What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

gordsy

Juniors
He went to Souths because he wanted to play fullback and when he told the Roosters that they said have you heard of James Tedesco, you wanker.Because his contract took so long to sign he wasn't training he was eating and drinking, hence him turning up out of shape.
As for why he wanted to go to fullback, it's the same reason Val Holmes did, money. Fullbacks get paid more than centres. They have more expected of them too.

But no matter what happens and how good or bad his switch to fullback goes he wasn't the player we needed.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
But but but he’s happy! Watch how good he’ll be now he’s enjoying his footy!!

You handle him making mistakes if it’s through effort, but the bloke doesn’t give a shit

I don't dislike the guy but he clearly doesn't have the ability to make smart life decisions. I mean he knocked us back to play for Souths. It's just dumb.

Alex Johnston looks heaps better than him.

simmo1

First Grade
He definitely looks off the pace for even a centre, let alone fullback, however there is no doubt Maguire would have him much fitter than Bennet has him.

Legion

Juniors
He definitely looks off the pace for even a centre, let alone fullback, however there is no doubt Maguire would have him much fitter than Bennet has him.
No. Maguire would have expected him to put in, work hard and earn his salary. We would have seen a downward slide in attitude, plenty of sulking until he took a 'mental health' break, or whatever it's called these days.

Uncle Wayne gives him a cuddle and reassures him that all is well.
He's HAPPY under Uncle Wayne. Just look at him in the sheds after the game; smiling, not a care in the world. Looking at his demeanour alone you'd think that he'd had a great game, making the match winning try.

What did Mitchell say? 'Put me at fullback and you'll see'. See what?
We're watching LM and few are surprised that he can't cut it at fullback.
I've said all along that he hasn't got what it takes mentally to succeed in that position and as a Tigers supporter I was delighted when he knocked back our offer.

Many of us predicted he'd be given a shot at FB, fail, then end up playing at centre. He didn't last two entire games before he was put back to centre.

Is anyone surprised? Maybe I should ask the Bunnies supporters ..........

Last edited:
I dropped him when it became apparent that he had a bad head for thinking about his place in the world.

Imagine trying to unseat Tedesco. The best fullback in the world at the moment ( despite being a dickhead).

The evil virus thing is going to knock more than a few of these self loving players off their perches.

Some of the bunnies fans wanted him like a hole in the head. They see him as a bad influence.

Front-Rower

First Grade
3 years ago when Cleary came on board we probably needed a Latrell Mitchell. In fact I made a comment at the time to say Cleary should have made a latte date with him. Fast forward to today, and he is the last player we need.

I’m glad our club made a sensible decision in pulling his offer.

Tiger05

First Grade

He gets crucified in this video. Madge went after him as well. I don't blame him. I'm also glad right now that it didn't work out.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s no wonder he didn’t even talk with Madge ...Madge = hard work and no mid week trips to Taree..and $1 m definitely meant hard work..As was mentioned and glossed over by just about everyone including myself Easts were desperate to get rid of him ..It’s not like Bennet to get it wrong..Mitchells like the Corona virus, what’s next and how bad?

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
Can't wait to watch more of Souths this year. With Bennett keen to burn his bridges before departure and the Taree Mitchell and Cody Walker 'combination' making for good laughs. The bonus of Burgess on the coaching staff telling everyone they ain't tough unless they stiff arm blokes and be merkins like him. Good times, pity the season will probably be shit canned in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
The info I got was that Madge never wanted Latrell, however the board wanted a big name so went for him

If he did end up here it would have been completely different. It would have been in mid November with nearly a full pre season under Madge out of his comfort zone. That would have made or broken him. .

However he took the easy choice and went to play with his mates and under the notoriously soft Wayne Bennett. I said at the time the cuddling and free reign Bennett gives players works great for some i.e Jamie Soward, Alan Langer etc. On the other side look at guys like Anthony Milford and Jack Bird who went to him and got fat and shit.

He rocked up at Souths mid January after 2 months of drinking, eating and fishing and was told he woud walk right into the most physically demanding positon in the game. Hows that for accountability?! The biggest indicator of his attitude was when given a day off 48 hours before a game he pissed off to Taree to fish and jet ski. When you consider he had just been subbed with nearly half an hour of the game left less then a week ago it reeks of a guy who doesnt have footy high on the priority list.

Now he may end up coming good and put egg on all our faces, however that isnt a week or two away, its going to take a long time and won't happen without a major, major attirude adjustment, something that I'm not sure the current environment will give him.

Legion

Juniors

He gets crucified in this video. Madge went after him as well. I don't blame him. I'm also glad right now that it didn't work out.
"Crucified"? Slater tried to make excuses. Gallen basically said that this is how Mitchells always been so doesn't expect any different.

Gould told it how it is.
LM is under-prepared. He's not putting in.
At Easts he was surrounded by class players who made him look good. At Souths he looks like a fish out of water.

It appears to me that he's content to be at Souths and do what he's doing.
After all the talk of 'Put me at FB and you'll see', all the hoopla, all the talk about 'coming home', what a huge let-down to everyone who backed him.. He's not just letting his team down, he's letting himself down.

I agree with Gould, Mitchell does not read a game well. [He needs a trainer to shadow him giving instructions at FB]. The next 18 months will be very telling.
Mitchells attitude has always been his problem. If he's content with the way things are atm then I don't expect much improvement and I'd be surprised if Souths would want to offer him another contract at the end of the year.

WA Tiger

Bench
Centre ..Ok so I catch the ball, run as straight and as far as possible, and pass the ball if need be - Cool! ...Fullback, say what!!!!!!

Last edited: