What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Spooner

Juniors
I heard Gus say that these contracts fall through because of the inappropriate leverage that player managers have over clubs. They imply that if player A doesn't get what he wants, then he can't guarantee that the club will have access to his stable. IIRC he said that one QLD club 75% of their players are with one particular manager.
That sounds like a monopoly - maybe the club should ensure they deal with a variety of agents.

Spooner

Juniors
Did all this animosity stem from Stephano f**king Utoikamanu - a bloke who, while a big talent, is totally unproven at First Grade level, and decided to cut and run to another club, rather than dig in, train hard, and prove he can force his way into our 17????

This is madness - Utoikamanu is gone after 2020. Let us all just come to terms with that, please!!!
Most of us would cut and run if a club came in offering silly money - Stefano was on $60k and now has got a top 26 - 30 spot on $70 odd thousand. It would be madness not to take the opportunity.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Most of us would cut and run if a club came in offering silly money - Stefano was on $60k and now has got a top 26 - 30 spot on $70 odd thousand. It would be madness not to take the opportunity.

It wasn't the money, though - it was reported that we were only $30,000 short of the Tiger's offer.

The Tigers guaranteed him a spot on their top 17, whereas we didn't.

T.S Quint

Coach
It wasn't the money, though - it was reported that we were only $30,000 short of the Tiger's offer.

The Tigers guaranteed him a spot on their top 17, whereas we didn't.

$30k is a lot of money to a kid that age.
Hell, it’s a lot of money for me and I’m twice his age.
For those players on over half a million dollars a year it may not be much, but for someone earning only $100k-$150k it makes a huge difference.

TheRam

Coach
Well, specifically in the discussion between you and I, you absolutely did so...

Got no issue with playing funny games if posters wanna have a go at me btw. Gives me a chance to come up with inventive insults, if I can be bothered. Just don't go off all preachy when you've done the exact thing you're complaining about.

And BTW, you still haven't posted an example of a broken contract either

Look, Soto was just stating that contracts don't mean that a player can't shift to another club just because they are legally contracted to their current club and he chose to use the common term "broken contract", which I am sure we have all used at some time or another.

Sure in reality, legally that contract is renegotiated to suit both parties under the new and current circumstances. But the term to "break a contract" is thrown up there in the media all the time, so to get on your high horse and crap on like you are some kind of legal genius and anyone that doesn't understand the simple concept of what a contract implies, you just sound like a dick.

Give it a rest. Most on here know what is meant by breaking a contract. This is a footy forum not a court of law. So from a footy perspective contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. Players break them all the time. Now RAM that contract up your arse nerd boy.

T.S Quint

Coach
Look, Soto was just stating that contracts don't mean that a player can't shift to another club just because they are legally contracted to their current club and he chose to use the common term "broken contract", which I am sure we have all used at some time or another.

Sure in reality, legally that contract is renegotiated to suit both parties under the new and current circumstances. But the term to "break a contract" is thrown up there in the media all the time, so to get on your high horse and crap on like you are some kind of legal genius and anyone that doesn't understand the simple concept of what a contract implies, you just sound like a dick.

Give it a rest. Most on here know what is meant by breaking a contract. This is a footy forum not a court of law. So from a footy perspective contracts aren't worth the paper they are written on. Players break them all the time. Now RAM that contract up your arse nerd boy.

Nah, you’re just wrong.
‘Broken contract’ is an actual term that you are trying to change the meaning of. It doesn’t work that way.

Renegotiating a contract or organising a release is not breaking a contract. Full stop.

Oops, I mean period!

TheRam

Coach
Nah, you’re just wrong.
‘Broken contract’ is an actual term that you are trying to change the meaning of. It doesn’t work that way.

Renegotiating a contract or organising a release is not breaking a contract. Full stop.

Oops, I mean period!

Thanks Poindexter. Period.

Oops, I mean full stop!

Glenneel

Bench
Honestly i dont want to waste my life (and it appears for some this is their life) keeping it simple for the simpletons like you and others.
Too many keyboard warriors on here who like attack a person if they have differing opinion.
This site has lost many good posters over the years becuause of others juvenile, immature behaviour.
I sit back and laugh at the so many wanna be authorities on here.
TCT is sooooo much a better site without agendas, vindictive comments and people who actually genuinely know and love their footy...the same cannot be said about many on here..
Bazal and a few of his cohorts (84 and Twizzle mainly) attacked me when I first posted and I called him out much like you have. Common theme by them apparently. Bazal is much better commenting on league rather than having a go at everyone which is my final and only comment on this subject