What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

lingard

Coach
Dylan Brown has shown f**king plenty. He will be a star. Salmon will at least be a 100+ game first grader, which isn't a bad thing. But he's no guarantee of ever being Origin level. Dylan Brown will be that good for sure. I reckon he'll be in so much demand next time he's off contract we will probably let Moses go just so we can afford to keep him.

That's a very big call. Hope you're right about him. Also hope his back doesn't interfere with him living up to his potential. I remain unconvinced at this stage.

84 Baby

Referee
Dylan Brown has shown f**king plenty. He will be a star. Salmon will at least be a 100+ game first grader, which isn't a bad thing. But he's no guarantee of ever being Origin level. Dylan Brown will be that good for sure. I reckon he'll be in so much demand next time he's off contract we will probably let Moses go just so we can afford to keep him.
Let’s hope one of them turns shit so we know which one to get rid of

lingard

Coach
Interestingly all the talk last pre season was he was training in the centers yet I cant recall him getting any game time there at all last year.
A bit like BA's and Takas honest conversation at the end of 2018 that Takas days in the backs were history. We know how that worked out.
I reckon he would be a great 14 in 2020 with a view to replacing Mennings. I see enormous potential in the kid but then again I reckoned Tom Humble would be a beauty as well.

I thought Tom Humble would play origin after his first NRL game against Manly (at five-eight) where he scored an almost length of the field try and looked fantastic.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I thought Tom Humble would play origin after his first NRL game against Manly (at five-eight) where he scored an almost length of the field try and looked fantastic.
Yeah I agree. I remember him having an excellent game at 9 as well. Sadly hes one who I believe never got a fair crack.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That's a very big call. Hope you're right about him. Also hope his back doesn't interfere with him living up to his potential. I remain unconvinced at this stage.
Yep the back is the only concern (and a significant one) which is probably the only reason there wasn't more demand for him this year. Otherwise he might've been unaffordable for us.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yep the back is the only concern (and a significant one) which is probably the only reason there wasn't more demand for him this year. Otherwise he might've been unaffordable for us.
Cant disagree Poo. Best prospect Ive seen since B Kenny, S Ella, P Sterling, E Grothe Snr.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
By that stage we will be a f**ken #powerhouse and we can pay him Parra dollars cause everyone will want to be here.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Tbh I can't see Dylan Brown playing state of origin either. Not sure he has it in him

lingard

Coach
Yeah I agree. I remember him having an excellent game at 9 as well. Sadly hes one who I believe never got a fair crack.

I reckon if Daniel Anderson had stuck with him at five-eight instead of Mortimer in (2010, was it?), he may just have come on a lot better than he did. But I suppose Anderson thought Mortimer would come good again. I suppose none of us could have predicted Morts' incredible down turn in form, and the coach just gave him too long to regain his 2009 form - while Humble languished.

Bazal

Post Whore
Humble's problem was definitely that he didn't get a good long go. Of course that was because he wasn't a very good football player

Gazzamatta

Coach
I'm yet to be convinced of that yet, mate. But I sure hope he is; and I'll be cheering for him.
Ive watched Drown defend from behind the posts at Bankwest. Pure class. In attack the kid seems to have so much time. Reminds me of Lockyer. He can do it all. Yep Im a huge fan. That said, while he was out I reckon Salmon was progressing very nicely.
Such a great team this coming season. Failure is not an option.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I reckon if Daniel Anderson had stuck with him at five-eight instead of Mortimer in (2010, was it?), he may just have come on a lot better than he did. But I suppose Anderson thought Mortimer would come good again. I suppose none of us could have predicted Morts' incredible down turn in form, and the coach just gave him too long to regain his 2009 form - while Humble languished.
Tom Humble played 27 games for 9 wins. We're not the only club who thought he didn't have what it takes. NRL footy is about much more than speed and footwork. Daniel Mortimer had neither, yet he played in two grand finals and won a premiership on his way to 120+ NRL games, winning nearly half of them.

Latest posts