What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next Time On An All New TV General Discussion Thread

mackdadday

Juniors
Just jumped on the mr inbetween wagon. Love it. Dad put it in words to sell it to me in a way that i cant come up with a better description.

"picture ray donovan set in western sydney"

Great show bt the second season didnt have the first seasons musk i thought.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Dexter and I wasn't blown away.

Just want to get the consensus from people who have seen the whole series. Is it worth pushing through and persevering with it?

Dogs Of War

Coach

Just want to get the consensus from people who have seen the whole series. Is it worth pushing through and persevering with it?

First 2 seasons are great. I find it started to go downhill after that. Books are better

azzah72

Bench

Yeah go for it mate, It's a great series for 6 out of the first 7 seasons, don't bother with the 8th season as they shit the bed. You aren't missing much.

Season 6 is the only other one that was a bit rough but had a great ending.

All the rest are good to great in my opinion with season 4 the standout.

Springs09

Juniors
Been watching The Leftovers, despite the usual HBO rubbish it's been quite good. That is until the setting switched to Australia, or more like a bad parody of Australia, and the show goes full HBO with a furry orgy on a ferry.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just finished The Good Place the other day. That has to go down as one of the best endings for a show I've ever encountered, even if it did break my heart and leave me sobbing like a mourning mother.

Cheering myself up with some Survivor Australia: All-Stars now.

Springs09

Juniors
Dracula on Netflix. Atrocious.

f**ks up just about everything that makes Dracula great. One of the first lines being a nun asking Jonathan Harker ‘did you have sexual intercourse with Count Dracula’ tells you all you need to know. Just gets worse from there.

After Watchmen, Christmas Carol and now this I hope they stop remaking literary classics soon. Why do these hacks think they can improve them with contemporary themes and cynical rubbish that has next to nothing to do with the source?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Dracula on Netflix. Atrocious.

f**ks up just about everything that makes Dracula great. One of the first lines being a nun asking Jonathan Harker ‘did you have sexual intercourse with Count Dracula’ tells you all you need to know. Just gets worse from there.

After Watchmen, Christmas Carol and now this I hope they stop remaking literary classics soon. Why do these hacks think they can improve them with contemporary themes and cynical rubbish that has next to nothing to do with the source?

You didn't enjoy the critically acclaimed HBO Watchmen series? This is the first negative thing I've read/heard about it.

Springs09

Juniors
You didn't enjoy the critically acclaimed HBO Watchmen series? This is the first negative thing I've read/heard about it.

Really? Even from people who liked it, I've barely seen anyone who thought that depiction of Dr Manhattan was good.

I found it utter garbage that uses every popular cliche of modern HBO. I've never seen a show that's such complete narcissistic fanfiction. It also had the benefit of its fanboys immediately labelling anyone who didn't like it racist, since there was a lot of early criticism from undesirable parts of the internet about its racial themes.

This was a series that thought “I’ve got a nose for white supremacy and he smells like bleach” was good writing.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I loved Dexter, however watched it when it was out, so unsure how it’s aged

18to87

First Grade
The Stranger on Netflix is worth bingeing. It's not top-rated drama but the story has enough intrigue to push me to watch the end.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeh very well made & as with most King stories nowadays that are adapted to the screen or tv it sticks very very close to the book .
Very enjoyable .

My only gripe is that I can't binge it haha.

I've also just started rewatching Bojack Horseman in order to prepare myself for the final season. Such a good show.

Springs09

Juniors
I found The Outsider to run out of steam quickly. First episode was great. Last few have been slow. It's not a story that needs 10 episodes.

Timbo

Staff member
I think The Outsider would’ve been a cracking 5 episode miniseries.

It’s dragging a bit IMO.

Latest posts