What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scomo saving me

taipan

Referee
Agree with the context of your post.
ScoMO was caught well out of his depth(even though he had been visiting fires on the CC and Qld before his Hawaii trip.Sports rorts agree.
Don't agree with the Coronavirus reaction, he is on top of it with top Medical advice, acknowledged even by some on the media left.
Sometime PMs need to get their sh*t together.Everyone stuffs up in life, and a fire of this magnitude caught everyone by the short and curlies .Whoever suggested it was in order, he go to Hawaii needs the bullet..He's got 2 and 1/2 years to prove he is a better person than portrayed.
I'v criticised every leader in this country during my voting life

Quigs

Immortal
Arhhh yes the Qantas Fred has spawned offspring.

My cunning plan is working.

First we take Manhatten.

Arhhh yes the Qantas Fred has spawned offspring.

My cunning plan is working.

First we take Manhatten.
^^^^^^^^^^^
Beware the face of evil!
His beloved Qantas thread was in the times of the 3,000 post shut off.
This thread has the potential to do a great deal more damage to ones sanity due to the longevity it can possibly achieve.
Maybe the posters of the "I don't give a f**k about politics party" can organise a sit down protest towards the moderators to get this thread closed down.
The real people have the power!

Quigs

Immortal
How bout a decent picket line with proposed civil disobedience.

We could arrange protest marches and burn down buildings.

Start with the council dwellings and fence at our new temporary home ground. Then that dilapidated old shithole just across the Princes Highway.

It is all happening Reg.

carcharias

Immortal
People say one thing then do the opposite.
Then complain when a politician says one thing and then does the opposite.

Just as long as the lies are for a good cause ey?

What are you trying to say? This paragraph is barely comprehensible.

Drought does an estimated $80 billion damage world wide each year, on average (one fifth of all natural disaster damage).

https://library.wmo.int/doc_num.php?explnum_id=3401

About 815 million people are starving. About 3 million children per year die from malnutrition (about 45% of all childhood deaths). And you crap on about supposedly 11 people killed by windmills?

https://www.worldhunger.org/world-hunger-and-poverty-facts-and-statistics/

Plenty more than your supposed 11 fatalities would likely be dead from the hole in the ozone layer (which is not gone, by the way) except that we took action. By 2050 we would have destroyed the ozone layer and we would have 280 million more cases of skin cancer each year (that sounds a little worse than your windmill deaths). But we listened to the scientific consensus, despite a few industry moles and denialists. "Bed wetters" demanded industry change, governments took leadership, and the problem is mostly fixed.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smar...s-though-humanity-cant-take-credit-180967082/

Whatever you are trying to say, I'm pretty sure none of these issues are "Too far ken funny", and at least some "bed wetters" out there take these things seriously, so hopefully humanity continues to make some progress in these areas.
Of course the WETTERS saved the planet by changing the AIrcon GAS!!! TO OFAKEN FUNNY! Seriously I should have started a cult. I'd be knocking on your door every week for donations.

Eion

First Grade
Celeste barber goes & does all of that good work & raises her own profile simultaneously , then in 5 minutes alienates 50% of the population by being a corkhead, & undoes everything.
My missus threw $100 Celeste’s way because she follows her on insta and felt it was a great initiative to try to get extra money to people urgently.

Now it seems all Celeste wants to bang on about is that she was wonderful doing stuff ‘when nobody else was’ missing the irony that not 1 cent of the money people gave her has reached anyone yet. Not that she intended that of course, but to politicise on the back of peoples apolitical good intentions is pretty low...my missus unfollowed her.

Was meant to be all about people coming together and turned heaps of people off I’m sure.

Of course the WETTERS saved the planet by changing the AIrcon GAS!!! TO OFAKEN FUNNY! Seriously I should have started a cult. I'd be knocking on your door every week for donations.

So you don't believe the science and research that went into turning around Ozone layer depletion , but you have 100% faith in the science behind Nuclear technology making it safe ? Good thinking!

Sarcasm is wasted on you.
In this case yes . Because this has been warned about for years and every excuse under the sun is used to do nothing. Enough Individuals will never take it upon themselves to do enough to make a difference . They have too many other immediate concerns . That's why leadership and an understanding of WHO the experts that should be listened to are .-- Hint Not non scientific Alan Jones or Andrew Bolt , or you or me. I'm pretty sure you and I both will not like some of the necessary measures a true leader would take.Our job is to hold the leaders to account for doing what needs to be done and following advice of the experts.

carcharias

Immortal
In this case yes . Because this has been warned about for years and every excuse under the sun is used to do nothing. Enough Individuals will never take it upon themselves to do enough to make a difference . They have too many other immediate concerns . That's why leadership and an understanding of WHO the experts that should be listened to are .-- Hint Not non scientific Alan Jones or Andrew Bolt , or you or me. I'm pretty sure you and I both will not like some of the necessary measures a true leader would take.Our job is to hold the leaders to account for doing what needs to be done and following advice of the experts.

Good god.

The life of the party is back.

carcharias

Immortal
Anyway
I went down as far as Bawley Point over the weekend.
Spent some money in the little towns.
Did my bit.
The rain has been great
Lots of bush has started to grow back again.
Saw a couple of houses that got destroyed.. others managed to survive somehow.

It is an amazing place the south coast.

Latest posts