes that everyone else owes them something. Yes, sure, they were expelled from the comp, but they are back in now and should show some degree of thankfulness instead of having this 'the world is against us' mentality. I actually marched to help them back in but, going on their behaviour at times since, I am sort of questionning whether I did the right thing. Anyway, we will not ever bow down to them, and their petty and stupid ways. Easts forever!

By the way, you had some good posts in that Rabble forum, TSP.

I made the point that people in the Roosters worked very hard with Latrell to improve his game and personal circumstances.

A lot of people backed him against their better judgment.

Their reward for the extra effort and sacrifice was a very public display of contempt as he took his contractual circus to multiple clubs and then seem to be taunting the club through social media.

Our tigers chair lost his head and through a massive and insane offer and sent a message out as to our desperation, which is never a good idea. Humiliating to some. Not good for our existing players self confidence.

Then us having delivered, lats shut us out altogether and wouldn’t even return our calls.

I suppose we learnt a valuable lesson or at least Chair did.

Fortunately, Madge and coaching staff never realistically contemplated latrell joining us and kept out of the hurrah. Stryker here said the same thing ver early. It was a good call.

His treatment of the roosters was an absolute disgrace and he will pay dearly over time.

His deal with Souths isn’t so hot. They have the option because they know he’s sis’s.

I admire the absolute austerity the roosters forced on latrell.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
This thread will basically be put to bed now but I have a few comments to make....just my opinions.

As a WT supporter I really didn't think LM would ever come to us. He is your typical flashy player who needs great players to set him up, he'd need to work too hard in our team and that isn't his go, he is your typical lazy player when the pressure gets too much...bit like Moses at Parra. He would be a liability in our team and turn out to be a thief taking his yearly salary, he wouldn't earn it and I really don't think he would fit in our team, he isn't really a team player, it is all about him...geez if the Roosters were prepared to let him walk they'd know best.

At the end of the day LM tried to use us by playing us off against other teams to increase his value BUT IMHO we still have integrity, we withdrew his offer, we didn't keep pursuing him and there is evidence of that. Madge (I believe) didn't want LM. Sure our CEO said we may restart negotiations but I don't think he was talking for Madge and I don't think Madge was ever going to do that....he made an offer, he stuck to it and was prepared to move on without LM....credit to him.

Anyway, history now.....

Last edited:
I forgot to add the dogs to the list of clubs his management was courting.

known contract talks:

Roosters
Tigers
Titans
North Queensland
Canterbury Bankstown
Wolfpack

and of course Souths.

Yesterday he said it was upsetting to him that his mum was crying about the unkindness shown to him, but he and his advisors have to take some ownership for her understandable emotional state.

People turned on him because they didnt like the bait and switch tactics Latrells people deployed. Thousands of people were excited and then let down.

Thus lats signed out of the contract drama in his typical victim hood style.

Players would kill for his talent and pay packet.

Cry us a river you ungrateful punk.

I’m not disrespecting his mum, she doesn’t deserve to be upset, but criticism of her son was always going to be the order of the day when you estrange and upset thousands of people in the public manner he chose.

Last edited:
Lol the Cleareys have destroyed Penriths attack. Fancy being lower on the ladder than us...embarrassing

Dwz as elite as they come, played like some kind of brain dead half injured mutant at the wiff and then regained all his powers once he f**ked off.

Ivan poisons elite players, he sacrifices other parents kids for his own and has screwed that up so far.

“Coach” of death....all aboard wiffters

Vic Mackey

Referee
This thread will basically be put to bed now but I have a few comments to make....just my opinions.

As a WT supporter I really didn't think LM would ever come to us. He is your typical flashy player who needs great players to set him up, he'd need to work too hard in our team and that isn't his go, he is your typical lazy player when the pressure gets too much...bit like Moses at Parra. He would be a liability in our team and turn out to be a thief taking his yearly salary, he wouldn't earn it and I really don't think he would fit in our team, he isn't really a team player, it is all about him...geez if the Roosters were prepared to let him walk they'd know best.

At the end of the day LM tried to use us by playing us off against other teams to increase his value BUT IMHO we still have integrity, we withdrew his offer, we didn't keep pursuing him and there is evidence of that. Madge (I believe) didn't want LM. Sure our CEO said we may restart negotiations but I don't think he was talking for Madge and I don't think Madge was ever going to do that....he made an offer, he stuck to it and was prepared to move on without LM....credit to him.

Anyway, history now.....

Ive been told a lot of the same info:

Madge was never keen on him, however the Board wanted a recruitment 'win' so chased him hard

After we withdrew the offer there was no further contact

Also got told that Nth Qld were his first choice, and in their meeting he told them he would sign there and then, however they werent impressed with him for the reasons you mention in paragraph 1

On the one hand Latrell has said that he wants to be respected and looked up to.

On the other hand, his conduct has been very disrespectful and resented.

He is going to have to shut up and work hard to get this massive albatross off his back.

Not every player at Souths is going to genuinely welcome him as his presence threatens their own or their mates success.

Players are very competitive people. They are often self absorbed to some extent. This is their living, it’s a terribly difficult one for many. This is bread on the table.

They will be secretly hoping he makes mistakes.

Last edited: